Garfield: Attack of the mutant lasagna - FINISHED!!!!

Started by Kairus, Tue 02/03/2004 02:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Kairus

Ladies and gentlemen... it is time...

I proudly announce that, after more than two years of discontinuous development, 'Garfield: Attack of the mutant lasagna' is ready to be downloaded.

You can do it here and you can read about it here.
The file weights 6.11 Mb. Thanks a lot to Joseph DiPerla for hosting the file and the website.

The link has been tested, downloaded and installed again to see if it's working properly... and it's not!!! No, just joking. Everything worked fine for me.

Some screenshots, they're from the old version but they're almost the same as in the final version:

Please download it and tell me what you think of it.
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Gilbert

* Gilbot V7000a starts teh download immediately!

Vel

* Vel dittos Gilbot

Garfield is my second favourite comics charater, I hope this game is at the level of the comics, and has much of the same humour.

OSC@school

OMFG! WTFG! its finished! yey ^_^

i jus gotta wait till i get home to play *sighs* only five and a half more hours....

-OSC-unplugged

Wormmaster

*downloading...

--EDIT--

Well, it's cool game, but I'm stuck already! :(
Spoiler
How am I going to get Jon awake or deactivate mousetrap?
[close]

Kinoko

Oooooh, I'm downloading it as we .... as I type! ^_^ Can't wait! Well, I can I suppose...

By the way, has anyone seen this? -
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=garfield_sucks

I'm a Garfield fan but... I just love this comic to death :) No matter how many times I look at it, it still almost brings tears to my eyes.

Did you draw EACH individual leaf on those trees or did you just use some sort of clever duplification tool?

Pet Terry

Wooooooooooooooooooooo! Downloading as soon as possible!1
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Vel

I played it a little, and it's great so far!/Apart from the music, which is not very good/
Im reviewing this in the next ezine!

Iwan

;D ;D ;D

start downloading

downloading

downloaded

playing

Lazy Z

Yay coolness, Garfield's here! I played the demo a long time ago and have been waiting for it ever since! I'm downloading it now, should take... a while, stoopid 56k.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Kairus

Thanks guys for downloading it. I'm glad you liked it so far.

Vel: Yeah, the music sucks, but it's mine... it's all mine!!! :D They're my first attempts in making music so please, have some consideration. :)

Wormmaster:
Spoiler
You'll need to wake Jon up in a wet way...
[close]

Kinoko: That comic stripe was a funny parody. I know Garfield strips have been a little too repetitive lately, but I don't think it's easy to find all-new jokes for a three frames strip every day. I think 28 years is more than enough to any strip character, I am a big fan of Garfield, too, but the guy who wrote that article is definitely right about what he says of all the merchandising around the cat.
And I didn't draw all the leaves one by one, I just draw eight or something like that and then used a tool that paints using the images you choose. I don't know what's the name of that tool in photoshop (I use PhotoPaint), but  in PaintShop PRO it's called 'picture tube'.

Lazy Z: Don't worry about your 56k connection, my connection is the same and I could upload it. :)
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Felipe

I'm downloading it right now.
I'll post here saying what I think about it as soon as I manage to play it. (which will take some time, though)
* Felipe does the math
It's 6.11Mb...
I'm on a 56k modem...
And I'm just getting 30k, ATM...
I get disconnected every 2 minutes or less...

Oh, well, hope I finish downloading it this year :-\
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Raggit

I'm enjoying this game! Nice job!  Although some of the course language seems out of place in a Garfield game.   I have a problem though:

SPOILER:

Spoiler
What do I do once the first muntant jumps out in the kitchen
[close]

--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Wormmaster

Thanx for helping me! :D
But I'm stuck again!!! :(
Spoiler
I'm needed to make some lasagna to that old cat. I think I'm needed to get in the market. How am I going in the market?
[close]
Cool game!!!

Inkoddi

I woke Jon up, talked to Odie and went to the kitchen... what now?

Totoro

Quote from: Inkoddi on Wed 03/03/2004 15:53:53
I woke Jon up, talked to Odie and went to the kitchen... what now?

Spoiler
kick Odie
[close]

And for the game: This is wonderful. You included so many animations for every action, so much effort :)

tvtom

nope!

tv tom: look the blackbird's post.

question: how to pick up the hat? i have the glue but "it's not the good time to use it"

Raggit

For those of you who need the hat, read below.

Spoiler
Get some hair out of Garfield's bed.  Climb the tree over the bench and use the hair on the man.  He'll sneeze and lose his hat.  When he gets up, use the glue on the bench.  He'll sit back down and get stuck.  Go back and get some more cat hair and use it on him again.  The same thing will happen again, but he is stuck and can't move.
[close]
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

nope!

thanx!
I notice somebugs: sometimes, Garfield is stuck (in the supermarket, in the park)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk