Down With Skirts!

Started by Meowster, Fri 28/11/2003 19:30:20

Previous topic - Next topic

shbaz

QuoteOrganise a day where the girls wear pants and the guys wear skirts.

Yeah, I think I'd want some kind of compensation for sinking to that.. but then I'm not Irish.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

earlwood

Yufster, I dunno if your administrators are going to change there mind, they probably don't want to admit being wrong to a (N/A) year old.
I would suggest wearing a pair of cotton athletic type pants over your unmentionables. :P This way you can be active, Go upstairs, and pants your principal, without your (I'm just assuming) 'Molly hatchet R0x0rs' underpants being exsposed to your peers.

Or you could wear a skirt over your pants  ;).

No rules broken with either one

Hinders

There was a guy in our school who stripped for 50€, he even bought strings for men, but he just got a warning ;D
----

Las Naranjas

50€ is a bad influence.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Joelman

if you think about it, pants are no picnic either! usually its too hot to wear pants, like if i could (without getting arrested) i would walk around in a shirt and my boxers, the world is just too uptight! everywhere you go, someone is being offended by the fact that mcdonalds has Golden arches, instead of silver, shut up people.

anyways, as far as advice, either deal with it, and go crazy once your in college, or
be heard! the squeaky wheel gets greased, and like, slow drivers dont pull over unless you honk at them, and rev your engine at all the stops... or something

i'll shutup now...
Are clones people two?

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I wear pants to school  ;D
My idiotic school does have female trousers, but they have HUGE butts and no pockets, so I just bought a male pair, they are much more comfortable and cost less. I can ride a bike now and not worry about a skirt getting up my asscrack. Nobody dares to get me in trouble because of it, due to the fact that I have a bad reputation for starting petitions and rebelions in school ¬_¬

One guy wore a female uniform to school to protest a couple of years ago, he's a drag queen, he got suspended O_O

NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Gemmalah

I believe yufter is right! woo rebellion!
no seriously everyone has made really valid points. I laughed at the school saying trousers don't look good on women, to be honest boys should wear them, free the bulges yet we have nothing that "ahem" bulges yet we are given more space? how stange.

Same with men in baggy t shirts while girls fashionably wear tight tops, over thier bulges.
I wear jeans to school, i'm doing A levels so i'm allowed.
By the way trousers without pockets should be outlawed, where will you put your phone, money, sweets, chrisp packets and other assorted junk?
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

shbaz

Quotewhere will you put your phone, money, sweets, chrisp packets and other assorted junk?

Between your *ahem* bulges?
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

EldKatt

Quote from: Yufster the Psychadet on Sun 30/11/2003 16:30:03
Okay, I changed my plan of attack slightly. As well as that charming letter to my principal, I'm also sending furious but completely reasonable letters to:

Noel Dempsey, Minister for Education
Dept. of Equality
Student Union of Ireland
Irish Times
RTE Radio Telefis Eireann
The Sunday Times
Carlow Nationalist
Sisters of Mercy Secret Military Headquarters in Berlin

I'll cause them so much shit they'll have to do something, and I'll let them know that as a single parent, my mother is entitled to legal aid, so money isn't an issue with this case.

After getting the respective replies from those depts, I'll stir the blood of my fellow students until they're as angry as I am. Then... War!

Et cetera.

To share my thoughts and experience with life in general with you all, being hostile and writing 'furious' letters is about the worst way to complain about anything. Nobody will listen to or agree with it--as opposed to civil but accurate requests--but are more likely to smile, nod their heads, and call a councellor.

'This is a stupid idea and you're stupid' might not be too far from the truth, but the people (those referred to here as 'stupid') are more likely to listen to a relaxed and patient explanation of what your actual point is.

Hopefully my point gets through here.

Ghormak

An example:

1) Yufster, you are stupid! This won't work at all, what are you thinking? Do you really think they're going to listen to you if you write like that?! Geez!!

2) Yufster, I don't think they will be likely to listen to angry/furious letters. It'd probably be better to be as civil as possible, calmly stating the reasons why you think it should be changed.

1 or 2?

Achtung Franz! The comic

Helm

I think I'll go with the first option, thank you.
WINTERKILL

Meowster

Actually, Annie already pointed that out and I did think before giving it to her. Instead I went to the principal and told her exactly what we were gonna do and got the names of the parents council members to write to them. I also got a supportive email from the student union of ireland detailing how I could go about planning it.

And oddly the Principal seemed rather okay with it.

Anyways so basically we're considering either or both of these:

1. Just go in wearing trousers one day.
2. Each student has agreed to write one or more letters to the school a week with the exact same message. If the school has to open about 600 letters a week with the same message, from anonymous senders, they're gonna get pissed off. However, that's pretty much all it would do ; piss them off.

Oh and then we're all gonna assemble outside and burn our bras.

RickJ

Yufster,

One thing about the letter writting campaign.  make sure the letters ask for a reply.  Then the next letter references the first and asks why the first wasn't answered.    Here is an example of wht I mean.

In my previous letter of the Dec-1-2003, I asked why this, that, and the other thing.  I also requested that .....  You have not replied to my letter, so I am now writting this letter to ask if you intend to respond and if so when will you do so.  If you do not intend to respond then please explain why you do not intend to respond.  

Common protocol is that you shouldn't immediately go above or around persons who are supposed to be responsible for decisions.  But if they do not respond to legitimate querries then you take your questions to then next higher rung on the ladder.  If no response there you keep going, all the way to the top.

Make sure the letters are clear about what you are  asking the recipients to do.   Be certain that one of the things is that they should respond in writting.   Regardless of their decision, they are oblicated to respond to written request in writting.  

Try to keep the rantings and emotionalism to a minimum, etc, etc ...

Good luck with this.

RickJ

Raven_Gray

Hey Yufster, keep up the good fight. One more point of advice though. Though almsost every revolution in history, the one most important thing needed was communication. Communication is your friend, isolation is your enemy. What you need to do is find ways to communicate your ideals to many peoples at once. This will definatly show the administration that they won't be able to just push you aside. If only there was a way to get your messege across.....like....maybe if there were PAPERS......which people could read....and these PAPERS would have NEWS written down in them about current events. What would somthing like that be called?  :P

EldKatt

Maybe this point didn't get through in my previous post:

Whatever you do, do not willfully piss anyone off.

That will not help you in any way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk