Where is Yahtzee?

Started by Erkki, Sat 29/11/2003 00:50:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Erkki

Hi!

I am trying to contact Yahtzee, but he hasn't replied to my e-mail (sent in the beginning of this week). I read from www.fullyramblomatic.com that "he is off", but I don't know what he means exactly.

Can he be contacted by e-mail? Or other means?

Las Naranjas

Look at the Ramblomatic archives and find the simple answer.

Brisbane.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Erkki

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Sat 29/11/2003 00:52:48Look at the Ramblomatic archives and find the simple answer.
Brisbane.

Thanx, but I already noticed that. Knowing he's in Brisbane doesn't help me much though. I want to know how to contact him.

The reason: I want to make a remake of "5 Days a Stranger" (as a 3D pure adventure / Deus Ex mod) and I wan't to know if he would allow it.

Las Naranjas

I suppose if you were really desperate, you could find his girlfriend's  email on the underdogs forums (Rhubarb Celestial) with whom he's staying (I believe).

However, I might as well pre empt everyone who's going to ask why you're choosing to remake the game. Not so much a prejudice against 3d, but a question as why you wouldn't attempt your own material.

Then again, it would still be an interesting exercise, so go ahead.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Erkki

Ehh.... I had typed a long reply but it got deleted by my stupidity. Here I go again:

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Sat 29/11/2003 01:57:58I suppose if you were really desperate, you could find his girlfriend's  email on the underdogs forums (Rhubarb Celestial) with whom he's staying (I believe).

Thank you very much. I'll do that if Yahtzee doesn't reply in a few days.

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Sat 29/11/2003 01:57:58However, I might as well pre empt everyone who's going to ask why you're choosing to remake the game. Not so much a prejudice against 3d, but a question as why you wouldn't attempt your own material.
Then again, it would still be an interesting exercise, so go ahead.

I want to remake "5 Days a Stranger" because it is probably the best amateur adventure I've played (haven't played a lot recently), but I think it's lacking just a bit from being truly great. Read the review on www.adventuregamers.com if you want to see what I think it's lacking -- I completely agree with that review.

My "team" (currently just two people) is working on a bigger game, but we felt the need to create & release something faster to boost our confidence and skills. This can be done in 3-4 months (rough estimation), which is a lot less than our own game. This would be a test for us if we can create a quality game.

5 Days offers us a good story, location and characters + Deus Ex offers a complete 3D engine that supports all the required adventure game elements: dialogues, inventory, interactive environment and is very customizable.

Our bigger game will also be 3D (adventure / driving / RPG).

Las Naranjas

Whilst I'd still prefer to see your own work, i can see the desire to have something already done to speed the translation from point and click to that style of 3d engine (I've often thought similar things about the Dark [Thief] Engine).

So good luck.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Erkki

Thanx.

I just received a reply from Yahtzee and he gave me permission to go ahead with it! :)

|Alky|

Deus Ex is damn cool.
Be sure to dig up and post the URL in this thread when you've finished, and if you need beta testers I'd be happy to oblige.
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

TheDude

Is it going to be a mod for Deus Ex 1 or Deus Ex 2... DE2 is out in January or something.

Erkki

Nah, I'm not going to post in this thread because it will take a few months before it's done. I'll post in the announcements forum (or is that for AGS games only?).

It's for Deus Ex 1. Deus Ex 2 will not come with a SDK (and they won't release it later either according to current information).

AGA

Announcements is for AGS games only. Just post it in this forum.

Layabout

damn. i forgot he was here...

* Layabout gets out sock full of coins...
I am Jean-Pierre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk