do ghosts exist, how can you tell you have one in your room?

Started by Gemmalah, Wed 03/12/2003 09:25:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemmalah

I believe I have a ghost in my room.
1. When you walk into my room from the rest of the house it is like walking through a wall of cold air.

2. my lampshade is swinging... started last week, and will not stop. my mum thinks it's because there is a hole in the roof and the winds getting in. But today it is foggy that means no wind at all or the fog will blow away. It was going real bad this morning!

3. bottles of alchol appear for no reason (no wait thats me sorry)

4. I swear i saw a girl sitting on the end of my bed about a year ago!

i'm kinda freaked,
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

Minimi

there could be several explanations to this and several things you can do about it.

1 - You could be hallucinating, or being paranoid, so I suggest see a shrink, and maybee he can help you.

2 - If there are ghosts/demons in your room, then there is always a reason to that. Try finding out, if anyone of your house had done any spiritual spells/games.  Wicca, is one of them.

3 - See if you can find any object, like a painting, african art, or something, that looks strange to you, in your house. Demons can apply themselves to objects that are made to worship them, or made to curse others. Examples are, most small elephant statues from africa are demonic possest, wich means that when you keep them in your house, you give the right to the demons to enter your house and your life.

Now, how to get really rid of these ghosts?
- My answer, and there might be people that have other feelings about it, and that's ok, but my answer is :
Go to your room and speak out loud as a prayer : "In the name of Jesus, I command every ghost to leave this room".

Yes, I'm a christian, and I don't say you have to do this, but I believe, that we humans, with Christ, can rule over anything that is bad. And it sure isn't good what happens in your room, because you get scared of it.
I'm going to stop now, but I want you, and others to ask, not to reply to flame the christian believes now, ok? I respect other believes also. So Gemmalah, if you have any more questions, just ask!

Vel

Gemmalah

Tell me vel why are we freaks?
I have as much right to believe in what i like (such as the paranormal and such) as you have to breathe!

Minimi I never knew that about elephants, facinating! my aunt has a load of them in her house ( i wonder if thats why it's so cold)

I don't think i'm hullutionating though, i don't do drugs, but my mum and boyfrend can all see odd things in my room such as the lampshade!

I believe maybe these ghoasts could be good lost relitives warning me perhaps?
Though minimi i don't critise your approach it is very sensible to me i don't flame beliefs. I believe someone is out there, but don't go to church because God is everywhere and he can see all i do anyway! I didn't think they got involved with us much though, like letting children learn what is right or wrong by first giving them guidelines and if they don't listen they find out the hard way.

Ya know I feel a hole lot better afer reading that post thanks a bunch.

Nacho

Well... That´s kinda freaking, but cold rooms can be explained by many reasons. Does your room aim to the sunset side? Maybe the hole explanation is good, either.

Does your lamp bouce? Well, if it has started last week, the reason must be in something what happened last week for first time, not for a "supposed ghost girl" (who would have died at least a year ago), if so, the lamp should have been bouncing from a year ago.

As for the girl sitting in the bed, well, you could have been half sleeping, or something else... For example, when I come back from hard training or compeating, my sugar reserver are down, I slightly faint and I see strange things, that has nothing to see with supernatural matters.

My point is... Have you been influenced by ghost stories before? My experience is that only believes people who wants to believe (As in Mulder´s poster  :)) You see supernatural things, I see strange things that can have a lot of explanations.

As an example, I must say that there was a "Haunted House" in a town I lived. I was new at the town, I was not influenced by the gossip and I slept one night in that house, while my friends couldn´t.

So, you have two options:

a) Be rational, have in mind that the World has more than 6,000 milion years and during that time the supernatural facts are quite recent, or...

b) Or believe that a religion invented by analphabet palestine sheeperds 3,000 years ago is truth and pray in the name of Jesus the ghosts to leave, making what a person that have called you "Paranoid" wants.

Don´t misunderstood me: Religions are good if you need them. Some times they help, but thinking that YOUR religion is the good one is very pretencious. If you are a christian... Do you think that you´re better than hinduists? Than Jewish, Muslims? better than the Romans, the Greeks or the Zulus? Why must they be wrong?

Religions have allways some similarities. Be good with the other, share... Use that, but never try to impose your beliefs to others.

Well, religion is a very sensitive matter... I don´t want to flame it in the sense that I really like how most of us take it, but somebody said yesterday in #AGS that "only christianism is good",and the message of Love by Jesus must spread all over the World"

It reminded to me a lot to the message of the misioners, people whose intention was to spread the Words of Jesus, spreading instead of that diseases and creating necessities that indigenes never had before.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Vel

Look at logical explanations I mention below:
1. It is just cold in the room.
2. You left more than one window in the room and the doors open
3. Drink
4. You haven't had much 53><, have you?

Scummbuddy

build a 4 walled box , like one with no top, nor bottom, and if the lampshade starts swinging again, place the box over it to try and stop air flow to it. maybe even make a lid from a magazine or something, so you can peek in.  

when you can prove it to yourself that its nothing, itll go away.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Gemmalah

lance: hey this isn't a religious thread anyway. my room is one of those ones suspended over a walkway between two houses. that may be why it is cold exept over the winter i have  had my heater on for at least 3 hours before i go to bed, it still does it. And yes my heater does work because once you are in the middle of the room it is warm when the heater is on.
maybe the girl was a hullutionation!

Scummbuddy :the lampshade that is swinging was on my cealing. i can't put a box on top of it but if anything else starts to move, i'll try it.

Vel: you seem a very logical person I wish you had said that in the first place rather than insulting us.
my window is never open in my room, it's stuck shut unless you really push, it's winter so no! too cold for that.
I don't drink that much either, i was only joking. what is 53>< anyway? if it is drugs or drink than most likely not.

Darth Mandarb

53>< = SEX

I believe in Ghosts ... we have a ghost amongst us on these boards.

Seriously ... I do actually believe in ghosts, though I don't think I've ever seen one.  I think ghosts are real, but perhaps not in the fashion that movies/books/tv would lead us to believe ...

])]v[

shbaz

53>< is the way Vel and his l33t crowd refer to the act where you try to make a baby without actually creating a baby. I doubt he does it much, if at all, really, so I don't know why he said anything. If he does, congratulations for becoming an elite member of the world. Sex is usally reserved for only those who can get a boner, so I can see why he'd be proud of having had it.

If you had mentioned that your room is suspended I think it would have been quite obvious to everyone what was going on in the first place. You know how bridges will freeze and the roads won't sometimes? It's because a road is on the ground and the ground isn't frozen just because the air is below freezing.. but a bridge is suspended so its entire mass can become frozen easily with wind chill. The same applies to houses, because your room is suspended it will become easily cold, because it is not as well insulated from the environment. The heater only works in the middle because apparently you don't have a good enough heater.

The swinging of the lampshade could be attributed to a lot of things, and I'd be willing to bet your room moves as the different sides of the houses it's attached to move in different ways as they expand/contract from heat. Since it's attached to the ceiling, it's sensitive to this. Wind is more likely.. but if it's still doing it on foggy mornings that is the only explanation I can think of right now. If anything, this is the weird thing.

The ghost on your bed was probably nothing, unless you saw it for longer than 5 seconds in some sort of distinct form. If it was just an instant, then it probably never was.

One thing that I thought was interesting about haunted houses when I was watching an investigation was that they were always cold, and the air would shift for no apparent reason when there was no wind and the room was isolated. You could see the dust in the air all at once change direction with no cause. If you're seeing that sort of thing, then cry out to jesus or something. I  tend to think that making the ghost feel uncomfortable being in the room by masturbating a lot would probably work better.

Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

BerserkerTails

My mother got attacked by a ghost once.

She works in The Empress, a very old hotel in Victoria, B.C, Canada, and this hotel has been known to be haunted. Anyway, she works in a gift shop in the hotel.

One night, she was putting some books away on a shelf. The books were at the back of the shelf, laying face down. There's no way they could've fallen off the shelf. So my mother turns around and bends down to get some more books from the box on the floor when all the books on the shelf suddenly fly off and hit her in the back.

One of my mom's co-workers saw the books fly off too! Noone touched them.

...  :o
I make music.

Scummbuddy

that scene in ghostbusters in the library always scared the hell out of me.  the card catalog zipping out, and then the library lady turning into  a scary ghost....
gives me chills
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Darth Mandarb

"Tell me Alice ... are you, at present, menstrating?"

"Hey?", says the shocked librarian.

"Back off man ... I'm a scientist!"

Venkman rules!!

Haddas

I have ghosts in my room too!

This is what could explain parts of it:
1. There's cold air blowing at my feet every other second in the morning when I get out of bed, still, there's nothing under my bed. I'm scared to get up in the morning
2. I read Stephen King
3. My room is the creaky room
4. This house had been empty since 1935 when a guy had hanged himself here, then we moved in.
5. I'm superstitious
6. I have no more Dust-trolls under my bed (due to the fact that SOMETHING must have been lying under there and breathing at my feet, since I NEVER vaccum).
7. My grandfather was a world traveler = Thing-Majings from all over the world. Like the old Caribbean Voodoo mask we have on our dinig-room wall.

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Goldmund

Ah, this seems just like a poltergeist phenomenon. (always wanted to say this!11!!!1)

Parapsychologists claim that such occurences, plus "strange knocking" and "telekinesis" are caused by a teenager in the house, who possesses paranormal abilities yet is unaware of them. When he/she realizes it is him/her that's behind those antics, they stop. When the kid grows up the occurences tend to disappear as well.

Wait, I made a mistake!!1 Cold air, you say! Well, then your room is really haunted. How about an exorcist? Only make sure his heart is in better shape than Max Sydow's.

Andail

If you came to gothenburg this time of year you'd sense lots of ghosts alright...cold winds everywhere

PureGhostGR

Ghosts? Nah.. nothing like that exists.. everything is a manifestation of the mind. Just think of all the things that people come up with that make you go "WOW" at first, but once explained, fall flat.

Your room "feels" haunted because you want it to be.

Pretty ironic attitude considering my nick...

:P

Nine Toes

Well, I must admit, that I'm a beleiver.  I do beleive in ghosts and the supernatural.  But, in order to be able to see anything, you have to be open minded.  If you grow up your entire life being told and made to believe, by your parents or another example setting figure, that things like this don't exist, then you're never going to see anything.  That's why little children and animals seem to be able to perceive these things better than a lot of humans.  Also, these things tend to happen when you least expect them, if you're actually out "ghost hunting", you're probably not going to see anything.  Have you ever been sitting there, spacing out in front of the tv, and then you heard something (a voice, etc)... or saw something out of the corner of your eye, and then when you turn to look, there was nothing there?  

That's me.  I was raised, being told by my mom that I shouldn't beleive in such things.  But now that I'm a man, and I have a voice of my own, I have decided for myself that things like this exist.  But the things my mom told me when I was a little boy are so ingrained into my head, that I'm less perceptive of things like this.

My family is always telling me stories about our house.  We live in a dusty old farmhouse in the countryside of Wisconsin (FACT: Wisconsin is one of the most haunted states in the U.S..  It's also popular for U.F.O. sightings.)  My stepdad, he just tells me stuff, he's never seen anything.  My mom, she hears things... but then again, she's sick, so... yeah.  My little sister seems to be able pick this stuff better than anyone I know, probably because she's "independent"... you know, she's fifteen, she's got her mind on other things... (boys...).  Me, I've really never see anything.  I hear things from time to time, and I've only seen one thing that I can't explain, but I've never seen an actual ghost.

Of the stories I hear from my family, the most popular stories I hear are about:
- a lady in white
- a man wearing a derby
- the "person living in the storage closet"
- my mom hears a flute playing late at night (but then again my sister plays the flute, so I'm going to dismiss that)
- my mom also hears footsteps late at night (a few times where neither my sister nor I were supposed to be home)

Since we're on the topic of ghosts, I have some pictures that all of you beleivers out there might like, but I'm having problems posting them as pictures, and I can't seem to post the right link, so I'll be back when I figure it out.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk