do ghosts exist, how can you tell you have one in your room?

Started by Gemmalah, Wed 03/12/2003 09:25:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

Quote from: Lance Farlandstrong on Wed 03/12/2003 13:05:06
b) Or believe that a religion invented by analphabet palestine sheeperds 3,000 years ago is truth and pray in the name of Jesus the ghosts to leave, making what a person that have called you "Paranoid" wants.

Don´t misunderstood me: Religions are good if you need them. Some times they help, but thinking that YOUR religion is the good one is very pretencious. If you are a christian... Do you think that you´re better than hinduists? Than Jewish, Muslims? better than the Romans, the Greeks or the Zulus? Why must they be wrong?

Religions have allways some similarities. Be good with the other, share... Use that, but never try to impose your beliefs to others.

Well, religion is a very sensitive matter... I don´t want to flame it in the sense that I really like how most of us take it, but somebody said yesterday in #AGS that "only christianism is good",and the message of Love by Jesus must spread all over the World"

It reminded to me a lot to the message of the misioners, people whose intention was to spread the Words of Jesus, spreading instead of that diseases and creating necessities that indigenes never had before.
Ok OK, I get the message, but let me say a few simple things to this :

1. - Being a follower of Jesus Christ, has nothing to do with religion.
2. - I never said that christians are better than others, because we are all people, and we all are of the same worth/value. I only imply, that Jesus is the answer, and the 1 truth. But I never mentioned being better than someone else, it's more like, with Jesus in my life I'm complete, and able to overcome situations better than when I did not had Jesus as my friend.

And to not avoid the subject, Gemmalah, I'm glad you feel more confortable, and I hope and pray, that peace will return to your room, and that you won't have to be affraid anymore. I know about being affraid, and also have had times, of nightmares, and  imagining things, and really feeling bad forces around me, and I know that when you are alone at your room, it can be pretty spooky. So I just hope that you may find the right solution to this, and also your other housemates, that they will also feel comfortable again.

Love,
Minimi  :-*

Nacho

Quote from: Minimi on Wed 03/12/2003 22:39:23
Quote from: Lance Farlandstrong on Wed 03/12/2003 13:05:06
b) Or believe that a religion invented by analphabet palestine sheeperds 3,000 years ago is truth and pray in the name of Jesus the ghosts to leave, making what a person that have called you "Paranoid" wants.

Don´t misunderstood me: Religions are good if you need them. Some times they help, but thinking that YOUR religion is the good one is very pretencious. If you are a christian... Do you think that you´re better than hinduists? Than Jewish, Muslims? better than the Romans, the Greeks or the Zulus? Why must they be wrong?

Religions have allways some similarities. Be good with the other, share... Use that, but never try to impose your beliefs to others.

Well, religion is a very sensitive matter... I don´t want to flame it in the sense that I really like how most of us take it, but somebody said yesterday in #AGS that "only christianism is good",and the message of Love by Jesus must spread all over the World"

It reminded to me a lot to the message of the misioners, people whose intention was to spread the Words of Jesus, spreading instead of that diseases and creating necessities that indigenes never had before.
Ok OK, I get the message, but let me say a few simple things to this :

1. - Being a follower of Jesus Christ, has nothing to do with religion.
2. - I never said that christians are better than others, because we are all people, and we all are of the same worth/value. I only imply, that Jesus is the answer, and the 1 truth. But I never mentioned being better than someone else, it's more like, with Jesus in my life I'm complete, and able to overcome situations better than when I did not had Jesus as my friend.

And to not avoid the subject, Gemmalah, I'm glad you feel more confortable, and I hope and pray, that peace will return to your room, and that you won't have to be affraid anymore. I know about being affraid, and also have had times, of nightmares, and  imagining things, and really feeling bad forces around me, and I know that when you are alone at your room, it can be pretty spooky. So I just hope that you may find the right solution to this, and also your other housemates, that they will also feel comfortable again.

Love,
Minimi  :-*

If you say that you know the answer that necesarily implies that you believe that the people who does not share your oppinion don´t have the answer... Why MUST Jesus be the answer? I´ll tell you how many answers exist: 6, 000 milion, the number of inhabitants of the Earth. Everyone has an answer, why are you so pretencious to say that yours is the correct one?

I have a medular disease... . I was told to have problems in my spine in a few years, probably even a serious paralysis. I was diagnosed 10 years ago, and I only have a slight paralysis in two fingers of my left hand, I can´t play the guitar, and I´m lucky for not being a smoker, because it´s damn difficult for me to light on a lighter.

But that are minors problems... In spite of being in a wheelchair I am one of the best cyclist on my Shire. Now I´m happy for started practising cyclism when I was diagnosed 10 years ago.

I could have acted like a "good catholic" and sit and pray, but that isn´t my style. Make no mistake, I´m sure that now you want to reply that if I had sat and prayed now I would be healthier than before... of course not. The fisical activity has saved my life.

Of course, one of the big pushes in my cyclist activity was reading the book "It´s not about bike" by Lance Armstrong, AKA "How to win a Tour after suffering cancer" (Lance had 10 tumors in his body, one in the testicle, 2 in the brain and the rest of the body) After that he has won 5 Tours till the moment. That book is my Bible, I feel very confortable and familiar with the words.

I suppose you feel the same when you read the bible, ok, I know what you feel and I feel happy with you because you have something great, you have your "Answer".

But please, don´t try to change mine, Jesus is not the "answer", it´s not the "1 truth"... it´s your answer, your truth.

Well Gemmalah, I see that this has nothing to se with ghosts, sorry but sometimes the post became into something completely different, excuse me.  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

bLaCk gOdDeSs

follow your instincts......

if you do believe that,
and your not just being paro

then i know what to do,

it sounds weird but...

JUST talk to it.
Blood is thicker than water

shbaz

If you do talk to it and it has an annoying personality, I still recommend lots of masturbation. Don't cover yourself with sheets to make it comforting either. Light candles and grease your whole body up. Make that ghost REALLY want to be somewhere else.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Ghost

I've got a ghost story too.

i was sitting in my room, watching tv. but then i got bored, switched off the telly, went downstairs to make coffee... and suddenly my TV STARTED TO PLAY AGAIN!
i want up, was puzzled, switched it off, went down again...
FIVE MINUTES LATER THE TV SPRANG BACK TO LIFE!
that felt strange. i thought, hey, maybe you got a gremlin in here... but heck, i went back to switch it off again.
and just as i walked out of the room, ta-daa, it turned itself on.
goosebumps. i really was scared.

i sat down in front of the tv and tried to think straight when suddenly there was a noise behind me and something cold touched my arm!

believe it or not, it's true!

okay- the solution was simple. my little dachshund had fallen asleep on my sofa and his paws were moving because it was dreaming and it trampled on the remote control every so often and then woke up ond licked my arm.

logical solutions might explain ghosts away, but i still think there might be some around...

Femme Stab Mode >:D

`,:|
ok, minimi, isn't what you detailed in that post about demons and such a bit... well... it doesn't sound christian? That sounds more pagan to me.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Babar

I don't know whether I believe in ghosts or not, but I have experienced a lot of strange things. In the house I used to live in used to have weird thumping noises coming from outside in the afternoon, but only if you were inside...someone told me then that the house was built on the site where a school used to be.
There was another weird thing that I used to hear deep breathing in my room at night when I was in bed. It sounded like it came from under my bed. I found out later that my dog used to go to sleep under my window causing the noises.
Believe what you want to believe. Someone who strongly believes in ghosts is probably going to think they saw a ghost at some time, and someone who doesn't believe in them will not see them at all. Someone who believes that performing certain actions (religious or not) will get rid of something (that they believe in or not) can do it and be happy, and it will probably work for them too....
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Nine Toes

Uh oh...  I smell another Jihad brewing...

I just hope that Wanderlady doesn't join the conversation...
Watch, I just killed this topic...

LordHart

My cousin is haunted. People in our family have always believed it, and hearing stories about him and shit that happens is creepy... like the time my father walked into his room and saw a little red thing sitting on his chest, choking him to death...

Very creepy stuff happens when he's around... :-\

Tarlash

I've got one question:
If you have ghosts in rooms, why they don't do anything?!!
I I were a ghost I wouldn't play with lamp or tv, but have some fun.

My hands are shaking...
I cannot concetrate...
I need AGS!!!

TheYak

My imagination is active enough that I'd like to believe in ghosts.  As a kid, I was always turning innocent shadows and asbestos ceiling-textures into creepy goblins and demons.  I knew the things didn't exist but it's hard to "Un-see" something you thought you saw so clearly before.  Unfortunately, adulthood set in and I have very little belief in the supernatural or paranormal (two words with strangely similar denotations but very different connotations).  Anyway, there have been far too many shams that have been accepted as verified truth previously.  A couple of my relatives have ghost-stories but I usually respond with, "You're either full of shit, or crazier than Grandma."  If I were a ghost though, I would definately spend awhile haunting Minimi, just for the hell of it.   ;)

LordHart

I'd probably haunt some hot chicks house... probably the bathroom, in the shower. Oh, and also the bed... ;D

shbaz

I'd go for the gold and haunt a cheerleaders locker room.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I would haunt Al, since I am stalking him, why stop after death?  :D
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Oliver

No ghosts in my room, because every time I hear  some noise or a door opening a little bit slowly and weird, THEN I*LL KNOW....those are my cats ;)

*But you'll know when one is in your room when you're books start to fly ;)
You got it!

Coming Soon!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk