Are your Computers stuck in the past?

Started by Scavenger, Wed 03/12/2003 22:10:32

Previous topic - Next topic

jannar85

I still have my first computer from 1995 in the attic :P
...and my fucking 2000 computer... 3 fucking years old!
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

InCreator

Wohoo, a place ta say a word.
Right now, I'm on a Pentium 75MHz, with 32MB RAM and 1 MB S3 Video. 640x480 AGS games *run* but are not *playable*...

But the oldest thing I've ever got was - well, you guys would pay a lot to see a thing like that...

"Elektronika 4201", RUSSIAN machine, It even had 1,8MHz of speed and two 5inch floppy drives. It was built into two large boxes, each  weighted about 30kg.
One box was just a heavy box, other one had floppy drives.
Monitor was especially small, about 6-8" and black and white only. PC-speaker was very bassy, and each boxes had HUGE fans, so "computer" made more noise than a Harley Davidson bike without a muffler...
There was even a mouse! With IRON ball and two buttons, also a cord which was heavier than the one, which is attached to my monitor right now. We used to call it a "rat".
Well, thing was fully IBM-compatible. :D And I remember myself playing Mach3 and Tapper on this... popular games were also Alley Cat and Shamus...

I'm sorry that my dad threw it away after I opened the boxes once and my fingernails started to come apart(!) (there was strong radiation of something inside, probably because the materials used inside, even my granny who was sitting in the other side of the room, said she felt something), as an unique piece of Soviet technology, I could made a lottsa bucks when selling it.

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Nacho

Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk