My new homepage?

Started by Squinky, Thu 04/12/2003 20:26:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

So, I realized I suck at web page html stuff, so I went over to download.com with my new dsl hookup and started downloading web page makers like a bastard...and this is what I finally ended up with as a webpage idea....

http://sylpher.com/squinkyproductions/index.html

I really need some tips or advice before I can move on with the rest of the site...

----edit----------------
Also, I'm wondering how fast it loads for you. I have no way to test it and since I just upgraded to dsl, I can't really tell....

M

Well, I havent really got any advice for you coz I also suck at web sites, but I like the direction you're going in with it - Lots of graphics and a layout with an interesting structure. Personally, sites with loads of wasted whitespace arent as attractive to me so I like it so far.  :)

BTW - It loaded at a decent speed for me on my 128, expect a couple of the pics took a while to load. That said I am downloading loads of stuff right now, though, so that might have affected it.

Darth Mandarb

Squinky - off to a good start!  Especially since:
Quote"I realized I suck at web page html stuff"

The small pictures down the right side of the screen (Pirate Fry 3, AGS Shooter, and DemonSlayer 4) are just resized in HTML and that's why they look 'off' a little.  Not a huge deal just something I noticed :)

How 'bout some screenies for Pirate Fry 2?? ;D

Overall it's pretty darn good if you really don't know what you're doing!

Also, it loaded right up for me (once I figured out the actually address!)

])]v[

Squinky

I changed the url...that was bugging me too...

Cool, glad you guys liked it so far...I resized the pics in editor, but I'm wondering if they would look better/be smaller in file size if I just resized them in photoshop or something?

And I think I will add a littel screenshot for fry 2 on that little current projects area I have....

Thanks, and any more tips or request would rock...

AGA

Just resize them to something that's divisible with the size of the screenshot - 320 / 2 or /3 for instance for the width. Shouldn't look smushed up then...

MrColossal

biggest problem i have with the site is the big ol image in the bottom advertising the webpage maker you used

messes with the mojo
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Squinky

Heh yeah, I didn't like that so much, but thankfully I could just go into the source and delete that crap...so, it's gone now...

Also, I think I have a fully functional finished version up now, and I'll change the link to reflect this. So anybody wanna give me some general site tips or anybody that wants a link let me know...

remixor

Lookin' good.  I like your design.  Perhaps you could include a link to AGS, I guess?  Seems standard for AGS-related sites, although I can't imagine people who would visit such sites not knowing AGS's address.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Mr_Frisby

Pages look good Squinky . .
- doesn't that eye patch ever itch ya?
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Captain Mostly

the writing is all over the place on my screen?!!?!? But very nice apart from that!

AGA

Couple of things are still off. The text in the middle where is says 'games in production' is underlined in blue and it looks a big ugly. Also the page doesn't have a title, it just displays the site's URL. Apart from that though, it's cool.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk