Ignorance & spam promoting idiocy (rant/long).

Started by TheYak, Sun 07/12/2003 03:32:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

Thanks for trying to re-direction the discussion, it really needs so.

Well, your argument is that Palestinians fight for their land and their freedom (thanks for making clear that you don´t like terrorrism because in many times this discussion finish in a "Ok! I hate jews, fuck them!!!11!")

But my point is: The Palestinians deserve it in the sense that they wanted to kill all the Jewish in a first moment. The palestinian who wanted peace, now has peace (30 % of Isrealians who are Muslims is my example)

Israel was flooded during the first part of the 21th century with milions of Jews, argentinian, turks, russian... There was no problem when the brittons were there. Your arguments are based of the believe that when the British left was very unfair by their part to give the land to the Jews, a land that belonged to the Palestinians. But Palestinians left it voluntary, because they didn´t want to share their lands with a devastated culture like the Jews were. Israel was originally conceived as a land were Jews and Arabs could life in peace, but the arabs pissed it all off attacking with 5 armies the day later the state of Israel was created. I wish to discuss that, because if I still reading something like "blasting 30 jewish student in a Bus is just" I´m goint to sick.

Edit: and yeah! I agree with the 2 points: 1)terrorism is bad, terrorist are stupid, never "romantic fighters", 2)Killing civilians is sick (And soldiers too, :))
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

shbaz

When did I say I hate Jews, fuck them?  You're making it look like I hate them because I understand their opposing side, and that's stupid. Even though I still know you're wrong you're being too ignorant, I'm not arguing with you anymore.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

TheYak

Actually Mr. Unpronouncable  ;), I think he was being facetious in response to my statement.  My point was mainly that the Palestinians were not seeking genocide.  I never said that terrorism was the way to go about things or that the Palestinians had a right to be there.  Whether or not I side with them, I never made any statement to that effect.  I merely pointed out that they didn't share the same goals as the Third Reich.  

Farl, I felt like making the statement that "Terrorism is Bad" because I've already seen two instances where somebody actually had to bother stating this.  I am a martyr for the cause of anti-redundancy.  Excellent.

Nacho

Thanks Yaksplit, and Mr.Shbazjenkins, I don´t know if you are ( ::) ::) ::)CENSORED BY THE CHRISTMAS´ FRIENDSHIP FEELING ::) ::) ::)) ... Where in the "in many times this discussion finish in a "Ok! I hate jews, fuck them!!!11!" sentence do you see a reference to you?

I was talking to my friend Yaksplit, a mature member who I´ve exchanged nice messages and discussions with, and not to a n00b whose first posts told nothing interesting to me, Mr. "the funnier resignation letter ever, ha ha!"

And yes, I am an ignorant, and you are a Teacher of modern History in the Smithsonian Uiversity  ;D  ;D  ;D

TheYak

Alright, we're all mature adults here. Those of us who technically aren't at least do a decent job of acting mature.  Let's not degrade ourselves by using personal insults.  It was a misunderstanding.  I realize there's a lot of emotion involved when discussing terrorism, politics, religion and postage stamps but I don't think there's any reason to come to blows.  ;)  

Anyway, many good points have been made.  Unfortunately, I can't contribute all that much due to my ignorance.  I blame the school-system for part of it and my laziness in not researching on my own for the rest.  I have one major question, though: What the hell is boxing day?  ::)

makri

Quote from: YakSpit on Tue 09/12/2003 10:24:45
What the hell is boxing day?  ::)

As someone from northern Europe I had never heard of this tradition before I spent some time in Canada. However, boxing day is the day after Christmas when you go around the town and beat the living daylights out of people who gave you crappy presents.
Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

TheYak

I only remembered to ask about it because I noticed it on my desk calendar.  I don't remember what it's about but your definition sounds like the way to go.

Nacho

Ok, thanks Yaksplit for reminding me the reasons I never discuss this.

Would you accept my appologies Mr. Shbazjinkens?

* Lance Farlandstrong offers hand shaking

Timosity

Quote from: makri on Tue 09/12/2003 10:29:59
Quote from: YakSpit on Tue 09/12/2003 10:24:45
What the hell is boxing day?  ::)

As someone from northern Europe I had never heard of this tradition before I spent some time in Canada. However, boxing day is the day after Christmas when you go around the town and beat the living daylights out of people who gave you crappy presents.

I like that rendition of boxing day, it seems like more fun.

I always thought it was the day you put all your christmas presents back in their box never to play with them again, or you played with the boxes that you got your presents in.

but it is a public holiday (originally st. stephen's day or something) it's of British origin and is celebrated In Brittain, Canada, New Zealand, Australia & probably other commonwealth countries. It is something to do with giving less fortunate people gifts the day after christmas, or something along those lines. I guess people haven't changed much over the centuries, giving away their crap presents to seem like they're doing something nice.

These days It's really just another excuse to drink for another day, but more importantly it is the day I can go and see 'Return of the King' at the movies, although there are already advanced screenings and it was officially released in NZ on Dec. 1.

That has been my boxing day for the last couple of years, It'll be dissappointing that there won't be another one on 26th Dec 2004, There's also the "Boxing Day Test", an annual Cricket test at the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) and there's the "Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race" which is also a Proud tradition (I'm totally not into it) but it is one of the most Dangerous Yacht races on earth, there can be some of the most trecherous sea conditions of anywhere in the world down the South East corner of Aust.  The "Roaring 40's" go right through Bass Straight, many people have been killed in the race, even recently.

That's about all I know on the subject, but Yak, that was the most interesting, and most intelligent thing I've read in this thread. (seriously, even though it was just an off the wall statement/question)

shbaz

Err, I called you ignorant so I think it justified to curse at me. No apologies from you needed.

I'm a noob.. hehe, just because it doesn't say transferred from eZboard doesn't mean I've never been here. http://pub6.ezboard.com/bdosuserforums.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=shbazjinkens

I have strong feelings about anything where I feel someone is not properly imagining both sides of a situation and giving flak to entire races for it. I know a lot of Arabians, Muslims, and other minority groups.. my University is flooded with them. My TA in Chemistry is Lebanese. The man who will direct my studies in alternative energies is a devout Muslim and from India. There's a foreign kid sitting two seats away from me in the library right now who is probably an Arab. I'm shutting up and I don't want to talk about it anymore because you obviously aren't going to change your predjudism. I've talked to a lot of these people, and I know what the world looks like through their eyes, they've told me.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Nacho

Yes, but whereas you are in a plural University where you can see all the point of views, here in my country it is very "fashioned" to support the Palestinians arguments without having a plural, propper discussion of the facts.

That´s why I´m so deffensive when I see someone who says "Palestinians fight for their right", because in my country that usually means that the guy what actually thinks: "I´d like that all these guys blast all the fucked jews!!"

That´s why your repeatedly references about that you don´t share the bombing stuff haven´t been (in a quite inconscience way) ignored by me.  :)

Tha´t´s the problem... If a nice fair comes to you and says, "Hey! Do you want me to create a big/calid/paradisiac island in the middle of Mediterranean were Jews can life in peace?" you´ll probably say: "of course, that would be nice!"

I´d agree too... but the people I´m used to discuss would like to see all the jews in the middle of the Mediterranean... without the Island  :P

Well... so... you´ve been transfered from e-boards... eeer... look! A three headed monkey!

I confess my ignorance about one very subject: What´s your avatar??? a ghost?

TheYak

It's a shoe; currently on a foot, attached to a leg, I might add.  It's nice to see that even after some bitterness we can all make nice and hug, even if your text says you're keeping your swords unsheathed.

c.leksutin

Boxing DAy comes from the tradition of the Nobles "boxing" up all the left-over food from the holliday festivities and giving it to the pesants.

C.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk