I have a script problem

Started by murray, Sun 07/12/2003 13:16:04

Previous topic - Next topic

murray

well, this is the problem:
Error: A text script run in the Player Enters Screen event caused the screen to be updated. If you need to use Wait(), do so in After Faiden
Please help me. :'(

Ishmael

You have have a blocking function (Wait(), Display(), MoveCharacterBlocking...) in the Player enters screen (before fadein) room interaction script. Move it (them) to the Player enters screen (after fadein) interaction.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Peder 🚀

actually i got the same problem, but mine is a bit worse i think.. I removed the wait function from Player enters screen (before fadein) but i still get the message.. what can i do?? start all over (again.. hehe,, one time the GUI f#¤ed up the hole game, and since then it wasent possible to delete the GUI's i dropped the project, but now iam back making it... by the way, check the intro here, www.stickiesadventure.vze.com. The game is an parody of the game Permanent Daylight)

RickJ

murray:  Just do as TK suggests.  The reason you are getting a warning is that the screen will stay black until after the wait() statement is complete, which is probably b\not what you want.

assination:  I am not certain but I think in the latest AGS you can delete unwanted GUIs.   In versions where the delete function isn't present just delete the GUI objects and leave a blank GUI.  It doesn't hurt anything or take up more than a few bytes of memory.  Likely you will end up using it for something anyway.

Peder 🚀

Yeah, its possible on the latest version, but not in the version i used then..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk