How many people have seen the pumaman movie?

Started by evilspacefart, Sun 07/12/2003 16:23:36

Previous topic - Next topic

evilspacefart

I was bored one day, and wondering how CJ got his name, i looked it up and wondered how many people have actually seen the pumamman movie.

I find it hilarious that the director(s) meant it to be taken seriously.

Tony Farms gets thrown out of a building by an aztec guy and survives, earning a super belt that gives him powers of flight, strength, and jumping around like an idiot - along with a brown shirt and a cape that helps him fly by wiggling his arms and legs madly in all directions. LOL!!! I'm gonna crap my pants!
Then theyre off to fight some super villain in shiny clothes who plans to dominate the world through controlling the minds of all the world's leaders. This he does by slapping together papier mache models of their heads and staring at them (the models or the real heads; either seems to work) intently from behind Plexiglas.

They even had pumaman and aztec guy action figures! holy moly!  :o I'm going to pee on myself.

I'm now going to rent this movie. Cj, that made my night.

Fuzzpilz

I imagine a lot of people have seen the MST3K version. Can't say anything about the original, but this one is probably delicious even without the commentary.

remixor

I have seen the MST3K version, which I assume is the one CJ was basing his name on.  One of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Trapezoid

I've also seen the MST3k episode, and it's one of my favorites.
One of my favorite riffs is when Pumaman's inspiring themesong is playing and Crow sings along: "WHEN YOU WANT THE FLAVOR OF BACON IN A DIP."

earlwood

Pumaman is awesome, though I have only seen it while being made fun of by Mike (Maybe Joel, have to double check) and the 'bots.

"Pumaman, with the power to rear-project large cities"

Fuzzpilz

Mike.

And I agree, it's one of my favourite episodes as well. "Pumaman can rip through pure contact paper!"

DragonRose

This is what I have learned about PUMAMAN!:

Pumaman, as the name implies, is blessed with all the wondrous powers of a puma, which include:

1. The power of flight.
2. The power to tear steel and crumble bricks with your bare hands.
3. The power to teleport (I have a great story about this puma that teleported into my grandmother’s bathroom in Wyoming, but for the sake of brevity, I’ll refrain).
4. The power to see in the dark.
5. The power to punch guys really hard (my grandma was punched by said puma, but again, we should probably skip it).

Wow! Skip calling CJ Jesus Chris, being Pumaman is MUCH cooler!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

TheYak

I've seen it but only the MST3k version.  Can't find the thing for rent in any local video store.  :-[  After checking out that episode, I burned it to DVD so I can treasure it for all time (or at least until the alien/aztec mothership returns for me).

Pumaman

Yes, I've only seen the MST version. I don't think I could handle the thing in its raw form ;)

I am also rather ashamed to admit that upon checking, I appear to have deleted my copy of this greatest of all movies! Forgive me Father, for I have sinned!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk