Need animators...

Started by Reven, Tue 09/12/2003 10:11:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Hi, I need some animators since I cant animate characters my self..
I also would love to get some help with the backgrounds..
The things I need is Character and backgrounf grapichs like Monkey island or BASS (Beneath A Steel Sky).. Iam actually making BASS2 fan version.. its only an idea that i will send to revelution games, because i want them to make a new Beneath A Steel Sky game.. so if any one can animate and remake the main character in that game it would be great..
please send me an email (cupgage@hotmail.com) for more information.. I could also need a guy to come up with stories.. PS!! Iam looking for people who wants to join my "company" Assassination Entertainment..

juncmodule

1. Please read forum rules before posting. From your post it is obvious that you do not have 8 rooms created yet. Don't repost though, as I'm sure a moderator will move this to the appropriate forum.

2. The artwork in BASS is AMAZING. If you can't draw it yourself then you may have extreme difficultly finding an available artist that can.

3. You need to prove your ability to create an adventure game before you can ask for that kind of help. Making a sequel to BASS would require a lot of work. Not many people will jump on that wagon without seeing what you can do first.

4. Revolution Games WILL NOT give permission to use Foster in a free game. I was told this by David Sykes himself. I have been given permission from Revolution to use other character animations in my free game, but he specifically said: "You don't mention the normal Foster but just to be clear we would not give permission for the normal Foster to be used." (Of course I was requesting the original artwork, so if someone redrew him, this would be a possibility, although I don't know if they would approve of that.)

5. Throw together a small demo to show your dedication and then update us. I would be very interested to see how your project works out! Good luck.

later,
-junc

Peder 🚀

1. ok, iam sorry..
2. thats true, iam yust looking for someone who can make something like it, offcourse it doesent have to be that good. but it have to look real in a cartoon way, if you see what i mean..
3. First, i dont need people to help me with the great backgrounds from BASS, only a character, since its not gonna be a seriuos game, its only gonna used to try to make Revolution create a new BASS game.. like, on the end they want Foster to come back visit them, so why dont make that game, Foster of the get a way to get back to them, and maybe some evil guy has "captured" them, something like that... And by the way, i yust took pictures of the backgrounds with the "Print Screen" button and then they where ready to be used in the game,, and iam not gonna let anyone else get the game besides Revolution...
4. Then i probably can make my own character with  his name over him and a arrow pointing at him..
5. I cant do that then, if iam not allowed to use their original backgrounds..

juncmodule

Okay, before you read the rest just let me say, I'm not trying to discourage you from making a game. So, please don't take my replies that way. I personally would like to see a BASS sequel, I just don't know if you are going about it the right way.

I would recommend a design document. Check out these two links:

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=10146

http://www.allowe.com/gamedesign.htm

I just don't think RG is going to be all that impressed by seeing their "outdated" graphics in a game. However, if you took the time to write an ENTIRE design document, well...that might blow them away.

Do you really want to invest all that time in making a game that nobody can see!? When you finish the design document you could set up a website and a web petition. (which I would gladly sign)

Also, have you just emailed them and asked? They are REALLY nice folks over there. I mean, they gave me permission to use sprites and replied within a couple days. I was floored when I got a positive reply. I believe it is a near-first (if not a "first"?)in the amateur gaming community. They even read Dave Gilbert's review of my game. They are REALLY open minded.

Also, keep in mind, if they do make a sequel, I imagine there is probably a 99% chance they will do so with the BS3 engine.

Just some advice from somebody that knows nothing ;D

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

later,
-junc

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. What I meant by you making a small demo, I didn't really mean of the BASS sequel. Just a demo game of anything to show your ability and dedication with AGS and adventure game development.

Sam.

can u show us some of your original work. if this is your first game, it is a bad idea to start on something so big. i mean how can you follow BASS? perhaps if u want to be a part of the community, make a ron game or something http://ron.the-underdogs.org just tone down the ambition three notches.  go ahead if  like but it probably wouldn't be the best u could achieve because u have no or little experience
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Peder 🚀

I can, when iam done.. my biggest problem is to make characters and animate them.. Okey, maybe ill make BASS 2: The Returning To Kent with my own backgrounds, but then i will wait untill i got more members and have learned some more.. so ill put it on a hold.. What exactly was it that you got from them?? did they send you the sprites or??

Peder 🚀

Thanks for the unasked help juncmodule.. it helpt me alot.. Iam gonna make BASS 2: The Returning to Ken (Kent??) after iam finnished with my second and parody of the game permanent daylight first..

big brother

...and here I thought Permanent Daylight WAS a parody!
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Peder 🚀

well, i think it is but iam making, ehh, kind of Permanent Daylight on a new place with new characters.. Characters i can animate my self..

Inkoddi

WHAT?!? Permanent Daylight without Dieter Kartoffelbrei?!?

Peder 🚀

well. then ill say it like this, Stickies Adventure is a parody of Permanent Daylight.. It has almost the same story, but now the characters is more stupid and much bader made than the characters in Permanent Daylight.. www.stickiesadventure.vze.com this is only the intro.. i think there some "bugs" there, not really bugs but like, wrong size on the sprites, to small.. its almost immpossible to see Stickies eyes,,,

juncmodule

QuoteWhat exactly was it that you got from them?? did they send you the sprites or??

No, they do not have access to the original files. I just had to rip them from screenshots. It took a lot of time but was fairly easy. They just gave me permission to use them in my game. The only reason I was telling you that is because they specifically pointed out that they wouldn't allow someone to use their characters in even a free game. They also gave me permission under the knowledge that I was using them as templates for characters that were unrelated to BASS or BASS characters. If you intend on only sending this to them then I doubt it would be an issue anyway.

QuoteThanks for the unasked help juncmodule.. it helpt me alot..

:-\

hmmm...I hope you weren't mad by what I was saying. I do think after you finish with Stickies Adventure your chances of getting help will be much greater.

good luck,
-junc

Peder 🚀

offcourse not, since it actually helpt me, I have started with BASS 2 already, yust planning though, but thats one important progress.. It much easier to make a game when you have planned everything.. did you try Stickies Adventure?? Do you actually think someone would join me making games when they see Stickies Adventure?? well, it would be great to work with someone..the best thing would be if I could work with someone who lived near me so we could meet and plann some stuff together..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk