If Mario was Neo

Started by Scummbuddy, Wed 10/12/2003 17:57:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Scummbuddy

http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/mosmb3.wmv

I hear its 11 minutes long( I didn't time it, nor did it feel that long), but it gets good.

------------
This one just for fun. Fox has a slipup on air.
http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/jaylobj.wmv

--------
Tech-TV mistake on air. When Chris Prillo was on the air.
http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/techtv-blooper.wmv

----------------
These links brought to you in part by: ScUbAcHiC
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Darth Mandarb

That rules!!!

I remember being VERY good at Mario Bros. 3 but that's just amazing!!

My friend Sara Peters and I used to call eachother (in middle school) after we got home from school and have (while on the phone) contests to see who could get through Super Mario Brothers (The first one) the fastest.

Edit
I love the Shep Smith J-Lo thing!  I laughed (on the floor) for so long after seeing that.  He's still with Fox News so obviously they thought it was funny too!

])]v[

Dave Gilbert

Holy crow, that makes me dizzy.

I don't know if I should be impressed or worried!

Alynn

Someone with WAAAAAAY too much time on their hands.

It would take months of trial and error and tons of practice to get the patterns down like that. Not to mention memorizing it.

Esseb

His webpage mentions he uses an emulator, I can't remember which one exactly but he says he thinks emulators are great because you can save with them. I interpret this to mean he did not play it all in one sitting and that he probably replayed each level several times to get it just right.

Very impressive still.

Trapezoid

Alynn

Quote from: Trapezoid on Wed 10/12/2003 20:47:58
http://www.studioduma.nl/zooi/gellieman.wmv

This kid could be the new Ghyslain...

That was the most non heterosexual thing I have ever seen, and Ive seen queer eye for the straight guy (only once out of morbid curiosity).

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Trapezoid on Wed 10/12/2003 20:47:58
http://www.studioduma.nl/zooi/gellieman.wmv

This kid could be the new Ghyslain...
That might possibly be the worst thing I've ever seen ...

That's even worse than the 'Like A Virgin' reject from American Idol.

])]v[

BOYD1981

he cheated, he didn't do all the levels the cheating cheat, i might attempt to do mario 1 quick one day...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Scummbuddy

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 10/12/2003 22:31:36

That might possibly be the worst thing I've ever seen ...

That's even worse than the 'Like A Virgin' reject from American Idol.

])]v[

That was the funniest one ever. Before he auditioned, he seemed somewhat normal, but then he started singing, and then he begged for a second chance, and then sung some different song in the exact tone. So bad, but so funny.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

earlwood

Woah, dude, that must have taken that guy hours to memorize every level like that!

Eek that one kid looks like a mix between a fry cook and David Spade

remixor

I've seen that Mario video, it's bloody incredible.  His performance on the tank level alone is worth the download.  What's with the "If Mario was Neo" subject though?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

evenwolf

with save games and a tutorial, I can see that performance as plausible.  Still hours and hours of work, no doubt.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Haddas

QuoteWhat's with the "If Mario was Neo" subject though?

Dude! He probably meant that if Mario would've been Neo in The Matrix, the movie would've been completely awesome!!!

(correct me if I'm wrong)

BOYD1981

if mario had been neo he would have been stopping the bullets in mid-air instead of jumping on them...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Scummbuddy

Good point Boyd, but I was basically saying that the way the player commands Mario (especially in the tank/fortress levels), it makes Mario look like he is 'the one'. In koopa-land, that is.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Gonzo

Wow! I never had that Mario game (we had a NES so it was the original) but that looks like it took a lot of hard work to perfect. I'd like to see a similarly bonkers run-through of Sonic 2 - I got to know a few of those levels inside-out, but with dedication I bet someone could really make it their bitch like that.

The bit at 7:00, and the last minute, wow. It's like he's become some robot programmed to do Mario as efficiently and quickly as possible. It's cool, but in a way frightening that he has that sort of devotion to cracking it.

Anyone up for a time trial on Monkey Island 2? I think I can get it cracked in 1 hour, using the text skip button! Go!

AGA

Leisure Suit Larry 1 (and most of the AGI games for that matter) had a timer built-in. I could finish it in under 5 minutes, but it's not exactly a long or hard game...

MrColossal

"It's like he's become some robot programmed to do Mario as efficiently and quickly as possible."

I enjoy the imagery this sentence brings forth.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Gonzo on Fri 12/12/2003 11:31:41
Anyone up for a time trial on Monkey Island 2? I think I can get it cracked in 1 hour, using the text skip button! Go!

!
* Privateer Puddin' gets all excited

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk