putting my game on cd

Started by Gemmalah, Fri 12/12/2003 11:12:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemmalah

I want to put my game onto a cd, so a friend can play it on a different Computer.

1. What files will i need?
2. if I just copy the game folder from the AGS folder will it work?
3. Does AGS have a setup file that needs to be run on a computer without AGS? if so how do i tell my friend to use it?

I know music and flc animation files go into the compiled folder and i will copy that. when i get voice files on the second version where do they go?
can they be put on the CD seperately with an option weather or not to use then in the game?

like in the options menu a button to turn voices/subtitles on/off? pehaps? maybe a little far fetched.
thanks guys(and gals)
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

Peder 🚀

iam not totally sure, but if you have made own files for the music and voice's they yust have to be installed in the same folder the game is installed in.. if you understand?? you only need the files in the compiled folder... and the music and voice file if you make a own file for them... you can do that in the programm... srry for my bad english, but i hope you understand... The important thing is that your friend have to open the setup file before the exe file, so he can choose screen resolution.. some games if you use wrong resolution some sprites will be fu#¤ed up.. I normaly use the biggest resolution, but he will se if its wrong resolution..

Scorpiorus

ok here we go:

Quote1. What files will i need?
Your friend needs all the files from the game\compiled folder, nothing else. The files in the game\ folder are used during the design time. Just keep them for yourself, so you can always edit the game.

Quote2. if I just copy the game folder from the AGS folder will it work?
See the previous question. Just the game\compiled folder.

Quote3. Does AGS have a setup file that needs to be run on a computer without AGS? if so how do i tell my friend to use it?
By default AGS creates the EXE file (located in the game\compiled folder) and your friend runs that exec. No need to install AGS. There is a winsetup.exe in the compiled folder also which is used to adjust some settings if the game doesn't run properly.

Quotewhen i get voice files on the second version where do they go?
They are put in the same compiled folder.

Quotecan they be put on the CD seperately with an option weather or not to use then in the game?
Yeah, the files music.vox and speech.vox isn't necessary to run the game. However, if he copies them to the folder, where the game exe is, AGS will use them. He also can disable them via winsetup.exe by ticking Use digital music pack if available / Use speech pack if available options.

Quotelike in the options menu a button to turn voices/subtitles on/off? pehaps? maybe a little far fetched.
That one is more game specific. You can make a GUI with the options you want. The SetVoiceMode() function can serve to enable/disable subtitles for example.

~Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk