Urban Joe - Episode 1 available for download!

Started by Chrille, Tue 23/12/2003 00:24:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrille

The first episode of Urban Joe, a platform action game in development by GASPOP software has been released and is available for download at:
http://www.gaspop.com/urbanjoe.htm

Several members of the AGS community has helped in the development. There was also an Urban Joe tournament at this year's mittens. Last time I posted about the game was when the demo was released, but it didn't gain any interest. But I figured I might as well try again. As Sylpher said "few people care about demos.. they want the whole thing". Here's hoping ;).
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Evil

Wow! Never have I seen such input on an amature platformer. The screens look awsome. Downloading now...

Edit: Several bugs off the bat...

If you exit the tutorial while you are still in the digger truck, if you restart it locks you in the truck when you restart.

And if you do this, the first level camera changes and you cant see.

Bluke4x4

I'm downloading now...
I really liked the demo, and I hope this is up to my expectations... Not that you'll do anything if it isn't.

Ghostmaker

Looks like a great game, only 1 problem, im on a 56k modem, and i dont have 2 hours to download it, anything suggestions or can you do anthing  for us who are not so blessed with time and high internet speeds?
So, this is AGS, i have seen more amature

MrColossal

you can try a download manager like getright, download a half hour at a time cause it supports file resuming
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

MillsJROSS

I've gotten through about half of it, and I love this game. It's frustrating, becuase it's not super easy, but half the fun is getting to the end of the level, only to die. So far so good, Chrille! After I finish it all, I'll tell you more.

-MillsJROSS

Vel

Ill download this later(I dont have enough bandwisth left), but what I'd really like to know is how is revenants progressing.

cpage

I have to say that this is one of the best platformers i have seen in a very long time!

I was having a hell of a good time untill I was looking for the pause key and hit f2.

I was wondering did you develop your own engine in MMF for this? because it is awsome and I cant seem to get one that runs this good

Pet Terry

Yay, great! I'm gonna get this as fast as possible (which might take a while because of my connection).
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

MillsJROSS

Okay, I beat all the levels in this Episode. I haven't found all the secret yet, though, so I'm probably going to go back and replay the game. Very enjoyable Chrille, and challenging. It'll definetly be worth the replay trying find all the secrets I missed in the later levels.

-MillsJROSS

Chrille

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, keep it coming ;)
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Flippy_D

Non related feedback:

Best. Avatar. Ever.

I might download it sometime when I have little to do (don't be offended, that's my view towards most things).

cornjob

Cool. The only problem is, it'll take me forever to get to the end since I suck so bad at this game without using the cheat.
Anyway, congratulations on the release! Looking forward to playing it and doing more stuff for UJ in the future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk