Perils Of Poom

Started by M, Wed 31/12/2003 17:28:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

Spoiler
You have to give the ring to the operator of the ferris wheel, he likes bending stuff.
[close]

asafii

Ok need some help

Spoiler
I have broken the window but i cant get down the long shot and i have used all my inventory items
[close]

AGA

asafii:

Spoiler
Right. You'll find a stick on the ground outside the window. Go to the outhouse and keep poking the stick through the hole until you get the toilet paper. Go back to the window and use the stick and toilet paper on the sticking-out rock.
[close]

AGA

-M-, great game. I really, really enjoyed it. While most of the puzzles weren't too difficult, there were a couple of tricky ones that had me stuck for awhile. The plot was great, and I especially loved the long dialogues and cutscenes. There were also a lot of laugh out loud moments. Great work, and I'm definitely looking forward to a sequel

Damien

About that bonus scene...

Spoiler
So, obviously you get the bonus scene by planting seeds you got from the hippies. There's three spot to plant them, one of theese spots is a hole you dug with the shaken alcohol on the desert planet.  Aybody knows where are other two seed plantin' places?
[close]

M, I really enjoyed playing the game, scropting, sounds, lots of animations, humour: everything is done very good.

AGA

Spoiler
You can throw one of them into the slime river (at the bottom floor of the office building where the scientist guy is).
[close]

asafii

Spoiler
third one is on the way to see Jay there is a small bit on the mountain side where the earth is soft
[close]

Absolutely great game M a very good prospect for the AGS awards . I absolutely loved the humor , full review forthcoming in a few days.

regards
Asaf

Damien

Well, I'm of to plant some seed. I have no saves from the beginning of the game, guess i'l have to play it again.

lspace

I can't get this game to run.  Every time I click on the poom.exe file my computer freezes up.   I have a P4, Geforce 5200 video card, Win 98 and SB Live.  Can anyone help me out?

M

Wow, you guys got threw it so quickly! I'm really glad you guys liked it, though (my first game and all).  ;D AGA - cool, I'm glad I got some laugh-out-loud moments in. That's made my day. Asaf - Great, a review! I look forward to it. IM me or something when its out.

Don't forget to check out the sterio section? Y'know, its.. its got dancing.

lspace: Sorry I have no idea why its not working. I made it in AGS 2.56b, not that that helps at all. Have you tried the setup.exe first? Maybe CJ, or someone, has an idea?

Damien

;D
Have you seen the bonus section? LOL!
;D

AGA

Heh yeah, the bonus ending was excellent. lspace - I have almost exactly the same PC as you, except for Windows 2000 instead of Windows 98. My advice? Change OSes :P

Gregjazz

The game is pretty good so far, although I'm stuck at one part.

Help would be most appreciated.

Spoiler
While imprisoned in the cell by the mechanical bounty hunter, I broke the light switch. This was intriguing, but it didn't really help me. I'm not sure how to reach the button(s) on the side of the cells. Any ideas?
[close]

AGA

Spoiler
Now you need to call the bounter hunter over. 'Use' the left side of the screen, where it says exit.
[close]

M

Aw, now to shamelessly vote for myself. :P Wait a minute.. can I do that?

Inkoddi

I'm stuck. (again, doh)

Spoiler
I'm on Poomside, got the ring, the wood, the screwdriver and the magazine (and all the items from the other planets). I need the Spanspro Glass Cutterâ,,¢ (some number) in order to cut the glass to the "haunted" house... and what's that outhouse all about?
[close]

Pet Terry

That was so great! I loved everything in it. Some things really made me laugh and bonus section was awesome too!

Now, waiting for the rest of the music to be added.

Spoiler
I was kinda surprised seeing my name in the bonus "credits" :P
[close]
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

M

Inkoddi:
Take a look at Damien's spoiler at the top of the page (post 20 i think) and AGA's (post 22). That should point a little in the right direction.

petteri:
Spoiler
Yeah, well, you were one of the early supporters that still cared about the game even when it looked dead. Y'know, that was nice... Aww.. I'm getting emotional here.. i.. i've got to go, i've got something in my eye!
[close]

BerserkerTails

Excellent game so far! I love all the animations, they bring alot of personality and professionalism (Is that a word?) to the game. But alas, I'm stuck! Ack!

Spoiler
I've been "chased" into the garbage chute on the refuelling station. How do I get out? I got the gun, wire and metal, and I combined the wire and metal to make a grappling hook, but it doesn't work when I try to use it on the opening. Have I missed something?
[close]
I make music.

Damien

Spoiler
have you combined the grapling hook with the gun?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk