Perils Of Poom

Started by M, Wed 31/12/2003 17:28:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkoddi

There's only one thing I want to complain about and that is the annoying pixel hunting. ARGFH!

M

Quote from: Inkoddi on Fri 02/01/2004 18:51:02
There's only one thing I want to complain about and that is the annoying pixel hunting. ARGFH!
Yeah, its only in a few places but I'll learn from that for my next game. Well, hope you liked it otherwise.

Inkoddi

Yes I liked it, especially the bonus section (ROFL). ;D

BerserkerTails

Curses, I'm stuck again! Nooooooo!

Spoiler
I'm on planet Poomside. I've gotten the screwdriver, but that seems to be all I can do here! I searched but couldn't find anywhere else to go besides the screen with the bags, and the screen with the ship. What do I do?
[close]

Oh and by the way, I loved the Prisoner reference!
I make music.

Inkoddi

That room is a scrolling room. Just walk right and you will find an exit.

BerserkerTails

Oh um... Yeah... I knew that...

..<Smacks forehead>
I make music.

Kairus

I love this game! I loved the demo when I played it and I love this full chapter too, though I haven't finished it yet, but I'm on my way (pixel hunting... huh? That's what I wanted to know! ;) ). The graphics are excellent, but in my opinion, to make it complete, you MUST make the guy who sells the second hand ships shake his hands up and down in his talking view, that would really give a plus to the (ahem... Monkey Island clichè???) scene. :)
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

earlwood

:-\ Geez I feel so retarded because I can even get out of the freaking store room. =P

Spoiler
I was kind of suprised that you didn't use the coin to unscrew the vent or to buy some zombie chow to burn a hole through the door.
[close]

AGA

Spoiler
Er, that's exactly what you do do... Use the coin on the vent. You have to right-click though, not left.
[close]

earlwood

:D Oh, ok thanks AGA.

[btw]Excellent game ,M

Kairus

Spoiler
Well, I'm stuck. I got out from the cell by breaking the light switch and calling the robot, but now I don't know what else to do. Can't I lock him up or something? I have the phone, the tool I got from Phlessi VI, the gas mask and the bank card.
[close]
Thanks
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Damien

Spoiler
There is a switch by the cell door for closing it. Happy pixel hunting!
[close]

earlwood

Just finished your game & I would have to say, one of the best gaming experience this year (Talking about 2003 ;) ). Great game.

[btw] Loved the greasy ring toss part!

LightBear

I'm on the purple planet, talked to every one but can't get into the bank.

What pixel did I miss?

Inkoddi

Spoiler
You can open the door beside the Goths by using your bank card on it
[close]

LightBear

Quote from: Inkoddi on Sat 03/01/2004 19:23:56
Spoiler
You can open the door beside the Goths by using your bank card on it
[close]

THX, was in already but now I don't know how to get the machine going in the next room....... I guess I'm not to good at these games.....

Inkoddi

Spoiler
use the phone with the pixel-huntish button
[close]

BerserkerTails

Finished the game yesterday. Just like to congratulate you M, for making (IMO) one of the best AGS games of 2003. I *REALLY* enjoyed it, and I can't wait for the next installment! Keep up the good work!
I make music.

M

Dammit, I didnt think there was that much pixel-hunting. Awww..Maybe I overlooked some things.

QuoteThe graphics are excellent, but in my opinion, to make it complete, you MUST make the guy who sells the second hand ships shake his hands up and down in his talking view, that would really give a plus to the (ahem... Monkey Island clichè???) scene.
Y'know what? I might just do that for the next release (the one with full music). If I find time that is.

QuoteFinished the game yesterday. Just like to congratulate you M, for making (IMO) one of the best AGS games of 2003. I *REALLY* enjoyed it, and I can't wait for the next installment! Keep up the good work!
Thanks, BerserkerTails. That really means a lot to me. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the support, everyone.

(BTW - Hey, Earlwood - whyd you get rid of your freaky avatar?)

Kairus

Wow, this game was terrific! The bonus part was excellent. :) You really should make the sequel, please, don't let it die... And now that you're there, please fix all those nasty pixel-hunting sequences. I know you're tempted to use them because they make the game last longer, but probably many players will end up insulting all your family members before finding out how to solve the puzzle. To fix it, just highlight the parts of the screen where there's something the player should see, use another colors so the hidden spots can be easily recognized, but avoid making them look illogical. I mean, you don't need to add a giant arrow that says 'look for hotspot here', though maybe that would fit in the atmosphere of some games.
Spoiler
The ones I had trouble with where at the vending machine at the service station, the closing button of the cell (you got the cell puzzle from the game Guilty, didn't you? ;) ) and the groove inside the haunted house. Also there's a bug in that scene: if you use ANY item on the groove, it will make the same effect as if you used the stick. You could fix it if you have time.
[close]
Excelent! Please don't lose interest and make the sequel!
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk