Tómate un descanso (Take a break)

Started by Ciro Durán, Sun 04/01/2004 05:44:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciro Durán

Well... It's finally here, although only in its spanish version. I'm starting to work in the translation. Enjoy it!  :)

EDIT: New update. It has now an english translation.

The game page - Tómate un descanso. Full version.

Comments are welcome.

shbaz

Heh, you left the chat before I could say anything. It looks great! ... But I think I'll hold out for an English version to play it.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

edmundito

I'll be the only one to fully undesrtand it ;)

---

I have a comment... you know that AGS 2.6 allows you to add outlines to TTF fonts... you should do that because I can barely read the text  :o
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Vel

Too bad I don't know Spanish either :(

Mr Jake

Looks great!
get English version asap  ;D

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hey, haven't played much yet, just saw the intro, but I tell you, it looks REAL good.

Say, I was wondering - could I maybe do a Portuguese translation of the game?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ciro Durán

Quote from: netmonkey on Sun 04/01/2004 07:42:02
I have a comment... you know that AGS 2.6 allows you to add outlines to TTF fonts... you should do that because I can barely read the text  :o

Mmm... I didn't know that... I didn't upgrade it because the game has gone through... 3 different minor versions of AGS :)... I'll check the new version, though... Thanks for the tip

EDIT: Isn't CJ Christ Jesus???, the outline works just as I imagined  ;D ;D ;D

Ciro Durán

Quote from: redruM on Sun 04/01/2004 10:23:04
Say, I was wondering - could I maybe do a Portuguese translation of the game?

It's possible to do a portuguese translation. Although, I have to do two things first: fix some things in the game (there are some texts embedded in the script, I'm going to take them to room messages), and finish the english translation (your work is going to be easier  :D). There would be also need to do some graphic work (The title and the main menu).

In short: I'll finish the english translation, and then we can talk about translations.  :)

Thanks everyone for your comments!

BlackBaron

Quote from: netmonkey on Sun 04/01/2004 07:42:02

That's exactly what I was gonna tell you.

Otherwise, it looks great!
"Do you thirst for knowledge no matter the cost?"
            -Watrik, master glassblower

Nostradamus

Looks good but I need the English version

Kairus

Wow! I think it's the first time I play an AGS game in my mother tongue! Excelente juego, Ciro, va a ser buenísimo ver la segunda parte... va a tener algo de trama, supongo. ;) I'd like to know who's the person that's going to go with Al on vacation, because when you check the ticket it says 'two people'.
I found a bug, the second time I tried to fast forward the tape to the end, the guard used the remote control to fix it but then he didn't return to his sitting view, instead he remained standing and oddly changed when I spoke to him. Please check that out.
How long did it take to make this game? It looks awesome, I wish I could draw like that! Everything looks so perfect that I can't criticize it. :P
I didn't undestand the emergency exit alarm puzzle, though, I just solved it 'mechanically', did I miss some hint that explained it?
Make the English version quickly so the rest of the AGS members can enjoy this excelent game as well, but if you are a bit tired... mejor tómate un descanso! ;D
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

edmundito

Quote from: Ciro Durán on Sun 04/01/2004 15:09:29
(there are some texts embedded in the script, I'm going to take them to room messages),

This was actually fixed in some version... so you can translate whatever is in Display, DisplaySpeech, etc... unless you're doing string stuff then that's another story.

Ciro Durán

It was some string stuff... Nothing too complicated, I already did that... I have almost a third part of the translation, hope university doesn't catch me with classes :P...

I've updated the game with the outline thingy... enjoy ;)

edmundito

bug..  when you talk about the yoga thing to milton, the game crashed... maybe it was because all the options were gone or something... I'll check.

jane

can't wait for the english version!

Ciro Durán

:) I'm pleased to announce the english version of Tómate un descanso.  :)

Please follow the link at the beginning of this thread. (Here you are if you're too lazy)  In the configuration, you can set the Default language (Spanish), or the English translation.

NOTE: I still have a bug where the sentence doesn't translate completely to english. I'll fix this eventually, I just wanted to give you the translation of the game (Attending petitions :)). I hope you enjoy it.

Ciro Durán

Quote from: Kairus on Sun 04/01/2004 22:43:44
I found a bug, the second time I tried to fast forward the tape to the end, the guard used the remote control to fix it but then he didn't return to his sitting view, instead he remained standing and oddly changed when I spoke to him. Please check that out.
How long did it take to make this game? It looks awesome, I wish I could draw like that! Everything looks so perfect that I can't criticize it. :P
I didn't undestand the emergency exit alarm puzzle, though, I just solved it 'mechanically', did I miss some hint that explained it?
Make the English version quickly so the rest of the AGS members can enjoy this excelent game as well, but if you are a bit tired... mejor tómate un descanso! ;D

Hello, Kairus, thanks for your comments. I'll check the bug you mentioned, probably something I let slipped in.

The game took almost one year to do if we count since the day I started (somewhere in Jan '03). I got a loooong vacation between Jan and Feb (which NO ONE in the country loved), and after that, college, classes, and other things in my life had stucked the development of the game. Just two weeks in August, another week in Sept, and all this December were dedicated to the game as well. If we only count the working days, I could say the game was done in around 4 months.

Regarding the backgrounds... well, that was pencil work, scanning them, tracing them... You can check MrColossal tutorials about that... Quite good.

The emergency exit alarm could be understood if you talked to the guard. :P

Gilbert

Well...

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster

Timosity

Yeah, I got the same error as Gilbot, I don't know if it's temporary or not but I'll try again later.

Ciro Durán

You can download now the file. Permission issues.  :-[

unregistered

Nice game . I need a little help   ::)

Spoiler
How can i get the guard out of the security room? I have already solved the emergency exit puzzle , confirmed the tickets and got Milton to do my work . In my inventory i've got : wallet , credit card , black tape , pencil , Milton's note , confession , sticks , stick , cloth , bucket +water , glue , black...paint or something? I don't remember exactly . I got it from the closet in the security room .
[close]

Ciro Durán

Regarding that...

Spoiler
You don't need to make the guard get out of the room. You need to leave a replacement in your office, that will make like you still were there.
[close]

jane

Brilliant game - can't wait for second part!

Domino

Ciro Durán,

Very nice!! i downloaded this game last night, but didn't get to play much because it was getting late. But i have to say it was done very professionaly. I can't wait to play more of it.

edit: i finished the game (without any hints). I wanted more but it ended so quickly.  Looking forward to more of it.

Shawn

Monkeybrains

Spoiler
How do I make the replacement?
[close]

Ciro Durán

Spoiler
You have to make yourself a scarecrow... You should find all you need to do it around the place.
[close]

A less subtle hint

Spoiler
It needs a body, head, hands, face and hair.
[close]

Monkeybrains

Spoiler
Still completely stuck. I have the wet mop which I guess is the hair but he won't dye it black and I guess the sticks are arms? Where do I make it, on his chair? Is it possible to open the janitors closet?
[close]

Ciro Durán

Another hint...

Spoiler
He won't dye the mop if he has it on his hands, because he doesn't want to get his hands dirty with that. You have to do all that on his chair. You don't need to open the janitors' closet.
[close]

If you'd like to receive more hints, this thread has the hints of the game. Use this thread to comment about the game. Thank you :)

chad

How do I open the lid on the colorant.

Ionias

Cool game so far. I haven't finished it yet. Cool graphics.

Primus

Hi!

Dear Ciro, I'd prefer not to report a bug of a so excellent and perfect game, but here it goes:

Spoiler

since you've water in the bucket, you may pour it to the recording alarm speaker, and perform this action indefinitely.
[close]
Why did I post just today? Well,Ã, just today was able to finish it :-[, since only today

Spoiler
I found the black colorant, looked at the cloth, and it was separated,
[close]

and only after that I realized what I should do to finish the first part.[/spoiler]

Congratulations for a five star game: I can barely wait for playing Al's "vacaciones"Ã,  and, of course, any other games of yours! :D
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar)

Ciro Durán

Well, thanks for the comments Primus :), I'm glad you liked the game. I'll check the bug you reported...

Primus

Dear Ciro:

You're welcame, was really an honour to play a ULTRA PRO game in all and every aspect(s).
I'm relly envy of all your qualities (designing, programming, etc. etc. etc.) showed by your game and other stuff at your site.

Oh, by the way, I've sent a walkthru of "Tómate un Descanso" to http://agagames.com/agswalkthrus
Hope you don't mind...

PS:
Spoiler

Bueno, solo deseo que usted haga la continuación,Ã, y muchos más juegos tán disfrutables, buenisimos, exquisitos! Que tal mi castellano? ;) Yo he jugado la versión en español, pero solo con la traducción en inglés - gracias también por eso - le he conseguido terminar, mi español no es así tán bueno. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rule... :-[
[close]

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar)

AtakeeR

Awesome game, hardest part for me was this when you have to made yourself replacement (Especially how to begin to make head :)). I'm really really waiting for next part. I will be happy if next game will be longer (and if you also need to escape from somewhere ;)).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk