The greatest Adventure Game of all time...

Started by The Subliminal Messenger, Sun 04/01/2004 14:28:42

Previous topic - Next topic

SinSin

10 Gold Rush
9 Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis
8 Zak Mckraken and the alien mindbenders
7 Curse of Enchantia (amiga )
6 Sam n Max hit the road
5 DOTT
4 Simon the sorceror 2
3 Broken sword
2 Monkey Island 1
...............................................................................drumroll please

...Monkey island 2
Currently working on a project!

Fyntax

MI2 (of course  ;D)
Sam n Max  (and not the halfwitted version from telltales..)
Dragonsphere (this game rocks, if you haven't played it before find it)

Akatosh

Dualnames

My first adventure was Escape from Mi
So i downloaded the other 2 and bought Curse
I loved all of them but one is a personal favourite
is MI2
Ok they were all perfect
It's my favourite game
but when i played 2 i  was stunned
Great music
One hell of an Ending
many laughs
(i like it when he jumps with the crossbar and he hear the Indy theme0
Plus very  strange
ex: when he opens the door and you see Mi 1
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

thewalrus

I got some good news for all of you who would like to try out the recommended game Dragonsphere. It was just added to abandonia. I'm downloading it now. It looks pretty awesome!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

thomasregin

Best adventure game?

That has to be Monkey Island III! Greatest humour ever combined with stunning (at the time) graphics. Just thinking about the banjo contest puts a smile on my face! :)

Runners up are:

MI 2
Larry 1-4
Police Quest 1+2
Space Quest 1-4
Syberia 1

Tom..

ssfsd

Monkey island 2, i'm more to funny games than scary ones.

dartzor

5. Beneath a Steel Sky
4. Monkey Island 1
3. Leisure Suit Larry 1-4
2. Gabriel Knight: Blood of the Damned
1. Quest for Glory 2

IMO Quest for glory is the funniest and ingenious adventure game series ;D

Sakkeus

I say Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, it has some replay value, you really feel the "adventure" when travelling around the globe, it has humor, romance and action, plus interesting fictional facts about Atlantis.
That doesn't mean that all the other adventures suck,some of them are very, very, very great too.

Stupot

I don't really have favourites as such but having recently played 5 Days a Stranger, I was amazed that such a quality game was made on AGS, but had been taken one step further with an amazing plot worthy of an Oscar in my opinion.  Infact if I was a screenwriter or director I would want to make a film based on it.

nulluser

-

Unknown_Terror

My favourites have to be:

Monkey Island 2: LeChucks Revenge
                          &
Talky Simon The Sorceror 1 (With Voices)
"To Live a Perfectly Normal Life, You Must Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal"

ALPHATT

Of course.....

THE GABRIEL KNIGHT TRILOGY!!!!!!!!!!!
/sig

Paul

5. KQ 2 (the Tierra remake, was really impressed by this)
4. Indiana Jones, Fate of Atlantis
3. John Defoe Quadrilogy
2. Gabriel Knight, Blood of the damned
1. Gabriel Knight: Sins of a fathers

Haven't played GK 2 though, if so it will probably conquer it's place in the top 3 as well :)

radiowaves

DOTT, the first adventure game I played.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

DoomStone

I would say "The Curse of Monkey Island" i just love the good quality cartoon and humor in this game :D
I aslo like Space Quest 6, Larry Laffer 6 and 7, Kings Quest IV.
My first adventure game was Kings Quest IV and i LOVED it :D but they don't make that kind of game any more :( now all has to be 3d and all that.
No give me a Adventure game with good DRAWN gfx and humor and i'm hocked :D

Domino

Quote from: DoomStone on Sat 26/05/2007 01:32:02
I would say "The Curse of Monkey Island" i just love the good quality cartoon and humor in this game :D
My first adventure game was Kings Quest IV and i LOVED it :D but they don't make that kind of game any more :( now all has to be 3d and all that.

Yeah Kings Quest 4 was amazing.  I still remember when i was in my teens and we went to pick the game up, and my family decided to go out to dinner before heading home. I kept looking at the box over and over at Denny's in anticipation of getting home and finally play it. I was soooooo excited to get home and play it. Sierra did a great job with that game, and is one of my favorites to this day.

DoomStone

Quote from: Domino on Sat 26/05/2007 02:07:05
Quote from: DoomStone on Sat 26/05/2007 01:32:02

Yeah Kings Quest 4 was amazing.  I still remember when i was in my teens and we went to pick the game up, and my family decided to go out to dinner before heading home. I kept looking at the box over and over at Denny's in anticipation of getting home and finally play it. I was soooooo excited to get home and play it. Sierra did a great job with that game, and is one of my favorites to this day.

Hehe i was just a young lad at the age og 11 when i got the game, and i remember me and my hole family sitting at the computer playing the game together :D

Jez

it'd have to be FFVII tied with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

as far as point-and-click/old sierra games go, i'd say the Legend of Kyrandia by a long shot.
then Larry 3 and KQ1.

Caesi

Indy 3 - First game I ever played. Memories I'll never forget..
Indy 4 - Stunning graphics, let alone story, puzzles etc. (humour) ;)
Monkey Island 1-3 - Great sense of humour, great puzzles..
The lost files of Sherlock Holmes - Great, great game.. Loved it so much (atmosphere etc.)
Broken Sword 1-2 - Brilliant
Sam 'n Max - Best sense of humour
DOTT - Sorry even more best sense of humour :)
Police Quest 3 - Very cool; gave me the creeps cos I was fairly young
Simon the Sorcerer II - Great sense of humour and pretty wicked ;)
Full Throttle - good game...

Of the newer ones: Runaway - nice graphics, good puzzles

:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk