Exile 1.2

Started by jrp, Sat 31/08/2002 04:41:11

Previous topic - Next topic

jrp

Since no more bugs have been reported, here is the final (hopefully) version of Exile.

http://www.otropunto.com/jrp/ags/exile.asp

Don't forget to leave your comments on the ags game page (and to rate the game), and/or here.

edmundito

very impressive, specially on the gui part.

I found this weird bug, if you're in the third location (where the guard is) if you walk to the shadows to the left of the door, it switches character to the woman! It's crazy.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

elizabeth

I get the same thing, but it crashes after it switches characters.  Pretty game though.

Andail

Very nice, very impressive. The GUI is extraordinary

jrp

The weird swithc character bug has been fix.

yay!

Relight

Cool.  Opening cutscene stuff is professional looking.

Has the fix been uploaded?

I'm stuck, but that's OK.

Poser characters are slightly annoying, but better done than some previous times by others.

I hate arrogant self-extracting progs.  I don't want icons, menu items, adds to my registry, or to my control panel add/r prog list.  <sigh>

edmundito

Small games should be on zip.
Big, long games (like Pleurghburg, for example) should be on installers and zip (two options!)

AGS Games don't really require an installer, so that's why zip is probably the best option

That's just a suggestion, though, and that's what I'll do myself anyway.

jrp

Actually, the installer is a nesesity. The movies use an obscure video codec, and i use the installer to also install the codec.

The uninstall icon cleans your menus, and stuff, anyway.

Also, as far as I know, the installer doesn't touch the registry (I hate that too).

volmel

This is a beautiful game.  Unfortunately, I suck at playing it and am stuck.

Cerulean

I toughed it out and figured out what to do. Pretty clever.

By the way, the dead guard still gets up and talks to you if you try to flirt with her. Also, looking at the tree in the top of the building gives you the message you would expect from shooting at the door.

Pod

Quote from: Relight on Sat 31/08/2002 21:01:26Cool.  Opening cuts
I hate arrogant self-extracting progs.  I don't want icons, menu items, adds to my registry, or to my control panel add/r prog list.  <sigh>

i'm with you!
VIVA LA ZIP DISTRIBUTION REVOLUTION :D

also i like the Monkey island style insult fighting :) thought, im sitll figuring out how to get past the guard, seeing as ive tried everything wirth everything in all 4 scenes of the game ;)

edmundito

JRP has a point though.... if you need to install extra codecs and stuff, you should have a installer. It's the nice thing to do.

Maybe you should release a patch for the game on zip.

jrp

Ok, I fixed the Bugs reported by Cerulean. They are very small, and don't afect gameplay, so if you got 1.1, you probablly won't want to download 1.2

m0ds

Very good game, well done. I haven't played much but what I have played its cool.

Although the GUI is excellently coded, I don't like that kind of GUI :p

The opening logo is very good too.

And yes, I agree the install thing is annoying. I don't want all those icons, menu things either.

But on the whole, very good!

7-8/10!

:)
m0ds

MachineElf

Nice game! The only big downside as I see it is the speed. Everything goes ever so slowly in some screens, like when walking on those bridges that are very long. You should also have ditched the fading transitions I think. Other than that: cool graphics, good puzzles, good gameplay (although I would have reduced the number of options on the GUI). I also think that the outro was a little too long. It would have been nice if you had a way of playing through at least some parts of it. A sequel to this would be nice. I'd love to see you make a larger world to explore!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

jrp

you know you can change the speed, right? Pressing ESC brings a menu where you can tweak the preformance.

rodekill

I'm really impressed.
It reminds me of the style of adventure game that started coming out when cd-roms first became popular.
The only thing that irks me is that you can't skip the speech my clicking.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Potch

Can anyone help me get past the guard?  I have a knife and a fruit.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

TLLOTS

Here's a hint for you :)
Spoiler
Take a look at your surroundings, especially around the guard
[close]
and if you want the full solution
Spoiler
Use the fruit on the box like thing on the ground near where the guard lurks, then after that hide in the shadows by the door
[close]

Potch

Thanks!Ã,  I almost had that, but I didn't know about the shadows.

But, now I'm stuck again (I didn't ge tvery far.)Ã,  I'm at the second guard.Ã,  I can get her to move back and forth, but she keeps saying I need papers.Ã,  Can you help?

Thank you!

AH.... resourcefulness.... never mind.  I figured it out. :-)
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk