Custom Inventory GUI

Started by Darth Mandarb, Tue 13/01/2004 04:26:23

Previous topic - Next topic

buzinaocara

I'm having a hard time on my custom inventory GUI...

I just can't use the inventory items of the GUI on other thing... Actually I can't select the items, which I can see there with no problem... When I click on the icons nothing happens, the cursor mode doesn't change.

My game was started from zero (I didn't use the standard AGS template) so the cursor modes are all different !!

petaglair

hi
i've made a custom inventory screen. But i don't know how to have the inv items selectable in order to use them in the game.
The previous posts were hard to understand for me.
Please help
thanx

Pétaglair
Avec Nutricrotte° je voie là  differanse j'est même developper du mucsle

Scorpiorus

First of all make sure the Handle inventory clicks in script option is not ticked.

Next, to be able to select an inventory item change the cursor mode to Interact, for example:

on showing your custom inventory GUI:
Code: ags

mouse.Mode = eModeInteract; // first set cursor mode to Interact
gMyInventory.Visible = true; // then show the GUI

where gMyInventory is the Script O-Name of your inventory GUI.

petaglair

ok

that did the trick
thanx a lot scorpiorus

Pétaglair
Avec Nutricrotte° je voie là  differanse j'est même developper du mucsle

Fuchs

Quote from: Dorcan on Tue 13/01/2004 09:02:45
Timosity's explanations are good, but in this case the "use" button is for selecting the object, so if someday you'll need the "interact button" in your inventory, you can find my tutorial here

http://www.digitalmindstudio.ch/script.php?id=4&langue=en

Hey Dorcan ,the link to your page seems to be not working. Is there a way for me to still see the turorial?!
I am really keen on finding out how to creat a custom inventory, thats one of the most important things for me right now!
Thank you in advance!

Khris

The post you quoted is OVER EIGHT YEARS OLD.

Current versions of AGS allow the Inventory to be edited, so there's no need to create a replacement from scratch.
There are tons of threads about this already, please use the search.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk