February MAGS Competition

Started by mr_Zipox, Sun 01/02/2004 12:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Just make it and put a link here, a link inthe anouncement forums wouldn't hurt either...

Gord10

And another question: Can you tell me when the games have to be finished?
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Klaus

Quote from: Gord10-Ahmet on Thu 19/02/2004 15:09:52
And another question: Can you tell me when the games have to be finished?

It is written on page one of this thread:

Quote from: Magintz on Mon 02/02/2004 09:51:39
As for February being such a short month I will need all games in by 23rd

ElaineMc

My submission can be downloaded here: http://overactivei.net/ags/am01.htm

General plotline: In a quiet English countryside in 1813, a young woman finds her village has been deserted... and finds
herself having to deal with homicidal robotic zombies.

It's my very first complete game, and I really, really hope there aren't any outstanding bugs.
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

Squinky

I whipped up *short* Demonslayer game, but since I think I've got a day or two, I'd like to ask somebody to betatest...it's amazingly short...but what the hell. Anybody wanting to beta test, please get ahold of me in some modern fashion...

Gord10

And here's Escape From The Zombie City
http://www.geocities.com/pencereoyun/zombie-v1.zip
I could barely finished it, so it isn't long and there aren't 2 endings :( But I hope you enjoy it.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Kweepa

ElaineMc:
Wow! That was superb! I loved the characterisation that the asides and the dialog portraits give to the story.
Everything worked beautifully too.
Excellent game.

Gord:
The archive seems to be corrupt? Anyway I tried to get it a couple of times and it only downloaded .99Mb, rather than the 5Mb reported in the zip.

Steve

PS - EMc: Massive nit-pick: the main menu buttons should trigger on all the cursor modes really.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

AGA

Same here, Steve. Looks like the archive is corrupt, Gord.

Ytterbium

Is anyone making a game where you play as the zombie?

Currently in production: Septigon

Squinky

I'll enter DemonSlayer 5. Further info availabel in the announcement forum....

http://sylpher.com/squinkyproductions/Dem5.zip

Klaus

Nice to see already three relevant entries.

Quote from: Gord10-Ahmet on Sun 22/02/2004 10:22:19
And here's Escape From The Zombie City
We see there's a problem with the zip archive of Gord10-Ahmet. Please try to put a working version of your game only. Else we can not check it out...

Quote from: releasethefrogs on Mon 23/02/2004 00:33:52
NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIE FISH is my first AGS game and I am very proud of it, even if you arent.
It is about a fish who gets lost in the sea, and has to find a way out of a place where almost all the fish are zombies!
Just a note to new and old and special MAGS participants: Please always post a link to your entry in the MAGS thread, too. Some miss to do this. Thanks.

Now when will the voting start? Let's say in 9 hours from now (see timestamp of this post)!

If Gord can't publish his game until then we'll wait for him some more time (just to give him the change to upload) and then the voiting will start in 23 hours from now. Okay?

Gord10

GURK  :o  :'(  . OK, I'll download another version. I hope the new version works.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Dorcan

I thought that the last moment to submit our game was 23 February 23:59... depending on the time zone of course. I would like to try finishing ma little game  ::)

Klaus

Quote from: Dorcan on Mon 23/02/2004 14:02:47
I thought that the last moment to submit our game was 23 February 23:59...

Hm... Not really, but if you need just some more time that's of course no problem. Actually the "time to go" message is always intended to be a request if anyone needs some extra time.
So we better use the second way that I suggested. This means the doors for submissions will close in about 17 hours from now (see timestamp of this message). Enough time for everyone all over the world :)

Squinky

Moox

hopefully mine will be uploaded and done by midnight, dial up sucks

Dorcan

Here's my unfinished...err... demo game !
Dorcan's zombie game demo

Be warned, there aren't any puzzles. I simply hadn't enough time and motivation, and I'm also very tired now ::)
So I hope you will enjoy the intro, as I had fun making it :P (I found the musics on internet)

Btw, here's a little animation I made for the game, but I didn't include it for the moment, so I'll just show it. That's my main character, a clown who has lost his smile :

I hope I will find the motivation to finish this game someday :)

Edit : I've updated the demo, the axe was missing :P

Klaus

Well, I'd say enough time passed by now for everyone to present their entries. I'm very sorry that Dorcan's game yet only reached an "intro status" and so it can not take part in the voting. Anyway it's highly recommended to check out his piece of work.

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Night of the Zombie fish by releasethefrogs
Last Clown Standing by Creed Malay
Escape From The Zombie City by Gord10-Ahmet
DemonSlayer 5 by Squinky
Armageddon Margaret by ElaineMc

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Creed Malay

Dammit! why don't I check these forums more regular? I just found out what this months theme was this morning, and have spent the last few hours putting together a little something... and now I'm too late.
Damn youse! Damn youse all to hell!

Well, never mind. Here it be anyway.

http://www.davelgil.com/ags/ZOM.zip

Davy
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk