Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Dear MT.

I hid LimpingFish's drugs.

Adeel

Hi Moving Thread. It's been a while since I were active here. I were busy preparing for my exams.

But unfortunately, I got quite ill just two days before my FINAL exams and (still recovering) (wtf).

As a result, my performance in exams got fucked up, especially I seriously fucked up my Maths' paper (forgot all methods and/or formulae which I'd practiced before my illness) and now I'm hoping for a miracle that may I get passed in it.

Why bad things happen to good people only, dear Moving Thread? What was my crime for which I got severely punished for? :~(

Atelier

Hello Moving threwad, I have heard mich pf your legacy and yet my form pales in comparison to the shadow you cast upon the lives of us meare mortals. I know that it is in your capacity to be humble enough to hear the incomparable unenlighetned words of one of your subservient servile subjects. What is your form? Are you a mere thread upon a forum or are you the manifestation of a higher being twhich we seek to satisfy our most internal and infernal conflicts which plguaeg the huamdn minds? The giving of life which each of us alive did not ask for

Retro Wolf

Have you been drinking again Atelier?

miguel

The Weight of Mediocrity

No, this is not about Gulag's (heavy metal old-school band) song who I've only heard of some minutes ago. This is about me and my mediocre condition.
And let me tell you that I consider forum depression post really annoying and lame.
It's not even about a sudden lack of faith on my capabilities, I wish it was because it would be so immensely easier to overcome. And it's certainly not the crying out for help post on a forum with people that I really don't know.
It's just that I've reached the conclusion that I really suck.
There's nothing I really excel at and that hit me in the face in a brutal way recently.
I'm destined to be mediocre and tell testicle jokes for the rest of my life.
Religion's failing to comfort me because of the religious people that gravitate around it and I'm reading Wuthering Heights again like an old man in the winter.
My hobbies (yes, game-making included) don't interest me anymore, I do it but I feel no passion. I'm dried out and tired.
I fail in being happy right now and that's taking me down.

I have to get back to nature, drop the computer for a while (how boring are social networks anyway?) and start over. Yes I do.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Baron

Quote from: miguel on Thu 10/07/2014 12:35:03
I'm destined to be mediocre and tell testicle jokes for the rest of my life.

TESTICLE JOKES 4 EVAR!!!1!!!! := := :=

I've got REAL problems, Mr. Moving Thread.  My two year old wants me to mount a mirror over his change table so that he can get a better look at his own butt, and I'm starting to think it's a good idea just to get him off my back.  Sure, it might warp him, and I'm sure the neighbours would disapprove, but I think deep down his motivation is just healthy curiosity or a budding compulsion to control everything.  Either way, there are worse traits to foster in a child, right?  Right?

miguel

Putting it in perspective, your problems are much more real than mine, so forget everything I said!

Ponch

Quote from: miguel on Fri 11/07/2014 01:24:31
Putting it in perspective, your problems are much more real than mine, so forget everything I said!
I spent the first few months of spring recovering from a bad motorcycle wreck. Those were my problems. :P

It sounds like your just a little blue, man. If your hobbies aren't working to distract you, then take up a new one. Or just get out of your everyday life for a while. Take a few days and get out of town for the weekend. That usually works for me. A day or two someplace else, in a new city, checked into a cheap motel under a fake name, moving a little heroin for the Mexican cartels and on the run from the law often is just the pick-me-up I need. Give it a try, dude. :smiley:

miguel

You've always loved your drugs, Ponch, but yeah, that's some great advice there, I guess it makes sense.
I could try to smuggle some hashish from Marrocos, you know, tell the wife I'm going out with some old friend and then not showing up for a few nights, fake some contagious disease at work and tell them I'm being treated by Doctor Yang. And if I come back with one hell of a tan and with one less testicle, well I'd still have 2 to go on.
Thanks Ponch.

monkey424

Ha! All I'm hearing are whiny little bitches. You guys need to suck it up. Your so called problems are nothing compared to my predicament. My wonderfully annoying Chinese in-laws have been living with me and my young family now for nearly 3 months in our tiny house in suburban Melbourne. They are leaving next week, thank fuck! They stayed with us last year too, which was a fucking nightmare culminating with the arrival of our newborn and the tense awkward months that followed. This year has been better, but it still sucks, and I wish they wouldn't stay for that long. The AGS forum and its wonderful community is one of the things keeping me sane. And testicle jokes are a big part of that.

On a more serious note, depression is not good and there are no easy answers, but you have our support. Sometimes just talking helps. I'm sure you'll bounce back, mate!

Atelier

I'm so proud, my inebriate words are prophecy:

Are you a mere thread upon a forum or are you the manifestation of a higher being twhich we seek to satisfy our most internal and infernal conflicts which plguaeg the huamdn minds?

As maudlin as it sounds, these forums have helped me through some tough times too in the past. You'll be ok miguel, perhaps become a travelling onion salesman for a stretch, that worked for me.

miguel

QuoteThe AGS forum and its wonderful community is one of the things keeping me sane. And testicle jokes are a big part of that.
That makes me feel much better Monkey...Thanks!

QuoteYou'll be ok miguel, perhaps become a travelling onion salesman for a stretch, that worked for me.
Cheers man, onions are much more than just vegetables, they are deep because they have...layers. And you've used the word maudlin witch I find simply beautiful and allusive.

Seriously, thanks for listening to me winning and bitching about my miserable life, you've been great! Talking about it made me feel much better although a bit sissy... This dark period will make a better man of me, I'm sure.
I already feel it deep inside me, from the crotch! There's a new me arising!
I'll be back!

Ghost

Quote from: miguel on Sat 12/07/2014 14:13:33
I already feel it deep inside me, from the crotch! There's a new me arising!

It's pretty meta when you manage to arise from your own crotch. Mind blown, Half-Life 3 confirmed, and mood lightened! (laugh)

Adeel

Yeah, you were quite lucky that your depression derived post was heard, miguel. :smiley:

HanaIndiana

Something about autumn puts me in the mood to work on games. Thank god for that because I've been stuck in a rut. And ruts are no fun to be stuck in.

miguel

I've had summer temperatures since May here and I too long for autumn to arrive. And yes, that making-games feeling is growing every day.

Mandle

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Tue 09/09/2014 20:52:26
Something about autumn puts me in the mood to work on games.

I totally agree! I think it's because the weather is still nice and sunny but the wind has that slight chill creeping in. A nice juxtaposition which awakens the artistic spirit, the very essence of which is the linking of seemingly unconnected or completely opposite concepts...

Or maybe it's just because all the hot summer fun is over...

Not sure...

Ryan Timothy B

Intense Degree

Dear MT

So yesterday morning, shortly before 6 AM, my eldest daughter started wailing saying she couldn't get out of her room to get to the toilet.

I dragged myself out of bed and sure enough the door handle wasn't working. I found a screwdriver and took the handle off from the outside, but the inside was completely knackered and I couldn't get the mechanism to turn and open the door.

I was tired, the girls were wailing, so I just kicked it in (luckily minimal damage to the doorframe) and the crisis was averted.

HOWEVER. I can't help feeling that, as an adventure gamer, there must have been some ingenious and elegant solution involving inventory items, distracting a guard or maybe a sliding tile puzzle or something that I overlooked in rescuing my children from the horrors of their bedroom. In other words, there is no way I got maximum points from my solution to that puzzle.

So MT, what was the optimum solution?

(To be honest, I'm not sure that Mrs Degree would be too understanding if I reloaded from an earlier save where they were still trapped in the room, but it would be good to know for future reference).

ThreeOhFour

The Secret of Monkey Island is really good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk