Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Akumayo

Today I realize that mathamatics never ceases to disapoint me.  People don't look at it correctly.  They think of things only as two values having to be of the same nature.  You can't add two apples and three oranges, for example.  Your teacher tells you you can't.  It's why you can't add 3x and 4.  I'll figure out a workaround eventually though, you'll all see....
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Candle

Today could be your last day alive so use it wisely.

Gilbert

I'd never read this thread, so I never know what it's about. But definitely this should not be in the Tech. forum, probably some mistakes while moving. I'll move this to Gen gen.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Today I read Gilbot's post and went

AAAAWWWWWWW!

Being where it's not supposed to is the whole point! ;D
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Gilbert

Today, in Gen. Gen. forum, I finally read 3 or 4 posts from this thread, knowing a bit (I think) about what this really is about. That proves that I stand right in ignoring this thread for 2 years,

I'll say apart from "today", a post sall also state which forum it's in when a post was made (like above), that will make the record clearer, and I think at least the content should be a bit related to the forum it's in.

Still, when this apprar in the tech. forum next time, I think I'll really lock it instead. :P

vict0r

Today, I 'm hungry! I think I'll go get something to eat.

QuoteStill, when this apprar in the tech. forum next time, I think I'll really lock it instead.

Why?

And to andail: Whats wrong with having a chat in a forum? :/

Tuomas

Today, dear diary. I didn't eat breakfast, was too busy.

Then at school I was at a lecture and something awesome happened. I was reading the newspaper and spotted that JETHRO TULL is coming to Finland. I literally jumped up from joy and then sat down shaking from excitement. The next thing I went and booked tickets in advance. Hehe, I've been waiting for them to come over 5 years, alwys checking the tour schedule! Then I wrote this after doing maths at uni :P

KristjanMan

Today our whole school (thats about 1000) went to the cinema to watch a movie about our school. The film was created because our school is turning 125 years old this week. Our school was the first building that was built to be a school in Tallinn (capital of Estonia). It has quite intresting history, but I'm too lazy to write.
- They are all from AGS coloringball

SinSin

Today i awoke from my bed to find my daughter was crying
I promptly got up shoved on some jeans collected my offspring and went downstairs

After being bored for three hours i decided to try making a video on windows movie maker Ã,  only to be interupted by Faith (the name of my daughter)

I have now found that she has made her descision and is going to become a metal singer

Rockin faith
Currently working on a project!

Erenan

Today my girlfriend told me that she wanted some cake, and I asked if she would share it with me. She said, "I'm going to go find some ninjas and share it with them."

8)
The Bunker

Domino

Today is day three of having one of my molars crack. I had three fillings put in a little over a year ago, and on Sunday i was having a cube of cheese when i starting chewing on something crunchy.

I was freaking out because i didn't know what it was. Then i realized by putting my tongue on my farthest back molar (one that was filled) and noticed some of it was missing. Now i'm sitting here with a giant hole in my tooth and i can't stop putting my damn tongue on it.

I have an appointment for the dentist next week, but i don't like going to the dentist. But i have no choice. I'm just wondering if the resin filling fell out.

Now i am afraid of cheese.  :)

Take care all,

Shawn

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Today was the first day of school. I'm beat, but I feel more alive than I've felt during my holidays. Go fig.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

voh

I should be working on Diagnosis Murder but I'm not :'(
Still here.

ManicMatt

Quote from: voh on Wed 27/09/2006 01:33:38
I should be working on Diagnosis Murder but I'm not :'(

You bastard!

Nah just kidding! Is it a motivation problem? I had that with Secrets. The game nearly never got finished at all! But it was just going to be a waste and a shame to be left dormant on my hard drive!

Domino

At least you guys don't have a friggin hole in your tooth.  ;D

Let's trade places.  :)

I have to eat on one side of my mouth. I look like a damn cow chewing on hay.

ManicMatt

A month ago a tooth nerve died, one of the side muching teeth, and then some of the tooth disentegrated, so I only got half of it left, thanks for asking!  :'(

PS - Constant. Back. Ache.  :'(

Erenan

Today my girlfriend was listening to a relaxation CD intended for children. She intends to become a school counselor someday, and she bought this CD on the Internet without having heard it. Although cheesy, it sounded like it probably would relax some second graders. It did relax me a bit, until the feminine voice on the CD split an infinitive, and I got up to eat cheese and crackers. The End.
The Bunker

Nine Toes

Today I lifted heavy stacks of plywood and white maple (5" x 92.5" x 0.5", five at a time).  My back and wrists are killing me.  I discovered a splinter in my ass.  I haven't the foggiest on how it got there.

I really liked my new job at first, but now it's starting to piss me off.  It's like everything I do is never right.  I've never been yelled at, or pulled aside and lectured, but I get a lot of dirty looks, and those "*sigh* ...jesus christ..." looks.

I put in for a transfer to a different department.  Now I play the waiting game.

This one kid, Jacob, was talking trash.  So, I wrote, "I like boys" on a piece of masking tape and stuck it to his back.

Now that I'm done working a 10 hour day, I have to go to bed.

EDIT: After I came home and saw my son snoozing in his bassinet, I felt a lot less crappy.  I actually smiled.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

SSH

Quote from: Erenan on Wed 27/09/2006 07:24:26
Although cheesy, it sounded like it probably would relax some second graders. It did relax me a bit, until the feminine voice on the CD split an infinitive, and I got up to eat cheese and crackers.

When I was going to ante-natal classes with my wife before our first child, the teacher gave us some relaxation techniques. My wife and I giggled at the new-age mumbo jumbo she spouted until she said "and just imagine the baby inside mummy sucking at the amniotic fluid". Ewwwwwwwww!

Quote from: Mr. Hyde on Wed 27/09/2006 07:56:31
EDIT: After I came home and saw my son snoozing in his bassinet, I felt a lot less crappy.  I actually smiled.

Just wait until he reaches the age when upon your arrival home, he jumps up and down and shouts "Daddy, daddy, daddy"...  :D

Timosity

Today I contemplated creating my own thread to display some photo's, It happens quite often, people posting pictures of holidays etc, which aren't necessarily appropriate in the post your picture here thread cause they are not of you.

I thought about starting a thread called the "Photography Thread" which strangely doesn't exist. After a few searches there is a bit of stuff about photography, about cameras, about a photography comp and pleanty of people getting crits on their photography in the critics lounge but no thread for general photography.

Just thought I'd bring it up here incase people think it's a good idea, Just a thread with general photos like the post your picture here, where you can post scenery, holidays, adventures etc. but I guess not as many people will actually read this so this text and post may just go to waste.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk