Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

EagerMind

Today it's snowing, even though it's bright and sunny out. It's much too early in the year for this kind of weather. :(

And my new apartment is still a wasteland of boxes. But instead I'm doing this. Should I worry? :-\

Domino

Hello again Moving Thread. Today in Western New York we got hit with our earliest Lake Effect snow in history. Usually we don't get any snow until early to mid November, but i guess this is going to be a special year for snow.

I grabbed the digital camera we have here at work and snapped a picture of my car with snow on it.  I like snow so i was happy to see it coming down.

Also decided to take a picture of one of the engraving machines that we use here. Can you believe that for 2 of our engraving machines we still use the trusty yet impossible to find anymore TRS-80 Model 4's.

Not really much going on in my part of the world. I get out of here in about 10 minutes and one of the engraving jobs i have been trying to run keeps screwing up on me, so i just turned it off. We have a total of 7 engraving machines. I at least get to use a modern engraver with a windows xp based PC.

Have a good one,
Shawn

m0ds

15/10/06: Today I released a demo which is something I do rarely. A year ago to the day I started going out with Meg! I was also pleased to buy BASS and original GTA cd-roms for cheap! Yesterday was Friday the 13th and boy was I freaked out! No, I wasn't. It was a pretty good friday...the anythingth. Max was back from uni. The Tree was fun, pool skills improving!1 Over and out.

evenwolf

I'm pretty frustrated.   For five years I've lived in Austin Texas but now it appears I may have to move back home to Tennessee.   I keep toying with the idea, almost dangerously, i keep considering telling my dad who would instantly pay for any such move back home.

Friday my college television show released its second show of its third season.  We've had mild success and I'm convinced that if we keep on and publicize ourselves we could get sponsored or paid to do what we do.   But my living expenses are coming up short, I have to make a decision soon.

been editing, acting, shooting, putting things up on youtube.   Saturday we filmed a scene with three girls swooning over the brawny man.  One girl was pretty hot, but add to that - she was a natural actress!   Without sounding sexist, I was blown away after we had met so many girls who couldn't hold a scene together.  I just hope she stays.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Erenan

Today I told my girlfriend that she was beautiful. She said, "More like... you're beautiful." Then I said, "More like... you're very beautiful. And she said, "More like... you're ninja beautiful." Well damn. I can't compete with a compliment like that.
The Bunker

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Ninjas aren't beautiful.  They're dead sexy!

Disco

Yesterday I discovered that one of my local grocery stores is selling 12-packs of Miller High Life bottles for $5.97! I was so happy I bought a pack and plan to go back for more. Of course there are better beers out there, but a deal is a deal. Am I right?  :D

Today I had to get up bright and early for my 8 a.m. 2D Design class. Once there I was greeted by a cancellation notice stuck to the studio door. I wasn't about to wait 5 hours for my next class, so I decided to skip, head home and toss a couple back. Yeah it was morning but I didn't have any obligations. Don't judge me!1  >:( You don't know me.

Also, it's new comic day \o/ Gotta hit that up before too long.

Nacho

Quote from: Disco on Wed 18/10/2006 18:47:24
Don't judge me!1Ã,  >:( You don't know me.

I do... Lazy ass!
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Domino

Today my dad sent me a picture of his dog Toby Keith laying the smack down on another dog.  Go TOBY!!! He is the cutest 5 month old puppy i have ever seen.

Shawn

Sylvr

Today, just now, I have infiltrated the school system by bringing along AGS and copying it to my drive on the school system! Hooray! Maybe I'll pique some interest here, and more will enjoy the wonders of AGS! Muahahaha! ... I mean... yay.
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

LimpingFish

Today, I have a headache.

Better news = My copy of Phoenix Wright 2 (Japanese+English edition) is on its way!!!!
Take THAT, stupid delayed US version. February 2007 = ARSE! :-*
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SpacePirateCaine

I will take this opportunity to announce my triumphant return to the AGS community (if anybody noticed I left) on this mobile thread.

I have returned! Fear me.

I'm still a lazy bastard, and now that I work full-time as a language instructor, I have little-to-no time to actually work on anything, but Rui convinced me to come back and just interact from time-to-time. And so I shall.

Arr.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Domino

Quote from: LimpingFish on Tue 24/10/2006 18:54:27
Today, I have a headache.

Same here, plus i was very dizzy. It is always fun when my anxiety kicks into high gear, because it feels like i'm on a Tilt-A-Whirl. Lot's of fun.  :'( I probably have a brain tumor or something bad.

Also, welcome back SpacePirateCaine

edit: my character in oblivion....

TV shots always come out blurry no matter what i do.  :)

Kweepa

Yesterday my girlfriend brought home a new dog:

We called him Barklett because we just finished watching West Wing Season Seven.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Domino

Hello again Moving Thread. Thanksgiving was a major bore today. I was invited to my Mom's for dinner but just stayed home and ate cheese cubes. I watched some TV, read the forums and even took a nice little nap.

I never used to take naps a few years ago, but since i hit my 30's i seem to nap whenever i get the chance. I feel more like 66 than 33.

Next thing you know, i will be yelling at kids to stay off my damn lawn.

Hope the people who celebrate Thanksgiving had a great day, because mine sucked.  :)

edit: Once again i was playing DOOM deathmatch on XBOX Live and got my ass handed to me big time. If you have XBOX live for the 360, just look for me, TMAW.

Erenan

Early this morning I dreamt that Cindy Crawford announced that she was getting a sex change.

???
The Bunker

monkey0506

Today I'm working on the QueuedSpeech module. I've had a brilliant idea...I'm taking a completely different approach. I'm moving most things out of static functions into regular struct member functions. There will be a queue for each character and they will have unlimited amounts of items per queue. Clearly only 20 queues can be run at once (as there are only 20 screen overlays available at any given time), but it's a simple matter to address.

The only problem seems to be using the module to queue up conversations between characters instead of just queuing them up for one character. I'm currently looking into how best to address this issue.

Also today I got the comment facility on my pictures page up. I should probably add some form of human-verification to block out spambots. But for now I'm working on AGS. And listening to Weird Al. White And Nerdy. Hmmm....how appropriate.

LimpingFish

Today I am afraid. Of things in general. :-\

I also found out that Japanese web hosts have weird names. Egg? Lolipop?  :-\
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Timosity

Don't know if anyone is aware of the APEC summit that is happening at the moment in Sydney (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation).

What's really bad is they have changed laws specifically to suit foreign leaders (eg. Bush, HU Jintao) only in a specific area which is basically the CBD which is fenced off with very restricted access. With Shoot to kill intentions for people suspected of any wrong doings, which is not the way it operates here and wont after.

There are snipers on most buildings in the city protecting Bush, It's just such overkill.

What's funny though is a group of guys from a local TV show, created their own motorcade pretending to be important, One of them dressed as Osama, made it to G.W. Bush's hotel, I think the Osama costume was the thing that eventually gave them away when they got out of the car. They were arrested and can possibly go to Gaol (jail for the yanks) for maximum of 6 months for breaching the restricted area.

It's possible that they could have been shot, which goes against normal laws, only cause Bush is in town, they change the laws for a few days, that's pretty fucked up.

Anyway, I'm just glad I don't work in the city

Domino

Hello again Moving Thread.

On Wednesday i went into work with minor pain that got worse and worse and was almost unbearable.

I was sent to the ER where later on i had passed a Kidney Stone.

Worst F****** pain i have ever felt. I spent about 4 hours in the Hospital until the stone had finally passed and the pain was instantly gone.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy. That was a horrible day, and thankfully the pain has not come back.  But the pain that i was experiencing was like somebody kicking me in the groin repeatedly and not stopping.

Now I have to see a Urologist.  I am still passing tiny fragments of that damn stone, and i have to thank my excessive soda drinking for causing this.

Worst day of my life.  Severe sweating, nausea and immense pain doesn't make a fun day.

Shawn  :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk