Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim

Hello MT. I've never seen you before. but you seem all right.

Like every Friday night, I'm at work. I'm a male nurse. There is no need to laugh... - I'm nothing like Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents. Nursing is hard work... and most ofthe time it's rather sad.

Turns out this keyboard here must've been damaged by fat nurses leaning on it over the years- the space bar hardly works, and when it does it sounds like someone's hitting a washing machine with a saucepan... It reminds me of Paul Sheldon in Misery and his letter 'n' deprived typewriter. Each time I want to press space, it's a bloody battle...

At the start of Uncharted 3 there's this quote about dreamers of the night and dreamers of the day... I loved it. I like to think I will be one of those people that make stuff happen forthem (see there, space bar didn't work, again...). One day soon, I will finish my game, get famous, quit nursing and prove to mywife and son that the last three years I spent inside my own head filled with strange unreal worlds I built were worth something.

See you.

Armageddon

Are you telling me there is such a thing as fat nurses? :'(

Dualnames

Hello, MT, in my last topic, i felt nostalgic about how the forums felt when I first joined. I DON'T NOW. Last years ceremony, was fantastic. It felt like 2007. I'll go back to coding now.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Grim

Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 24/12/2011 05:20:44

My friend, I'm afraid they are also ugly.

Dualnames

Quote from: Grim on Tue 27/12/2011 20:41:23
Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 24/12/2011 05:20:44

My friend, I'm afraid they are also ugly.

Having worked in a hospital for 6 months, I have to say in greece, we have some fat nurses, but all the hot ones, oh, god, they make up for the ugly and fat ones.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

miguel

Portuguese nurses come in all types. Type A) a slut that will pass by you bouncing her curved figure as many times as she can, looking busy but actually she's just showing off to patients and colleagues; Type B) the cute young nurse that looks and sounds like you could merry her on the spot, deception of course, she's just waiting for you to pass a joke so that she can give you the icy look that resembles a huge syringe full of green liquid and gets a text message when you thought you were getting her attention; Type C) the normal looking nurse, that really cares for you, that has problems like you and maybe talks about politics and how to pay the rent, but never gets your attention because you're too busy looking at type A and B.
There's also Type D and E but that involves transsexual and/or macabre behaviours.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SinSin

Moving Thread Hi,

I know I've been ignoring you these past few months but get over it. And for heavens sake stop calling me my answer phone has developed a hernia

Kapeesh
Currently working on a project!

Sane Co.

Dear Moving thread,
I hope that the thread had come to my attention...
Ah, this is boring.
Godbye moving thread.

LUniqueDan

Three Hundred Twenty Eight !

(oups - wrong thread)
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

miguel

Isn't this thread about nurses?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Grim

Quote from: miguel on Sun 08/04/2012 00:48:02

I think so. That's why I signed up for this whole AGS thing after all!

LUniqueDan

No it's actually about nuns.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.

SinSin

I thought it was meant as a vent for those who love LSD.

God dam its the phone again
Currently working on a project!

LUniqueDan

ThreeOhFour

Dear Moving Thread.

There is a dinosaur egg in my room. I put it in here. It is hatching, I can see little cracks. I cannot sleep. My cat, Montgomery, can sleep. He does not know it is a dinosaur egg. Perhaps this is for the best.

I think the blue Pixy Stix are my least favourites.

Goodbye

<3 Ben

Sane Co.

I like your entry!
Oh wait.
Damn this thread! I WILL get my REVENGE!!

Ponch

Dear Moving Thread,

Ever since the forums got the rebootening, my avatar has unexpectedly put on a bit of weight... okay, a lot of weight. My pixels are HUGE now. Truthfully, I feel a bit self-conscious about it. What if the other AGSers are talking about it behind me back? Should I be worried or am I being silly?

Thanks for keeping this just between us, Moving Thread. You're the best.  :kiss:

Sincerely,

A Concerned Cow

ThreeOhFour

Dear Moving Thread,

I survived the night. The dinosaur hasn't yet hatched. I'm not sure where Montgomery has gone.

Ponch has gotten bigger, heftier, slower. He used to be a racing cow. Now? Now he's not looking so fit.

I'm taking my drag racing Van down the back today. I'm going to airbrush a mermaid swimming in flames instead of water, and I'm going to wire a lava lamp in as the interior light. Red wax in purple liquid.

And then, tomorrow?

Tomorrow I will drag race Ponch.

<3 Ben

kaputtnik

Dear Moving Thread,

I...I just don't know how to put this. I mean, I really wanted to avoid this situation, but now that it is here, I see myself unable to even remember the times before it arrived. Things have changed, and I am not entirely sure whether they are things anymore or just objects. All of it happened so suddenly, and as you know, I am not the most quick-witted guy there is, so I just stumbled right into it. Kierkegaard once said that you can only understand life looking back, but only live it looking forward - but ever since this has happened to me, I cannot seem to understand the meaning of this anymore, and I am pretty sure I am doing it the other way round. Or have been doing it the other way round ever since the day the whole thing came crashing down on me, which probably wasn't even a day but rather something in between days, or even in between years. Everything used to be so clear to me, so perfectly lucent, so astonishingly simple in its sheer existence.

The most troublesome fact about it all is that I don't even know if it happened - or if it really did happen, what it was. Or if what happened was something happening, or rather the mere premonition of something probably nonexistent, but to some degree likely to happen? I know that I didn't feel anything happening while it was supposedly happening, but now I am not so sure.

Dear Moving Thread, maybe it is time to move on?
I, object.

Ponch

Dear Moving Thread,

Success! Ben304 has fallen for my trap. Tomorrow we will race and he will be udderly caught off guard by my svelte and speedy shape. The Atkins diet paid off in spades. Sure, eating such a beef intensive diet was a little weird, but I'm fairly certain it was no one I knew (except for Jerry, and he was a jerk anyway), and the results speak for themselves.

Anymoo, I'm off to the track and to victory. By tomorrow night, Ben's sweet Pimpin' Van shall be mine and I'll be able to retire my 86' Pontiac Fiero and start vannin' it up with all the fine ladies.

Thanks for helping me out, Moving Thread.

Racing Cow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk