Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Dear Moving Thread,

Something is amiss. I saw Ponch eating beef. Has he resorted to cannibalism to try and beat me in our upcoming drag race?

My new lava lamp swirls indecisively as I ask this question of it. I cannot lose, Moving Thread. The stakes are too high. If I do he will take my van, or even worse, make me create another one of those games. I promised I'd never do one of those again. I don't know if I could handle breaking such a vow.

The dinosaur egg has cracked. I can see the beast's green skin emerging, ever so slowly.

Montgomery came back. I do not know where he went. He is sleeping again now.

I doubt I will sleep.

<3 Ben

Sane Co.

Mr. moving thread.
I will be crashing a race tomorrow with my awesome car. Either I will win, or no one will. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I plan on sabotaging their cars, and if they sabotage mine, no one will win. If they don't I will win. Mwhahahaha.
I love being evil.
Sincerely,
The sentient offshore tax shelter.

Ponch

My dear Moving Thread,

My devious plan is coming together. Already Ben is hard at work on another one of those games. As am I. And SaneCo. is sure to serve as the perfect bait for this trap! He will never see it coming! My udders tingle with anticipation!! Monday can't come soon enough! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  (laugh)

Yours,
Destiny's Favored Cow

Sane Co.

The Moving thread, that hasn't moved in a while,
Thanks for listening to what I have to say. I find that when in the course of human events, one must realize several important things. Cars rely on horsepower so I know that Ponch won't get anywhere close to the finish line, he will just run away from the car as soon as it starts. So I don't need to worry about him. And I know Ben is working on one of those games, and will be working even while he's in the car. if only I could add a crazy bug somehow, maybe an ant.
Again I say thanks,
The guy in the car.

Ponch

Dear Moving Thread,

I think the others may somehow be on to us. I'm not pointing fingers, but one of us may not be able to keep our mouth shut.

I'll be watching you, Moving Thread.  (wtf)

Yours,
Anonymoo

p.s. See you on Monday, for you know what with you know who.  :-*

Eric

Ponch, I saw your new avatar / signature in another thread and had to come here to make a request: can you have an alternate version where the Fiero pulls a banner behind it that reads, "Haters gonna hate"?

Ponch

Quote from: Eric on Fri 11/05/2012 04:40:53
Ponch, I saw your new avatar / signature in another thread and had to come here to make a request: can you have an alternate version where the Fiero pulls a banner behind it that reads, "Haters gonna hate"?

Can I half-ass something like that with a minimal amount of effort? You bet I can!  :-D

Hatters Gonna Hat

Sane Co.

Thread
I'm revving my engines. I bet you can't wait to see my S-CAR go.
The mysterious man.

Ponch

We'll know on Monday who won. (The waiting is the hardest part!)  :cool:

Tabata

Dear moving thread,

don't know where to ask for aid, but heard it sometimes makes things easier if you tell your probs to someone anonymous.

Well, I met nice people in a forum and I like them but sometimes they seem to go hopelessly crazy.  :-X

Right now I am afraid of monday - they might crash the forum with their stupid actions.  (roll)

It seems there is nothing I can do but wait and see what will happen.

Hope we all will survive!

Thanks for listening.

Tabby

ThreeOhFour

HAY MOVING THREAD,

I do not need horsepower. I am horsepower.

PONYHEAD lives in the future. He has seen what will come to pass. He knows what will happen on Monday.

VROOM VROOM,

PONYHEAD

justbecauseiliveinastablethatdoesnotmeaniaminstable

Sane Co.

The race has been postponed due to a number of reasons. Ponch is a cow and is therefore afraid of horses, and any thing to do with them. A major rift in time has caused it to be divided into hours in random places. It is now no longer possible to win or lose.

ThreeOhFour

You will see.

All of you.

Soon.

Ghost

Hi there, Moving Thread. This has been a modern day with modern things in it. My microwave asked me if I'd like a game of chess and I've managed to get Mass Effect 1 to beat Mass Effect 3. That was pretty awesome, but now there's gel all over my sheets. It's blue, so it can't be the other stuff.

Ponch

Dear moving thread,

Ghost won, which came as a great surprise to both Ben and myself. We didn't even know he was racing. It was quite a shock. You can read about it here:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=46047.0

I need to go lie down for a while and let my hoofs cool off.

- Ponch
----------------
p.s. Please tell Ghost not to play Mass Effect 3 all the way to the end. I don't want him to be sad and angry (both at the same time -- it was a terrible ending  ;) )

Ghost

Dear moving thread. I bought Mass Effect 3 today, again, to see a better ending. On the way to the counter a cow tried to assault me, but I distracted it with a strawberry cornetto. Australia called and asked if I'd like to adopt some velociraptors. Strange days.

ThreeOhFour

Dear Moving Thread,

It's 6:21 am. I feel good. My sleep pattern is finally back to normal.

I bought a Batman comic yesterday and liked it. Didn't think I would. It's the good one, the one everybody says is the good one. I finished it in bed this morning.

Montgomery and I are having breakfast. Well, I'm having breakfast. He is purring on my bed, his breakfast finished and cleaning his paws and whiskers ready for bed.

He has been out all night, hunting I guess. His day is over.

Mine is just beginning.

<3 Ben

Ryan Timothy B

Oh, Moving Thread... I've discovered how hard nowadays it is to buy a good wireless mouse that is perfect for me

Lately I've started dabbling in Maya to generate some 3D objects for a game I'm working on. I needed to learn from scratch and don't have much 3D modeling experience. It took me almost a day to discover that the middle mouse button is a very important button in Maya, which kinda sucks for my current mouse.

I currently have a mouse that I bought no longer than a few months ago. I love it. It's a Microsoft mouse with amazing sensitivity and the perfect small size for easier management (I really dislike large mice, which is like most of the Logitech mice). I find I can easily control a small mouse and it feels like it's more a part of my own hand rather than my hand feeling like it's a part of the mouse.

Anyway, I discovered since my current mouse seems to be more geared towards websurfing; the scroll wheel doesn't click as it spins and to click down on the middle mouse button is pretty hard. Not very comfortable with Maya at all. Makes it slow and tedious whenever I need to middle button click, which is like every 2 seconds or so it seems.

So I'm looking for a new mouse yet again. But I find it's a terrible challenge! Why do a lot of the mice nowadays seem to not have a back or forward button? Do people not use them? I find I often use the back button, but not so much the forward button.

Then it leads me to the other question... WHY do mice have sideways scrolling (4-way scrolling)? Does anyone actually use it? lol I've used, but never owned, quite a few mice that were much too easy to press for sideways scrolling. It's annoying and I can't figure out why a mouse has it at all. My current mouse actually does have sideways scrolling but it's not an easy thing to press so I didn't mind it having it.

So moving thread, I'm still on the hunt for a perfect mouse. Small, wireless, back button, click scrolling with an easy to press scroll wheel for middle mouse button. It also needs a micro wireless transceiver and needs to accept AA batteries not AAA (much more expensive, that was my previous mouse and it was bluetooth.. batteries lasted only 2-3 weeks). It's a hard hunt, but I'll eventually find the perfect little plastic baby to accept as a replacement.

Sylvr

Hey thurr, Moving Thread!

Life is good. <-- a summary.

--Sylvr
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Ghost

Hey, moving thread! Today was a fun day. I woke up with a headful of cat, but that was okay because he always tries to be my beard. Then I had breakfast of the most manly kind, namely a cup of hot coffee, a cigarette, an energy drink and Chuck Norris. I did an awful lot of spritework for Mythaumatology today and half of it is actually quite good. A friend came over and brought a movie called "The Posession". We watched it. Neither of us was very impressed but I think the cat liked it. And, guess what, moving thread, the Minecraft Redstone Update arrived today too, and I think I shall start a new world and build a very large pillar of some material.
And a discussion about adventure games based on old cartoons has started somewhere here, maybe you'll run into it, being a moving thread. It is inspiring and all I hope is that someone will make a game based on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtURoWuzfpE

That's it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk