"Rise and Fall" - A "Who Wants to Live Forever?" prequel

Started by Vel, Wed 18/02/2004 20:10:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

Veliarts entertainment presents:

"Rise and Fall" - A "Who Wants to Live Forever?" prequel

Story:
[/u]

The game begins when Andrew Barksdale graduates from Literature, and real life begins. No-one wants to publish his books, nor is his friend Sean Matthes having better luck. This is just the beginning, the whole game will cover a period of about 20-25 years.

Design:

As "Who wants to live forever?", its prequel will not be puzzle heavy, although it will have more puzzles. There will be no inventory, and the notebook will be more interactive. The dialogues will also be vastly improved, with an innovative system that makes the fact when you say a thing and the order in which you say the topics matter. Technically, the game will also be a step forward, using a slightly modified interface. As for length, I think that it will be 2,5-3 times bigger than "Who wants to live forever?"

Graphics and Sound:

The background graphics will be in the style of "Who wants to live forever?", hand-drawn and then coloured mostly with gradients. This time it will have 4 walkcycles, I promise. Music will be made by Petteri Aartolahti, and will be converted to digital audio by me. Here's a screenshot to keep you warm and follow the forum rules.

You can now listen to the digital version of the title tune composed by Petteri and recorded by myself here.

Help wanted

Right now, I need only one sketch artist to draw several character sketches(and by several I mean literally several, no more than 7-8). As the game progresses, i will be looking for one or two beta testers.

Release date:

it is quite difficult to predict, but I'd say July or August.

Updates:[/b]

The intro is almost entirely done, I am now in the process of drawing the last screens of it and the new two walkcycles for the main character. You can now listen to the title tune Petteri composed here. Special thanks to AGA for hosting the file.

SSH

This could be good if you spend more time developing than pimping.

EDIT:
Sorry for being flip, but you had just PMed me to demand I post a comment here!

Anyway, this sounds good and I hope that you can generate a good game. You intorduced some interesting ideas in the first game and I've already said how I like some of the things you did with the user interface and "puzzles". Maybe you need to have some points of light relief in the game, though, as the tone of the original game was a little too depressing at points. Not that you bung in loads of jokes, but maybe some self-parody or something, e.g.

Spoiler

a book on a shelf in the background somewhere called "Pimping for dummies, by V. Ivanov"
[close]

Squinky

Vel

Thanks Squinky!
Actually, SSH, I do spend more time developing a game than pimping it.Just make a simple calculation - 4 months of developing, about 3 or 4 hours per day. And I've hardly publicised it.

edmundito

You could call the game Who Wants to Pimp Forever
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Nine Toes

I'll give you my support on this one, Vel.  Good Luck.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Vel

*read update in main post*
@SSH: You shouldn't expect loads of jokes, but this time I will be putting at least hints of such.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk