Duzz Quest: An Egotistic Adventure (speech pack now released)

Started by Duzz, Wed 18/02/2004 23:40:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Duzz

I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of it guys, It was definitely a fun game to make, especially doing the speech pack, and not really having to worry about the quality of the graphics/writing/sound/etc.
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Nostradamus

Hey Duzz I got no help!
Here's the question again:
Spoiler
OK, I freed Bampton from the ropes, got the broom and the strange device, now what do I do?
[close]

Duzz

oh, sorry,
Spoiler
You need to use the broom on the open door with the lasers
[close]
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

jane

Was really enjoying this game until the football match - I'm finding it impossible to win - his player moves so much quicker than mine - anyone else have problems on this?

Lazy Z

It's not that difficult, once you get used to the game... IMO at least. Plus even if the game ends in a draw, you still "win".
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Duzz

I tried to make it pretty easy, your player should be able to outrun the computer character, plus he doesn't move diagonally, and can't kick it hard (and sometimes he just goes nuts and scores a goal for you :P)
  But if you're really having trouble, the key 'c' will end the game prematurely.  So if you press it at the start you'll have an instant draw.

Goldmund

Hah!
I must say that I wasn't impressed at all with the demo you gave us so long ago... but the full game rocks!
It is definitely one of the most entertaining amateur games I've played.
Obviously the game is even more appealing to your gang, but the overall off-beat atmosphere really gets through...
I'm really surprised you don't get 2000% more comments!
Thanks for a great hour I've spent playing it!

Duzz

Thanks Goldmund, I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
Ha ha, That demo was extremely newbish, pretty much a classic 1 room key puzzle if I remember correctly.Ã,  Ahhh, those were better times...Ã,  I'd be shot down it I started a Game in Production thread like that now :=

Quotebut the overall off-beat atmosphere really gets through...
I love it when lazyness is passed off as 'off-beat' atmosphere, (eg "that chair is really huge" type comments) that's one of the things I like about a lot of AGS games, it makes them very refreshing.

qptain Nemo

Cool game. My respects, Duzz. I like your avatar in game it made very funny! I've solved it with big pleasure!
Does it have any interesting easter eggs or different endings? I get only half of avaible points at the end! ;)

Duzz

Yeah, I sort of forgot about the points halfwayÃ,  through making it, so don't worry about getting all of them.

There is a Wizard of Oz style alternate ending, if you
Spoiler
talk to yourself when Tim turns into a werewolf, instead of using the noodles with the strange device.
[close]
It's pretty lame though.

And there are a few alternate solutions to puzzles, but they were all 'in' jokes, so it's not really worth looking for them.Ã,  Ã, Actually, I think they're all in the walkthrough on my site.

qptain Nemo

Duzz! : ))) I've finshed your game just like you said! I didn't know about classical ending, I'm gonna to look at it now...  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk