Night of the Zombie fish.

Started by rtf, Mon 23/02/2004 00:33:52

Previous topic - Next topic

rtf

Yay!  I have finished my first AGS game!  Get it right hurrrr!!!! (here), ir check out the long description at the "Games" section!

NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIE FISH is my first AGS game and I am very proud of it, even if you arent.

It is about a fish who gets lost in the sea, and has to find a way out of a place where almost all the fish are zombies!  Can you get rid of the evil zombie threat, or at least leave?

Here is a screenshot.  I have 2, so check the games section for the better one.

Go to the Games section to check it out!

Be sure to post here for some bugs and such.
I fail at art.

ElaineMc

I really, really liked the artwork. It worked very well with the overall mood of the game, and even though it was cartoony, it wasn't overdone or over-exaggerated.
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

evilspacefart

games with fish are always cool!  8)
downloading...

(uh oh! what if squink made a fish game?)

Timosity

Nice game releasethefrogs, I enjoyed it, I thought the zombie fish were excellent. The puzzels weren't hard but lack of interactions made it harder.

Spoiler
just a couple of little bugs: once you lose the fishtool, when you go back to start screen, you can get the fishtool again, but you also need the fishtool to leave that screen again

when you go back into the prawn shop and talk to the prawn, it is as if you haven't got the picaxe (when you have already got it), and the dialog gets a bit strange depending on your responses
[close]

Good luck in the mags comp, and keep up the good work

~Tim

rtf

OK, thanks,  Timosity.

I don't have anything else to do, so I'll fix those bugs right after I get home from school  :'(  hehe
I fail at art.

Kairus

It's a nice game, the graphics are really cute.
Am I too lame if I can't finish it? :P
Spoiler
I have the glowing thing working (I already recharged it in the ice), but I don't know what to do with it. I tried with the fishing hook that looks different but "nope".
[close]
What's next?
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

rtf

Spoiler
You need to use the glostick on the far rock in the room with the cult.  That will divert their attention.
[close]
I fail at art.

Gord10

It's funny :). It was hard to understand what the zombie fishes said (it would be better if they give us info about what to do in the game.).
BTW; have you watched Finding Nemo? :)
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

rtf

1. There was info that specifically told you to write hard dialogs down in the "help" section, however, I won't blame anyone becasue who clicks on the "help" button on Splash Screens anyway in PNC adventure games?   :D  hehehe

2.  Yup!  I knew somone would get the "Finding Nemo" Reference!  I had actually just finished watching the movie when I started doing the dialog scripting.
I fail at art.

valentijn101

Yes, finaly found this game. But i still can't download it. Your acount is frozen :'( Can anybody tell me where i can get this game?

SHE DEVIL

Quote from: releasethefrogs on Thu 26/02/2004 23:08:23
1. There was info that specifically told you to write hard dialogs down in the "help" section, however, I won't blame anyone becasue who clicks on the "help" button on Splash Screens anyway in PNC adventure games? Ã,  :D Ã, hehehe

2. Ã, Yup! Ã, I knew somone would get the "Finding Nemo" Reference! Ã, I had actually just finished watching the movie when I started doing the dialog scripting.

The words don't stay on the screen long enough to read them, so give me a small hint as to what I'm supposed to do next Please.  J

SHE DEVIL

Quote from: valentijn101 on Wed 29/12/2004 16:16:17
Yes, finaly found this game. But i still can't download it. Your acount is frozen :'( Can anybody tell me where i can get this game?
You can get the game at AGS games, just put in the name of the game in the search box

Squinky

Just to let you all know, RTG's prediction was correct, I did go down.....

Your like some sort of crazy-assed frog releasing prophet dood!

valentijn101

Quote from: SHE DEVIL on Thu 30/12/2004 00:27:33
Quote from: valentijn101 on Wed 29/12/2004 16:16:17
You can get the game at AGS games, just put in the name of the game in the search box

That's the problem. This link is frozen :'(

releastehfrogs_unplugged

OK, I made a new file with some important changes (like, the speech dosen't go away automatically.)  But sitesled isn't working somehow.  I need someone who can host it, just until I sort this out.

Thanks

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

rtf

I fail at art.

SHE DEVIL

Hi, thank you for slowing down the speech, that really helped a lot. I understand what I'm supposed to do I just can't find what I need to do it with. Please, can you give me one not so small hint??? Thanks again, Judy

lakerz

What do you currently have in your inventory?

Spoiler
Have you found a use for the scissors yet?
[close]

SHE DEVIL

Nope, and I thought that I tried everything, I'll try again.  J.

lakerz

If you need more help, just let me know.  8)

SHE DEVIL

Lakerz, Help! I just can't get it. I'm sure it's going to be something that really makes me feel STUPID! Judy

lakerz

Spoiler
In the screen with all of the fishing hooks, there is one line that is weaker than the others.  It's a bit of a pixel hunt, but you can use the scissors to cut off the hook from this weak line.
[close]

SHE DEVIL

Lakerz, thank you for all of your help and your quick replies !! Judy :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk