Leisure Suit Larry 2 Point and Click

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Thu 26/02/2004 22:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Finally done! Download it here:

*** http://www.agagames.com/temp/InstallLSL2pc.exe ***

This is the final version. Bug reports will still be considered, but not fixed with the same urgency. Thank you and good night.

And here's a message for Timosity - Do you realise that thanks to us, ALL Larry games are now Point and Click? Way to go!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Minimi

hmm... download transfer rate is 1,30KB per second... that's really slow...

I'll go sleeping now, and if I recieved it all tomorrow, I'll host it for a few days at my server ok? I'll post the link in this thread when I'm awake  :-*

Your butt(y),
Minimi

AGA

I uploaded it to agagames, I couldn't let anyone else be forced to sit for hours to download it :P

I edited the original post to add the link.

Kairus

Downloading it now, the faster mirror...
What do you mean ALL Larry games are point n click? Have you made a point n click version of Larry 3 as well?? I really want to see that! LSL3 is one of my favourites!
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Gilbert

Karius:

Quote from: redruM on Thu 26/02/2004 22:16:20
And here's a message for Timosity - Do you realise that thanks to us, ALL Larry games are now Point and Click? Way to go!

So, yes and no, he's not making a LSL3 point'n click but Timosity IS, I think currently there's a playable demo already, read this thread.

I just downloaded this LSL2 and had a sneak peek, nice work! Seems to be very faithful to the original, I think I won't get that parser bug nightmareon that game anymore!

Timosity

Excellent redruM,

I've D/L it and I'll play it over the weekend sometime.

Congrats again on the big effort

~Tim

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Thanks for the offer, Minimi, and thanks AGA too! I'll edit the entry in the games page to also support the mirror.

BTW, AGA, I noticed you renamed the file. Is it still the install program? Daft question, probably, but I'm a suspicion person, don't read me the wrong way.

Kneel. Now.

Minimi

seems it's not needed anymore to mirror  ;) gj Aga, I'll try out the game today...

Gilbert

Quote from: redruM on Fri 27/02/2004 06:22:55
BTW, AGA, I noticed you renamed the file. Is it still the install program? Daft question, probably, but I'm a suspicion person, don't read me the wrong way.

Yes it is, I had downloaded it from AGA's mirror, he probably just wanted to rename it to better reflect the content of it.

AGA

Yeah, it's exactly the same file, I'm just anal about the way I store my AGS games, so I renamed it :)

makri

Quote from: AGA on Fri 27/02/2004 07:02:43
Yeah, it's exactly the same file, I'm just anal about the way I store my AGS games, so I renamed it :)

In some cases spaces in filenames can cause problems. It's a good practise to never use spaces/non-alphanumeric characters in filenames that are distributed via internet.
Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

AGA

Oh? I know it makes the URL look messy, what with the %s that get added, but I never realised it could cause problems. I'll bear that in mind, thanks.

About the game itself, it's awesome. It's a very, very good recreation of the original game, all the animations are spot-on, the music, the hotspots, everything. Excellent. If only you'd redrawn the graphics in VGA-style, it'd be even more awesome.

Kal-El

The game won't seem to download for me  :(

Iron man, the last few posts in my thread by other users have magically disappeared too! Must be a bug or something.

Your pal, Daz.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Darren - Right-click and Save As.

Also - I must have done something I shouldn't, because all the changes I made yesterday have been edited. I'm sorry. But among all the changes, was this notice -

The patch 1.1 is now available. Download it from my website, http://www.freewebs.com/skimbleshanks. Use it to patch the main download files.

Kneel. Now.

veryweirdguy

I only ever played the first Larry game, so I am really looking forward to this. I never played Larry 3 or any after that because I wanted to play the second one first, but I coun't find it anywhere.

So hurrah!

M

Yeah, this is really good. Great work. I'm enjoying it. I am, however, stuck because I can't find Larry's room on the cruise ship map. Not sure where to click to get there. Any advice?

iron_man

By the way i finished the game yesterday.All went smooth.
For the room of larry, do not count on the mouse,
because it is quite tricky to enter rooms with it from the map system. You'd better use the cursor keys to navigate larry.

AGA

I definitely haven't deleted or edited any threads. Unless one of the other moderators did (which I doubt, since they don't really do much to moderate this forum), there's been some sort of technical error, I suppose... I promise never touched this thread except to add the mirror link into the first post.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh. Ok. than. I'll re-edit the first post to reflect the new patch.

ANd, about the ship's map - glitchy, ain't it? AGS's pathfinding still isn't perfect, at least not on such small walkable areas. If you want to use the mouse there, be sure to click EXACTly on the place you want to go to, at the level of Larry's feet. Sorry, there was nothing I could do about this.

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk