Leisure Suit Larry 2 Point and Click

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Thu 26/02/2004 22:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

TheProfessional

Could you get the patch hosted on this site? You're already exceeding your bandwidth again.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I stopped using the patch, it was not practical. Use the mirror, it also has the latest version.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

jane

I'm on the ship and can get to bar, barber or pool how do I get to my room? It won't let me go anywhere else.

wintermute74

This is a really nasty pathfinding problem of AGS. You have to click with your mouse cursor exactly on the green line (at the feet of Larry) in front of the room you want to enter.

Alternatively (and much easier) you can use the number key block to control Larry.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ok, version 3.1 is ready. There's only one difference from the previous version, but I think you'll like it - I fixed the boat map for once and for all.

EDIT - Urgh, double posting. Sorry. Also, I've updated v3.1, it had a few bugs...

Kneel. Now.

An

Hi, good remake!
I've passed the game without any patch and noticed no serious bugs.
Now I'll test it with patch 2.1. It will be intresting to read what bugs doest it fix. May be you shoud create some .txt file to download with patch?

My notes about Point list.
It is possible to get 503 instead of 500 (but no matter how much you will gain after 500 it will be writeen at the top of the screen 500 of 500).
The difference is the following:
You get 6 points for giving flower to aiport's men (7 in original version)
You get 4 points fro pulling the ripcord (automatically) (0 points in original)

An

One more - it would be good to see what version do you play (2.0, 2.1 or 3.1)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hmm, thanks for spotting it , An, but you're talking about an old version - I already updated that.

And as for your other suggestion - from v3.0 onward, the version number is indicated in the manual. Hey, better late than never!

Oh, and don«'t bother playing the patch, you'd do better to go ahead with v3.1

Kneel. Now.

An

Just downloaded the version 3.1 (I miseed the version 3.0 to download, but the installer says that 3/0 will be installed :-) ). I find the following bug: when being on a ship map the cursor WALK disappeares from menu and I also can't select it by the right click.

An

But may be it is not a bug. 'cause the icon appeares when you point one of the area where you need to go.

An

Me again!
There is bug in 3.1 on cliffs between the beach and airport. Almost at the end I've been stuck sometimes (and only one time passed through). The game continues to gain points and write the messages. Only AlT+F4 and Ctrl+Alt+Del works :-) And Reset of course :-)

wintermute74

Quote from: An on Sat 20/03/2004 10:51:57
There is bug in 3.1 on cliffs between the beach and airport. Almost at the end I've been stuck sometimes (and only one time passed through). The game continues to gain points and write the messages. Only AlT+F4 and Ctrl+Alt+Del works :-) And Reset of course :-)
Yes, I also told him that and he was not amused  ;)

If you look at the beginning of this thread you see that the problem was even more frequent before and redruM already did several things to fix it. Unfornately the problem still exists.  :(

jane

Managed to get as far as on plane.  I have sick bag and given leaflet to passenger but can't do anything else. Is there a bug here, as it won't allow me to stand or walk?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Can't you stand even if you click "Stand" on the menu?

If you're using v3.0, then the STAND cursor won't appear - a glitch that's fixed on 3.1. But clicking on the menu should still make you stand...

Kneel. Now.

jane

Errrrrrrr sorry 'scuse a streaming cold for not thinking of that one! This is one of the most frustrating games I think I've ever played...............been at swamp for about the last hour - how the heck do you cross that?   ???

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

<laugh> Yeah, Larry 2 was true to Sierra's current hype - save early, save often, cause there are lots of walking deads and actual deaths!

Spoiler
Remember that monkey you saw when you entered the room? HE didn't have any trouble, now did he?
[close]

Second hint -

Spoiler
Why not follow his footsteps?
[close]

Kneel. Now.

jane

Aaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh.  I'd been messing about in the swamp that long had forgotten about that little fellow!   ::)  Phewwwww got over that - only to met by some vines I can't get close enough too! Think I give up for today  ;D

jane

I don;y believe this game.................I swing over the using vines, grab loose one and then half my body disappears and I can't do anything.  Tried it a second time and the same thing happens..............is it me or is it another bug?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

???

That's a novel one. What happens, exactly? I think you're describing what happens when you
Spoiler
fall in them pond, which shouldn't happen after swinging...
[close]

Kneel. Now.

jane

I think thats what happening, I finish swinging land on the ground , and grab the loose vine and walk a couple of paces towards the beach then my body disappears and he says my feet are tingling.  It seems to be reading land as water!  I then just keep walking around with only the top half showing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk