Leisure Suit Larry 2 Point and Click

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Thu 26/02/2004 22:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy Z

Timosity is working on a P&C version of Larry 3, if you search the Games in Production forum you'll find the thread.

By the way, redruM, I downloaded your game a few days ago (thanks to my alzheimer's, I kept forgetting to do so for months), and I have to say, excellent job, well done. ^_^
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Jedi_Knight

heeeey sorry of my poor english (i'm from argentina)
try to understand this:
when someone can do a vga version of Leisure suit larry 2&3???
That is all folks :D

Keebo

I must say this game is pretty cool, I never played the original Larry 2 because I hate parser, but thanks for the good game. Make another!  8)

-Keebo
Space Quest 2 Remake Coming Soon!

R4L

EXCELLENT GAME!!!!! This game rocks! I will never delete this baby off my computer!

Calamity

I know it's possibly silly to ressurrect the topic but I felt I need to give you the congratulations you deserve. I had had the P&C version of Larry 2 on my pc for a while but never got around to playing it. I had enjoyed the original version, but constantly getting stuck in "guess the verb" situations turned me off to it a bit (I still love text parser games, I just find P&Cs a lot more enjoyable).

Yesterday I decided to finally sit down and try out your title to see what you did with it, and I must say it's wonderful (I still get a laugh everytime I walk anywhere near the barbershops). Keep up the good work my friend, you have made me one satisfied fan. :)
OwO

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteI know it's possibly silly to ressurrect the topic
Nothing wrong with doing that if you like the game. And thank you very much - thank ALL of you very much. Sure, most of this thread's content is about the infamous "beta" versions, but it still gets brought up from the dead every once in a while. Thank you all very much.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

King

Hi all,

I want to play Larry 2 Point and Click but have no idea where to download it from!

This link http://www.agagames.com/temp/InstallLSL2pc.exe mentioned in the first post of this thread doesn't seem to work any more (File Not Found).

The links to the game in http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/ lead to RAR files. To decompress these, I even downloaded WinRAR but still the EXE in these files turned out to be corrupt. (After this I even tried concatenating the two EXEs but no use.)  :-[

As you can see, I've tried hard to get this game. It's been an adventure in itself! Could someone please post a working link for the game?

Thanks in advance!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I don't know what you mean... I've downloaded BOTH RAR files in the GAMES section and extracted them and got the game running - with no problem. Maybe you need a more recent version of WinRAR?

But thanks for reminding me to update the links on the first post.

Kneel. Now.

King

Quote from: Rui "Puss in Boots" Pires on Sat 08/01/2005 09:01:07
I don't know what you mean... I've downloaded BOTH RAR files in the GAMES section and extracted them and got the game running - with no problem. Maybe you need a more recent version of WinRAR?
I do have the latest version of WinRAR. I downloaded it specifically for this game.

The problem is that both the RAR files, ie, InstallLSL2pc.part1.rar and InstallLSL2pc.part2.rar, contain in themselves a file with the same name, ie, InstallLSL2pc.exe. I am guessing that the contents of both the RAR files should be concatenated into one EXE. But how do I go about doing this with WinRAR? When I extract them one by one, it simply asks me if I want to replace the file by that name, not append to it. So I tried extracting both using different names and then I concatenated them using the DOS command of copy file1.exe+file2.exe InstallLSL2pc.exe. Even this resulted in a corrupt EXE.  :'(

Can't you please just upload the EXE as one whole (even if it is compressed using ZIP or RAR) instead of splitting it? Rejoining them seems to be a hassle (unless you tell me how it's possible in WinRAR).

I hope this isn't going off topic. Hmm... I guess not.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I can't, and I've tried. My PC simply times out before the transfer is made.

And as for HOW to do it... just make sure both RAR files are in the same DIR and extract part 1 wherever you like. WinRAR will extract part 2 automatically.

Kneel. Now.

King

Quote from: Rui "Puss in Boots" Pires on Sat 08/01/2005 09:44:26

And as for HOW to do it... just make sure both RAR files are in the same DIR and extract part 1 wherever you like. WinRAR will extract part 2 automatically.

Yeah, I just read that in the Help files of WinRAR. I guess I should have done that before posting my message! Sorry!  :D

I guess the RAR files I've downloaded are corrupt themselves (some CRC error). I guess they get corrupt while downloading (using GoZilla!) and aren't corrupt at the source itself ('cos others haven't faced this problem). I've already tried downloading them twice using GoZilla! I'll try downloading them directly using the browser now.

Sorry for the trouble! I do hope I get to play your game.  :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Yeah, although you can use any download manager with the MicroTech links, you can't with the AGS GAMES system. Bit of a drawback, but hey...

Kneel. Now.

splat44

Quote from: Rui "Puss in Boots" Pires on Sat 08/01/2005 09:44:26

I just downloaded both files both arhieve and boths exe files in those are exactly same bytes after extractions.

Therefore, what I did for test:
Extracted exe file from part1 of archieve
I run install file from file, run program without problems. uninstall it.

extrated exe file 2nd part and run exe file, run program still without problems.

It would seems we only one of those archieve file and not boths.

splat44

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ok, now try it WITHOUT both RAR files being in the same directory when you extract. :P

Kneel. Now.

splat44

Ok What I did,

Remove the game.

Place both archieve in diffrent directory but keep exe file from 2nd archieve intact, install program from different directory not where both archieve are. The program run still without problems.

I was able rebuilt those from directory winar 3.14 by creating an install file in which it splitted files into 3 part, exe file is: 1.39MB, 2nd one: 1.38MB and last one: 1.13MB and I used winzip to put everything one file at: 3.90MB.

If you want that winzip file and if your server allows that, I'll be more than please do sent it to you by email so can extract winzip archieve to those files on your server. By doing do so it will resolved lot of conflics. However, I did not include the unsintall exe file from your original archieve from your website. Please do PM me by providing your email address.

Regards
splat44

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Look, I have no idea what you're talking about. As far as I know and have experimented, you CAN'T even extract anything in the files unless you have both of them. And since I used WINRar to compress the exe file into 2 shorter files (plus my incomphrehension of what you mean) I can only assume you have made a mistake somewhere.

1 - The install file is almost 6 MBs, too big for me to upload.
2 - I divided it in 2.
3 - I have uploaded both.

How can either of the files possibly, conceivably have everything? Especially since the game itself is almost 20MBs? Also, I do not believe there are any conflicts. So far, the only conflict has been a user that hadn't fully understood how Winrar works. A small mistake that could happen to anyone, but it is by no means my mistake.

Kneel. Now.

Khris

Quote from: Rui "Puss in Boots" Pires on Sat 08/01/2005 11:07:23
Yeah, although you can use any download manager with the MicroTech links, you can't with the AGS GAMES system. Bit of a drawback, but hey...

I use Getright. Right-clicking the links and selecting 'Download with GetRight' works fine.
The links don't lead directly to the .rar-files, but GetRight is able to process the games.php-file.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Kneel. Now.

Necro

That is a fantastic remake, just played a few first scenes , but whoa did that brink back some memories...

I wasnt able to pee behind the trashcan though :(

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh, but you will. :) Just move closer to it. You may want to use the arrow keys.

And you may also want to have your sound on. ;)

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk