The Mystery of Haunted Hollow

Started by Hollowman, Sun 29/02/2004 16:21:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollowman

I have finally finished my first game - The Mystery of Haunted Hollow.

The game follows the adventures of a boy named AJ, who, during one dark night, unravels a mystery that has surrounded his home town for centuries.

It is available for download at

http://www.freewebs.com/hauntedhollow/Hollow.zip

I think it will be a pretty slow download considering where it is hosted, but the file isn't huge (1.2MB) so hopefully it won't be too long a dl.

I am pretty sure I have crushed any bugs in the game but I apologise in advance if there are any that I missed.

Hope you enjoy it. :)

EDIT: The link doesn't work for some reason so the best bet is to go to:

http://www.freewebs.com/hauntedhollow

And use the download link at the bottom of the page.

EDIT 2:

A big thanks to jannar85 who has been kind enough to offer a mirror for downloading the game which should be quicker than the terrible freewebs site.

http://runestone.adventuredevelopers.com/temp/Hollow.zip  

HillBilly

w00t. You finished it! Looking forward to play it.

...5% complete...

Which should be a while.

EDIT: If you use the steak with the church window, he says he wont go near the dog and turn. Now the GUI is locked and cursor is changed to an arrow. You can't do anything.  :'(

Kairus

Yeah! It's already finished. I played the demo I think last week or the previous one :P I didn't have to wait too much.

I'm downloading it now...
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Hollowman

Quote from: HillBilly on Sun 29/02/2004 17:31:44
EDIT: If you use the steak with the church window, he says he wont go near the dog and turn. Now the GUI is locked and cursor is changed to an arrow. You can't do anything.  :'(

Sorry about that :(

Not sure why that was happening, but I think I have fixed it now and replaced the file.

aicram

Help! I'm stuck in the house.  Does anybody know where to find the key to the backdoor?

karelimur

Spoiler
You can leave the house another way.  Instead of going through the living room door, take a left, which brings to to the front door.
[close]

I'm stuck too:
Spoiler
I have the steak, matches, wet sponge, cup, ticket, and have talked to mom and her friend.  Don't know what to do now...
[close]

Keith Weisshar

I can't exit the screen which appears when I look at the church door.  This screen has a chewing gum blocking the coin slot.  Also in the school lab when I use cupboard I find a beaker but it does not appear in the inventory.  I need to fill the beaker with water and boil it with the bunsen burner.

Hollowman

Quote from: Keith Weisshar on Mon 01/03/2004 02:25:38
I can't exit the screen which appears when I look at the church door.  This screen has a chewing gum blocking the coin slot.  Also in the school lab when I use cupboard I find a beaker but it does not appear in the inventory.  I need to fill the beaker with water and boil it with the bunsen burner.

Spoiler
You exit the coin slot screen by interacting with the bottom right of the screen. Exit should appear when you are over the right area.

The beaker in the cupboard is not needed.
[close]

Hope that helps.

luutje

nice game. but i'm stuck. how can i get the log and the flower. and how get i rid of the dog.

HillBilly

Spoiler
When I use the cup in the mud, and give it to Bernie, AJ says "aah, what the heck"
[close]

What do he mean by that?

Hollowman

Quote from: HillBilly on Mon 01/03/2004 16:48:28
Spoiler
When I use the cup in the mud, and give it to Bernie, AJ says "aah, what the heck"
[close]

What do he mean by that?

Spoiler
He is looking for HOT chocolate, not cold mud... You need to do something else to the mud first.
[close]

aicram

Quote from: karelimur on Sun 29/02/2004 23:05:31
Spoiler
You can leave the house another way.  Instead of going through the living room door, take a left, which brings to to the front door.
[close]

I'm stuck too:
Spoiler
I have the steak, matches, wet sponge, cup, ticket, and have talked to mom and her friend.  Don't know what to do now...
[close]

I tried leaving the house by the front door but mum tells me to get back to bed - how do I leave the house?

DJ

I'm stuck on the same problem. Can't find the backdoor key.

Hollowman

Quote from: DJ on Mon 01/03/2004 21:54:27
I'm stuck on the same problem. Can't find the backdoor key.

First:

Spoiler
Someone left a note to tell the household where the key will be. Think of a place where messages might be left and look closely in that place.
[close]

If you are still really stuck:

Spoiler
Look at all the fridge magnets
[close]

I also uploaded a newer version of the game which should fix a few problems I found.

miryoku_81

great game so far, but I'm afraid that I'm stuck

Spoiler
I'm no sure what to do with the dog in front of the church.  I keep trying to combine the flower that makes me sleepy with the meat, but it won't let me.
[close]

Hollowman

Quote from: miryoku_81 on Tue 02/03/2004 04:12:35
great game so far, but I'm afraid that I'm stuck

Spoiler
I'm no sure what to do with the dog in front of the church.  I keep trying to combine the flower that makes me sleepy with the meat, but it won't let me.
[close]

Here's a hint that should help...

Spoiler
The flower is one ingredient in a recipe you need to make up. The recipe can be found in a place of learning.
[close]

nope!

:'( I'm stuck in front of the church door.

Spoiler
I think that I need a special coin but I can't find it
[close]

DJ

I can't get in the school. When I use an item on the window, it reads, "Talking to it won't do any good." Bug?

Hollowman

nope!:

Spoiler
The coin is located in the museum, just hunt around for it, you will find it.
[close]

DJ:

Yep, slight bug I suppose, just need to change a message.

Spoiler
You can still get into the school however, but you need a specific item to get you in through the window. If you know how to get into the school sheds, you should be able to find the right item.
[close]

DJ

Just completed it. Terrific game! Good job. I look forward to the sequel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk