The Mystery of Haunted Hollow

Started by Hollowman, Sun 29/02/2004 16:21:41

Previous topic - Next topic

luutje

i finished the game. and i like it very much. thanks a lot

aicram

Quote from: luutje on Mon 01/03/2004 13:30:00
nice game. but i'm stuck. how can i get the log and the flower. and how get i rid of the dog.
Cool game but I'm stuck.  How do I get the log and where is the ticket???

nope!

for the log

Spoiler
you need a tool...this tool is in a place which doors are closed...you need a key...etc...
[close]

for the ticket

Spoiler
take a look around your mother, in front of the house
[close]

Rincewind

Downloaded it, and it's a nice game. But should it really start outside the church with the dog? It does for me...
And also, debug mode is still on... :) Might wanna turn that off...

But otherwise it's really cool - It's got a lot of atmosphere and mood.

Hollowman

Quote from: Rincewind on Wed 03/03/2004 10:34:03
Downloaded it, and it's a nice game. But should it really start outside the church with the dog? It does for me...

That was after I fixed a few things and due to my own stupidity uploaded the wrong version. I fixed it again pretty quick but you must have downloaded in between the two uploads.

Sorry about that  :-\

Larien

Excellent game.  Are you SURE it's only your first?  ;)
There were a few bugs, which I think you already know about, but other than that there were no problems.  You had some great puzzles.  I never would have thought of some of that stuff myself.  Good for you.  
I'm definitely looking forward to anything you put together in the future.  Just remember, you keep makin' 'em, we'll keep playin' 'em.  Great job.  :)
"A writer without inspiration is but a fool with a pen." --Sitara Stanton
http://www.myspace.com/zalea1864
"Someday--when things are slow again--we'll burn this city down." --J.M., who was quoting from...well, somewhere unbeknownst to me

meowy

Having fun playing it! =)

Minor look-at message error to report:
Spoiler
The look-at message for the red pot (while in inventory) displays a message related to the mom's look-at, rather than one related to a red pot.
[close]
- meowy

jannar85

The screenshots looks nice! Downloading it now.. I will mirror this on my server, which can be a bit faster. Edit your post with this new url as well:

http://runestone.adventuredevelopers.com/temp/Hollow.zip
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

ElaineMc

This was a fun game to play. I especially liked the location map, and the references to Laura Bow [the first adventure game I ever played!].

AJ was a nicely conceived character, and the use of look-at and interact-with comments helped to make him a little more "real".

Question: Will Bernie *ever* forgive him?? *g*
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

lspace

I'm stuck too.  I got into Shed B but don't know how to get into Shed A.

cutie_02_

I still can't find the ticket. Some help please.  ???

autowil

Quote from: cutie_02_ on Wed 10/03/2004 21:43:31
I still can't find the ticket. Some help please.  ???

Spoiler
Combine the magnet on the string in the inventory and use it on the grate outside the front door near ur mum.
[close]

Anyone know how to get in the park? I see the post that must give cup of mud plus some other thing to the guy. What other thing is that??

Nostradamus

Very interesting game!
I need some help:
Spoiler
How do I enter the sheds?   Also, I've entered the museum but can't take the pot. Opened the window but can't find it on the outside to take the pot from there.
[close]

Larien

Nostradamus:
Spoiler
You can't get into the shed until you do what you have to do with the pot.  Open the window in the museum and use the pot on it.  I don't remember if you have to pick it up and use it on the window or what, but you have to drop it.  You should then be able to go outside and get what you need off the ground.
[close]
"A writer without inspiration is but a fool with a pen." --Sitara Stanton
http://www.myspace.com/zalea1864
"Someday--when things are slow again--we'll burn this city down." --J.M., who was quoting from...well, somewhere unbeknownst to me

Nostradamus

need more help:
Spoiler
I'm in the spaceship with Ms. Derby. What do I do to save her and get out?
[close]

Damien

Nostradamus:

Spoiler
First you use the panel in the middle of the spaceship to get the commands in english, then you use the button above the far left panel, then you use the same looking button on the far right panel
[close]

Nostradamus

Snake

Yeah, the pixel hunting is a bitch.

I love this game so far anyway...
I loved the demo too. Can't wait to get further :)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Kediri

Something strange happened to me - after I finished playing the game I ended up back in the bedroom! So I explored a bit - can't do anything beyond the door in the church that's just a blackscreen.
Mom keeps telling me to go to bed and the police are still looking for Mrs Derby!
But I did manage to get into the manor house and found the letter!! ;D
So I assume the game really is at an end now?

Queen Kara

Arg, I hate being so crappy at games.
Please help.

Spoiler
I got the ticket and some other stuff just fine but I can't find the key to the backyard door , can't set fire to anything to distract Mum ,  and Mum won't let me go exploring away from the house.  But , muuuum , there's a mystery to be solved! ( lol ) The game won't let me cook the steak or use the sponge on anything either. It'd be funny if I could distract mum by wetting her favorite painting or cooking for her. And the game won't me sleep so am I supposed to stay up just because there's a mystery? lol
[close]
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk