The Mystery of Haunted Hollow

Started by Hollowman, Sun 29/02/2004 16:21:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashen

Kara:
Spoiler
The key is in the house - have you read ALL the notes on the fridge? And you use the sponge in the same place you got it. Try everything ON everything
[close]
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Queen Kara

Spoiler
There are notes on the fridge? I only saw magnets! Whoops. As for using the sponge in the same place I got it...I tried that , I thought I already made it clear that I have a wet sponge and nothing to use it on? Or do you mean trying to use the wet sponge in the bathroom again? Sorry , bit confused here ,  I just joined another forum ( for the place that used to be Tierra ) and was just asking about the King's Quest parody there. Any way....back to the subject at hand...I'll try again but with my luck I'll probably still be stuck. lol *pout and whine* arrrr
[close]
Thanks for the post.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Ashen

Kara:

Spoiler
My mistake, thought you hadn't wet the sponge yet. You don't need the wet sponge INSIDE the house, that comes later. There's A note on the fridge, but it's a bit of a pixel hunt.
[close]

If you want a bigger spoiler about the key:
Spoiler
Try everything in the hallway (with the stairs).
[close]
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Queen Kara

Thanks.
Spoiler
I finally got out but I think I discovered another bug.
When you try to look at the trees ,  Bernie says you have to wait until daytime , then the game just freezes up.
Finished! Silly me , I should've thought of simply pouring the water from the sponge into the beaker in the first place. Interesting that you end up back in your room and stuff after the game is over. Cool!
[close]

Pretty fun game but kinda not knowing
what to do next is a pain...thanks for making this , as much I complain some times , I barely know how to program myself.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

sarah

ok, all the hints are suggesting i need to use the axe on the school door, but im doing that and its telling me talking to it won't do much good - help!!!

Primus

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar)

He-Man

Great game!
The music and the backgrounds are really good!

Dave Gilbert

just downloaded and tried it out.  Very involving!  I didn't have much time to futz with it, but rest assured I will.  Nice work.

Belthazor

Great game! Nice characters and bakgrounds...!

Hollowman

Thanks for all the nice comments. Nice to see some people are still playing the game :)

Dave Gilbert

Hi, just finished it.  A bit confused about the ending though.

Spoiler

At the end of the game, you're back in AJ's room.  Is there anything to do?  Or is this a bug?  Speaking to AJ's mum still gives the response about Mrs. Derby having disappeared.  And going back to the church just crashes the game when I go into the back room.
[close]

Hollowman

I have to admit to being lazy with the ending. Instead of doing a menu, like I should have done, I just decided to go and plunk the player back into the starting room again. I just assumed that players would quit from that point after having the end game text. I think I was just oo impatient to get the game released, and too excited about my first game.

If I ever finish my second game, I promise I'll make more of an effort to polish it off :)

Phemar

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
problem is caused by the game rather than the interpreter.
(ACI version 2.60.693)

(Global script line 50)
Error: DisplayMessage: Invalid message number to display

OK   

When I spoke to the window (at school). I only spoke to the window becasue when I used Inventory (ticket) on it it said "I'm not going to talk to that," (or something similiar).

UP

sorry for reviving this, but I just found a funny little bug there, though I'm not sure if you knew about it. Anyways, if you go to the school, there's a little part of the shed you can click on. If you use the hand on it, you first jump to a place or two on the current room, the you're teleported literally on shed door B, and can't do anything... So again, if this was useless to post here, sorry 'bout that...

Phemar

There's nothing wrong with reviving topics. The announcement thread is usually a good place to post bugs so you did the right thing :D

GuyLaDouche

So far this is a good game. The music is great. Only problem right now, I can't find ink...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk