Garfield: Attack of the mutant lasagna - FINISHED!!!!

Started by Kairus, Tue 02/03/2004 02:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

miryoku_81

Maybe I'm a complete idiot but I can't even get past the first puzzle.  I find it difficult sometimes to move to the bottom of the screen because then the verb menu pops up, so maybe there's an area that I haven't been to yet.

Spoiler
I can't wake jon up.  I figured out that I need to drench him with water, but I can't turn on the tap in the bathtub and I can't reach any of the other ones.  Do I need to deactivate the mousetrap first?
[close]

nope!

Spoiler
findanother sourceof "water"...look Odie
[close]

Inkoddi

Quote from: Totoro on Wed 03/03/2004 16:07:08
Quote from: Inkoddi on Wed 03/03/2004 15:53:53
I woke Jon up, talked to Odie and went to the kitchen... what now?

Spoiler
kick Odie
[close]

And for the game: This is wonderful. You included so many animations for every action, so much effort :)

but but... Odie disappeared!!! he is gone! THERE IS NO FRIGGIN ODIE ANYWHERE!!!!! must be a bug... I'll replay it from the start. sigh

nope!

Noooo don't restart!

Spoiler
think that the kitchen-and also the main room- is bigger than 1 screen....try to walk to the left edge
[close]

Kairus

Yes, I think there are some rooms that are a little hard to get to. I should've found a way to make it clearer but couldn't think of any. The living-room, where you start, has four rooms, one has Garfield's bed, the other has doors and the mouse-trap, the other is where the TV is and the last is where the phone and the main door are. The kitchen is also a tricky one because if you go to your left you will get to the dining-room. The park rooms also have exits to the south.

I think there are no other tricky places, but just in case check all possible ways to get out of the room you are. To get out through the bottom of the screen (if possible) you could just click when the mouse is over the status bar (while being in walk mode). Only the two lowest pixels of the screen make the gui pop up so you shouldn't have much trouble with it.

I'm sorry if you found bugs where Garfield gets stuck. When I played it several times before releasing it I couldn't find any place where it happened, but, you know, perfect debugging is impossible. Try to save often just in case.
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Felipe

So it took less than a year...
What would be of me (and my damn dial-up connection) without those download managers? ;D

Kairus:
I'm really enjoying the game, although I'm stuck already... :-\

Just a few things I think I should tell you:
- I found what seems to be a bug. I received an error message while playing the game. If I remember it right, it happened when I tried to "Pick up" the door in the kitchen that leads 'outside'. Maybe you should check that out. ;)
The error is about a DisplayMessage with "Invalid message number to display" at Room 13 script line 222 (well, at least it's not 666 ;D ).
If you need more info just tell me and I'll try to upload a screenshot of the error message ;)
(I would have uploaded it already if only I could ACCESS my $@*&!#% freeweb account :( )

- This is not exactly a bug, but anyway:
When you're ON the table (in the kitchen - after climbing the chair) and use the action button on the table, Garfield says: "It's too high to climb just from here"
Well, you ARE THERE already.
Of course, nothing that a few 'hotspots' and 'if statements' won't do.
As RickJ would say: "It's just a SMOP!" (Small Matter Of Programming) ;D

Well, that's it.
I'll try to solve the puzzles which made me get stucked (sp?)
I "unintentionally" read the solution for them in some spoilers here ::)
Hope you manage to fix that bug I mentioned.

-Felipe-

EDIT: I'm sorry - I wrote this in NotePad and didn't realise the number of 'smilies' I was using...
Maybe I shoud see a doctor... I'm so addicted to those lil' faces! ;D
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Wormmaster

Stuck again! :(
Spoiler
How do I get money?
[close]

Raggit

Kairus:

This game is pretty fun!  But, alas, I think I've discovered a nastly glitch.

Spoiler
I picked a flower from Jon's garden to give to Arlene.  Well, for some reason, when I try to go to Arelene or any other place on the map Garfield automatically gets stuck and can't move.  Is there anyway to work around this?
[close]
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

CittyMom

I am really enjoying this game and still playing.

I have experienced Garfield getting stuck in several screens. The one thing that I tried which helped was going back into Winsetup and changing to "playing in a window".   This really helped.     But now,  I have had a couple of fatal script errors that made the game crash..... but I can tolerate this.

Tip for Wormmaster about money:

Spoiler
After learning you cannot leave market without paying,  go back to house.   There is source of money in bathroom
[close]

What4

I have a theory: the game begins to bug since you something to a cat...so just collect all the items and go to see each cat

miryoku_81

No matter what I do I keep getting stuck in the supermarket

Spoiler
I can manage to pick up all of the ingredients in the supermarket for the lasagna, but then when I am almost to the cash register to pay, Garfield gets stuck.
[close]

Does anyone have any suggestions other than restarting the game from the beginning?

Kairus

For all of you who got stuck somewhere, I can only say it's very strange because when I played it, several times, it didn't got stuck in any place no matter how weirdly I moved around the screen or how many times I got to a screen. I really don't know what may be happening to you.

But I also write this to inform you that I have removed the game from the web site as PAWS Inc. told me it's a copyright infringement (yes, they sent me an email).

All I can say is I'm very sorry, I really didn't want to remove it, two years of working for just a few days of it published... :( And I can't even fix the possible bugs there are...

At least I'm glad some people liked it. :)
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

mirokyu_81

I'm sorry to hear that. :'(

It's too bad that you don't get to share this game with more people, as I've really enjoyed playing it so far.

Gilbert

Too bad  >:(

Kairus, I know you had spent much effort on it, hopefully you will make another great game later.

CittyMom

This is terrible news that you are having to remove the game for downloading.       I do not know much about the creation of characters,  but could you get around copywright laws by doing some minor surgery on Garfield such as making him skinny,  removing eyelids, or giving him a bob-tail or something?   Also,  change character names by a few letters?    The game is very good and has a good plot, animations and text....  and this is well demonstrated in the two years of work that it took in the making.

Sure glad that I downloaded when I did!  However,  I am stuck on getting Garfield to Jon's parents house.   Any tips/hints would be appreciated.

Felipe

Quote from: Kairus on Fri 05/03/2004 01:50:24
But I also write this to inform you that I have removed the game from the web site as PAWS Inc. told me it's a copyright infringement (yes, they sent me an email).
Man that's... too bad!

I'm feeling so happy for having downloaded it before you took it off ::)

Just a small question:
How did PAWS Inc. find out about this game?
Has anyone told them...?

* Felipe draws his weapons
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Raggit

I am very sorry to hear that you had to remove your game! After all the work you put into it too.   But, I guess paws inc. has a right to do that.  

Well, I enjoyed your game Kairus! Well done!  :)
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

sergiocornaga

NOOO! I didn't get in time. And I waited for so long...  :(

Bionic Bill

You might want to look into the exact details of the copyright(s) they believe you're infringing. I don't see how, with the proper warnings in the game and on the webpage as to the ownership of the characters, they can still think you're hurting their intellectual property.

Also, I'm pretty certain it'd be hard for them to take any kind of action on somebody in Uruguay.

I don't want to get you in a big mess or anything, but I'm pretty certain these companies threaten a lot more than they can actually do.

sergiocornaga

My puny life has been injected with new hope...  :)

Ooh! February MAGS entries! *trots off*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk