Garfield: Attack of the mutant lasagna - FINISHED!!!!

Started by Kairus, Tue 02/03/2004 02:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

nope!

mhhhh...maybe, you could remake your game: change the names/design of the characters...nobody can sue you for using a fat cat.  ;)

the owners of the actual version (like me) could try to finish the game, report bugs...

Thus, you could improve your game....and change the names/design of the characters...nobody can sue you for using a fat cat.  ;)

Anyways, I want to finish the game:

Spoiler
I'm completly stuck with Norman/the mutants that are playing with the ball...and the road...Did I missed something?
[close]

Wormmaster

Stuck AGAIN!!! :(
Too bad game!!! >:(
Spoiler
I need a recipe before I can take mozzarella and other things from shop! Where am I going to get a recipe?
[close]
Well, I can help... :)
I could upload this game to my site... :D
What do you think? ;)

tvcooper2001

wormmaster,

you may want to take a box from a shelf in the store and look at it

nope!

wormmaster:

Spoiler
take a box near to the flour...at the extreme left screen
[close]

Wormmaster

GOT IT!!! >:(
I hate that game!!! >:(
Because Garfield always gets stuck!
I might put it to my site, but I don't want to play it anymore!
I'm so disappointed!

luutje

can somebody help me? i don't know what to do with the mutants playing with wool. and what to do with the terminal? where do de pipes must lead to?

nope!

kairus/wormmaster:

maybe if you add the script in the rooms' repeatedly_execute:

if (GetWalkableAreaAt(player.x,player.y)<=0) MoveToWalkableArea(GetPlayerCharacter());

Garfield won't be stuck all the times (this script was proposed to solve the same problem in a Zor's game....I don't know if it works).

luutje :

Do you know what to do with the cotton ball?  ???

luutje

nope:

no, i dont't know what to do with it. i already tried it to switch it with the purple wool. but don't work.

Kediri

I'm having some major problems with Garfield getting stuck - thankfully I've saved so I don't have to keep restarting - but it's very aggravating!  :-\
First stick was just after I gave the flower. 2nd time I didn't do that just gave lasagne - got stuck! 3rd time didn't do that went to park and got stuck by Nermal. 4th time didn't do that went to tv station - guess what? Got stuck!  >:(
So can anyone give me any help? Oh and regarding this;
Quotemaybe if you add the script in the rooms' repeatedly_execute:

if (GetWalkableAreaAt(player.x,player.y)<=0) MoveToWalkableArea(GetPlayerCharacter());

Garfield won't be stuck all the times (this script was proposed to solve the same problem in a Zor's game....I don't know if it works).
I don't understand what it means - and wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to do it - so you'd have to explain it really simply!  ::)

Minimi

Hmmm... so you do not have the right to use their product... but it's from a fan, for christ sake! The game is pretty cool, and I uploaded the install file to my server.... but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, Kairus...

SSH

Quote from: Minimi on Fri 05/03/2004 19:35:59
Hmmm... so you do not have the right to use their product... but it's from a fan, for christ sake! The game is pretty cool, and I uploaded the install file to my server.... but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, Kairus...

Hmmm, so you get rid of all your pirate software but don't mind THIS copyright violation? Oh, and you used the Lord's name in vain...  ::)

Minimi

Quote from: SSH on Fri 05/03/2004 19:58:02
Quote from: Minimi on Fri 05/03/2004 19:35:59

Hmmm, so you get rid of all your pirate software but don't mind THIS copyright violation? Oh, and you used the Lord's name in vain...  ::)
aww, man, I expected such a comment, about the "christ sake" part... but cmon... now stop trying to judge me on every little thing. And bytheway, he didn't made any copyright violation. He made is as freeware/fanware, and that's allowed by the law. It's just that the creator himself, does not want it, so that makes it not very kind to keep it online, but definatley not ILLEGAL!

tvcooper2001

This is a very good game...sory about what happened.  Nobody should be attacking with bad comments!

Now......for those of us who do have it, it would be nice to be able to finish the game.  So far it doesn't appear that anyone has come up with the solution to getting the ball of yarn from the mutants or being able to find a replacement somewhere else.

If anyone has the answer to this I know there are a lot of people that could have their frustration reduced by knowing.  Please????

Raggit

This may come in handy in situations such as this:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/

That is Title 17 of the United States code.  It goes into detail on copyrights and infringment.  I don't think it covers amature adventure games,  but it is interesting to read none the less.  
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

meowy

Are you sure it came from the PAWS people, and not someone who is just playing a cruel joke by spoofing the e-mail address?
- meowy

nope!

Kidiri:  I suggested to rebuild the game with this little add. It should move the character if he is (position x/y) outside of a walkable area.

Anyways, I think that there's something wrong with the cats/alley: all the bugs began after entering in the alley.

Minimi/SSH/...: maybe, they try to control the production of games because they're thinking to sell some games based on the movie.

I quite afraid about the AGS projects Sam and Max and Indiana Jones...

Lucas Arts doesn't want to make new adventure games...but they will also try to destroy any amateur effort (and the "Fan/amateur game" trick won't be a good defense)

nope!

yep, Meow is right: could you please copy the "PAWS" email here? I'm little curious about what they say about the game.

PacificNil

To get to mother's house, first step is: use blanket with grate in alley, then ...

Kediri

Is the sticking problem because I went to the alleyway with both the lasagne and the flower?
If so maybe I need to restart the game and go to each cat seperately?  :-\
Following a suggestion on hints and tips I did manage to give the flower away but I really can't do anything else because of this sticky problem! Believe me I've tried - I've also reduced the game to playing in a window - still stickyness though  :(

Kairus

Look, guys, I really don't know what happens to you. In my computer it hadn't ever gotten stuck. I played it again yesterday too see if it happened to me, but nothing. I don't understand it! No way to solve it now, as I don't think I'll be uploading it again.

It's my fault, alright? I admit it. Before publishing the game I was worried about what could happen and I asked a lawyer who told me to just upload the game and inform them. Not asking for permission, just letting them now. Yeah, bad mistake, I know. I should've just uploaded it and waited until they found out for themselves (probably never) to remove it. That's what everyone else did... I wanted to do it in a more 'legal' way, but it's impossible.

Now it's done and there's no way back. :( I just didn't think they would react that fast, I thought perhaps they would just ignore it or something, maybe they didn't even read those kind of mails, yeah, I'm an idiot. I have asked another lawyer now and she didn't give me much hope, only trying to negociate. But I don't think there's much to negotiate about as this game has absolutely no commercial value.

Changing the game so it doesn't infringe the copyrights would mean spending a lot more time remaking the sprites, something I won't do. Just changing the names wouldn't be enough, not to mention that it's something I don't want to do, because my primary reason for making this game was seeing Garfield in a real adventure game (what will never happen, as it seems). So I think the project ends here. Maybe I'll learn this time. :(

That's all, I'm an idiot.

I feel better now...

And for those of you who are stuck with the ball of yarn puzzle, just forget the mutants playing, ok? That one won't help.
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk