I'm going to China tomorrow and I don't know why

Started by Dave Gilbert, Tue 02/03/2004 18:01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Eric

Don't eat many chicken donuts.  I hear those pesky, winged, ground-bound birds are never dead when converted to a fried pastry.
Ã, Ã, 

Las Naranjas

Wo bu shi laoshi. Wo shi xuesheng. Wo shi hanyu xuesheng.

The early conversations you can learn are soo interesting.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Gregjazz

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Tue 16/03/2004 02:36:46
Wo bu shi laoshi. Wo shi xuesheng. Wo shi hanyu xuesheng.

The early conversations you can learn are soo interesting.

Lol.

Go to this link to practice your pinyin: http://zhongwen.com/chat.htm

:)

Las Naranjas

Um, I can practice by extensive ability to say what nationalities I'm not and what my name is.

So I'd spend alot of time writing wo bu dong.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Dave Gilbert

I named someone else today.  Her asian name starts with a "G", so naturally I named her Grace!  :-)

It almost makes the long hours worthwhile.

Evil

What? And the small, peteit, girls pants arnt worth it?

Esseb

Keep Guybrush and Manny in mind in case some male ever ask you to give him an English name.

Gregjazz

Have you gotten a Chinese name yet?

Definitely give out a few names from adventure games! lol.

Esseb

He already gave out Grace so he's thought ahead of us.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Geoffkhan on Tue 16/03/2004 04:25:22
Have you gotten a Chinese name yet?

hah, I've asked for one.  I was given something that sounds roughly like "David," but apparently it's the chinese word for "chocolate" so I didn't like that one very much.

It's interesting how the most innocuous sounding english name sounds funny to others' ears.  I was asked to name someone else (this is turning into my job, methinks), and gave her the somewhat ordinary name of Lisa.  She turned bright red and started laughing.  For some reason, the word sounds funny to her.  The only "L" name she was happy with was "Lee."

Heh, Manny.  I'll have to remember that one!  I dunno how "Guybrush" will fly, though.

Las Naranjas

I have a coffee mug with Richard in various languages, which gave Li Char in Chinese, which is why Gilbert calls me Plum alot.

Luckily Green can be translated literally.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Gilbert

Hehe actually I gave Dave a Chinese name (sorta) already, read the thingies written on the plate before me in that Photoshop *whatever* pic I did from the competition forum.

Robert Eric

Learn Karate while you're out there.  It's nice to have ninja AGSers.
Ã, Ã, 

Las Naranjas

"I'm a moron" - LGM

DragonRose

Waitaminute- Oranges is Plum Green?

Probably the only reason I find that funny is because I just woke up, but funny it most definetly is.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Gord10

Maybe I'll write a game about it.

Hey, I've an idea. A game about searching someone who has been lost in China for a few months. We are using the AGS forum posts, which was sent by the lost person, for finding him. But we understand that he was assassinated by his office collegues and his boss in the last level. :P

By the way, I want to ask something. What's the first thing to do when we go abroad? For example, I've gone to New York to visit (or working as a successful scientist or a game developer, this is imaginary :)  ). I think I'll get in a taxi in the airport and will tell the taxi driver to take me to a hotel; is it?
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

shbaz

Quote from: Gord10-Ahmet on Tue 16/03/2004 15:26:00
 Maybe I'll write a game about it.

Hey, I've an idea. A game about searching someone who has been lost in China for a few months. We are using the AGS forum posts, which was sent by the lost person, for finding him. But we understand that he was assassinated by his office collegues and his boss in the last level. :P

By the way, I want to ask something. What's the first thing to do when we go abroad? For example, I've gone to New York to visit (or working as a successful scientist or a game developer, this is imaginary :)  ). I think I'll get in a taxi in the airport and will tell the taxi driver to take me to a hotel; is it?

No, first you need to convince us you're not a terrorist.

* shbazjinkens eyes Gord suspiciously
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Gilbert

Dave Gilbert

I hope you all don't mind me using this thread as a pseudo-blog.  I enjoy your responses.

Could I just say... the people here drive like MAD.  I wouldn't say they break the traffic laws, so much as they just ignore them altogther.  Our driver weaves and dodges between cars, bicycles, motorcycles and pedestrians like he's playing hopscotch - all while driving at mach three speeds.  And he's not alone. Yesterday we were stuck in an 4-way intersection for 15 minutes because nobody would let anyone else get in
front of them.  Sure, there are traffic lights, but they might as well not exist.  I'll never complain about New York City drivers again!

And Gord, that would make a pretty cool story.  An AGSer disappears and the forum members form a worldwide search and rescue operation to find him.  Fortunately, my boss's plans were pretty benign  (if you can call working till 1am every day benign),  and an AGS dragnet will not be necessary.

I had duck's blood for lunch today.  Seriously.  It's quite good.  Try it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk