I'm going to China tomorrow and I don't know why

Started by Dave Gilbert, Tue 02/03/2004 18:01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Las Naranjas

I just read your avatar text as "Peking over your shoulder"

yeah, it's not funny, especially considering I've never known the city as Peking.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Peter Thomas

Duck Blood?

Bodily fluids of ANY sort are gross, but blood? Further still the blood of a KCUD?

Hmm... now I think about it, there's nothing that makes ducks any more gross than another animal, I suppose. But it's still creepy.

Hell, I remember the first time I went to a yum-cha restaurant. They made me eat CHICKEN FEET, and I felt like throwing up. Just the feeling of bones crunching every time you chew is disturbing. I could not handle blood, you vampirous, animal-endangering, blood-thirsty fool!

Hey! how cool is THAT!! I said 'blood-thirsty', and now it's literal!! Get it? Blood? Thirsty? Dave drank blood. Maybe because he was thirsty? [/blank stares]  Therefore thirsty for blood? hehe....*hack*...... [/dies]

OOH YEAH! I AM SMART AND NOT STUPID AT ALL!! L33T! BOW DOWN TO MY UNFATHOMABLE SMARTNESS!
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Gilbert

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Thu 18/03/2004 09:15:34
Could I just say... the people here drive like MAD.  I wouldn't say they break the traffic laws, so much as they just ignore them altogther.  Our driver weaves and dodges between cars, bicycles, motorcycles and pedestrians like he's playing hopscotch - all while driving at mach three speeds.
Yeah, that's how it is in the more civilized areas of Mainland (Shenzhen and Gaungdong, etc.), in the past, before there's a boost on "motor vehicles", bicycles were one main way of transportation (still is), but now there're a mixture of many things on the roads as you mentioned, making it EXCITING.
And I'm not lying, when I went there last year, the taxi driver drove past a Red traffic light, then I noticed a small plate under that traffic light, reading "You CAN proceed forward when the red light is on.", so he didn't break any rule, isn't that COOL?

I had duck's blood for lunch today.  Seriously.  It's quite good.  Try it.
Yes, chicken blood and pig blood are good, too. But be careful, as the bird's flu period isn't over yet.

Bombadil

Hey people!!

I was waiting to my time to go to class and I found the post "I'm going to China tomorrow and I don't know why". I've read it all.

WOW! I wanna get a job like that!! lol

Visiting a foreign country, never knowing when are you going to get back (if you're going to...), naming people, ...

Please, keep us informed.

P.S.: If there are any writing mistakes, I'm sorry, I'm not english-speaking. I'm catalan (and so proud of it)^^.

Dave Gilbert

Whew.  Just got home.

Seems I left China the same way I came in - being told at the last possible minute!  I get a call at 5pm on Thursday telling me that my flight is at 3pm on Friday. At least there was time for my colleagues to schedule a quick going-away party for me at a local karaoke club.  They really take their Karoaoke seriously over there.  It was a giant room, with marble floors and velvet couches.  A diligent staff dressed in tuxedos and evening gowns hovered around us, refilling our drinks.  A shame most of the songs were in Chinese.  The song "New York, New York" was on the list, which I felt was very appropriate! :-D

Anyway, I'm home.  I'm exhausted.  I haven't been sold into white slavery.  All is good.  

Sorry we couldn't meet up this time, Gilbert.  Maybe next time.

QuoteBy the way, have you "tasted" chinese girls? ;) I've heard chinese girls like "white" guys a lot (if you know what I mean...).

Er.... no comment.  A gentlemen does not discuss such things. ;p

Gregjazz

Next up: "I'm going to India tomorrow and I don't know why".

I hope you enjoyed your trip to China!

Peter Thomas

Chinese Girls = White Men

By GOLLY there's one I haven't heard before.

Does that make interracial relationships between a white man and a chinese female homosexual tasting?

That's scary. And, probably, a load of crap.

Who the hell is gonna taste a white guy just to compare with a chinese girl.

[/dies]

I can't believe I actually promoted this topic  :-X
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Dave Gilbert

Whee.  I have PICS.

You can see them all at http://www.davelgil.com/china - if you really care to trudge through them.  Here are some of the more interesting ones.

Arnold, my boss's nephew who also works at the company.  I hung around him most of the time, since he spoke the best english.  He looks like a kid, but it's just a ruse.  He used to be in the Beijing military, and knows a lot about martial arts.  He taught me a few moves.  I now know exactly how to defend myself if a guy grabs me by the right arm.  If I'm grabbed by the LEFT arm, however, I'm screwed. :-o

We went to this strawberry patch for lunch once.  This is me and Mr. Wang, the in-house QC (quality control) guy.

The strawberry patch was dirty and muddy, and my pants and shoes got real nasty.  One of the workers there instantly set about cleaning me up.  You can see by the look on my face how weirded out I was.

Me and Amy, the Mudd QC.  She's funny.  I liked hanging around Amy because she spoke perfect english, and we could get back at everyone else who only spoke Chinese around us.

Did you know that you can burn a piece of denim thread to determine its base color?  Neither did I.

Hard at work, looking for defects.

This is Wing, who handles trimmings for all the garments (chains, hangtags, etc).  She's a sweetheart, and laughs constantly (albeit, usually at me).  One day, she took me to the factory canteen for lunch.  I used chopsticks, she used a fork.

"I dub thee, Grace!"  Me and the newly-named Grace Liu.

Layabout

I am Jean-Pierre.

shbaz

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Sat 20/03/2004 04:32:07
QuoteBy the way, have you "tasted" chinese girls? ;) I've heard chinese girls like "white" guys a lot (if you know what I mean...).

Er.... no comment.  A gentlemen does not discuss such things. ;p

He certainly did leave photographic evidence though! Way to go Dave.

Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Gregjazz

Wow, Dave sure has long arms!

Anyways, thanks for keeping us entertained by posting your journal of your trip to China. I hope you go there more often!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk