I'm going to China tomorrow and I don't know why

Started by Dave Gilbert, Tue 02/03/2004 18:01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Seriously.  My boss tells me that I am going to Hong Kong tomorrow.  When I asked her why, she was very vague and seemed to avoid the question.  By the same token, she won't tell me how long the trip is for.

So basically,  I now have a one-way business class ticket to Hong Kong, which leaves tomorrow evening.  I have no idea how long I'll be gone, where I'll be staying,  or what I'll be doing while I am there.  

I'm quite freaked out.  If I suddenly disappear, you know where to start looking.

edit: changed the subject title because it turns out I'm in China.  Not Hong Kong. :p

Ghormak

Achtung Franz! The comic

Chicky

crazy, i take it yuor guna try and find out the info tommororw ... rite?

-OSC

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: OSC on Tue 02/03/2004 19:39:54
crazy, i take it yuor guna try and find out the info tommororw ... rite?
-OSC

I'm going to try... although my boss seems to have gone on a business trip of her own.  I guess I'll find out when I arrive.  Either that or Gilbert Cheung will be getting a panicky phone call when I arrive.

MrColossal

"Gilbert! It's Gilbert! I don't know what's going on man! I'm shipped to Hong Kong and there's a killbot trying to assassinate me and he looks just like you!! I need your help, I'll be at the Sunflower Hotel in room 234... I need your he---"
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Minimi

What's your job Dave Gilbert? If you can just go to HongKong for no reason at all, I must get that JOB!!!

Privateer Puddin'

take a camcorder, instant 'Lost In Translation 2'

Mr Jake

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Tue 02/03/2004 19:57:38
although my boss seems to have gone on a business trip of her own.  I guess I'll find out when I arrive.

office love ??   ::)

Esseb

Azure

Buy loads of anime merchandise and then ebay it ;3
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

LordHart

Dont start singing Kung Fu Fighting if you get bored in a public place, they might take offense and start Kung Fu Fighting your ass... :o

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

edmundito

Make sure that before you get lost forever you get a picture with the other Gilbert Cheung. :P
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Gilbert

Heh yeah if we meet again hopefully we'll have a picture taken this time.

DGMacphee

Help, I'm being held captive in a Hong Kong bakery...
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Pesty

God sent an angel to your boss while she was trying to sleep, informing her of the need for Gilbertcon 2004. Take pictures.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: DGMacphee on Wed 03/03/2004 01:34:46

Help, I'm being held captive in a Hong Kong bakery...

More like, "Help I'm being held captive in a Chinese jeans factory!"

So I'm in our headquarters in Guang Zhou, China.  Apparently my boss wants me to learn more about the production process.  All well and good.  I'm tagging along with the guy who speaks the best english (meaning we can understand each other 75% of the time) and I'm following him around and asking dozens of questions.  Fine.   It's been nuts.  I'm putting in 12-15 hour work days.  A harsh reality for a nine-to-fiver like myself.

Pray for me.

Gregjazz

Robert Eric

"It Gilbelt, it Gilbelt!  Get him!  Get him!"
Ã, Ã, 

Peter Thomas

Alive, yes.  But.... for how long?

I could never live in Hong Kong. It's just completely wrong for me. I'd freak out and die after a week.

Although I am rather envious that your boss just 'gives' you a plane-ticket. grrrr.
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk