Sam and Max 2 Cancelled! (Not Anymore)

Started by magintz, Wed 03/03/2004 19:13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

jetxl

Call a doctor I'm having multiple hart-attacks.

old quote from LEC. "50% will be starwars games and 50% will be other titles"

Lucas arts is becomming just a big sell out like sierra. they think about money first and hardcore gamers last. I'm gonna have a good cry and go to bed.

MrColossal

Ytterbium, i don't see the problem with what he said...

the only problem i see is if that's industry code and he knows it, then how is that sparing anyone's feelings?

oh well, games will come and games will go
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Trapezoid

WHAT? ARRRGH!!! NO! FUCK.

I hate LucasArts. That game was looking so awesomely hilarious. I'm in shock. Kill the bastards.

Ozwalled

Cripes, that's weird.

I was just telling my brother a few days ago that I'd had a dream the night before that I was playing the new Sam and Max game... and that I, unfortunatley, counldn't remember much about the game. Except that it was awsome.

This is so sad.

Evil

The only people that would have bought Sam and Max would have been Adventure Game activists, and those of us are here and make our own games. They figure they can cancel it, wait til we make it, and then sue us for copyright infringement.

Ytterbium

Quote from: MrColossal on Wed 03/03/2004 21:22:56
Ytterbium, i don't see the problem with what he said...

the only problem i see is if that's industry code and he knows it, then how is that sparing anyone's feelings?

oh well, games will come and games will go

Yeah, I guess he's right...I'm just a fanboy. All I do is defend things I want to like even though everyone knows they suck. But if that's how it is, that's how it'll be. I'll see you guys, I'm gonna go eat shit.

Currently in production: Septigon

Gregjazz

Crap, do you know how much I was looking forward to playing that game!?

You know, at one time I even used to want to work for Lucasarts, being that it's not far from where I live. I'm pretty sure I don't want to work for a company that cancels all its good projects to make way for starwars stuff.

Geez, now the only adventure games they finish these days are games of the quality of MI4. Speaking of MI4, ya know they're making MI5? Can they mess it up any worse?

Ach.

nope!

By the way,if they're making MI5, Mike Nelson has already wroten a press note  >:(

magintz

I've been contemplating a deep and emotional e-mail to Lucas Arts...

YOU SUCK!!!
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Domino

LucasArts is definetly going in the wrong direction. I agree with everything said, especially Remixor's email.  I would love to see the look in their eyes when they read that one, which they probably won't though.

I know LA came out with a game recently for the PS2 called Gladius which also tanked and from what i read, got bad scores all across the board.

about Gladius, i could be wrong. Videogames.com gave it an 8.4 out of 10, my bad

remixor

Geoffkhan: They're not making MI5.

Evil: Actually, if you take a look at big-name hardcore (non-adventure) sites such as Shack News and Slashdot, there's been a lot of response from people who admit they have not played many recent adventures but who were very much looking forward to this game.

Anyway, if you haven't sent in an email, please do so.   I have it on good authority that LucasArts has already been receiving enough feedback that they're taking notice, so let's not stop now.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

big brother

Man, I'm so pissed off. That latest trailer looked awesome.

I want to write them a email, too, but I'm not sure which email address to send it to. There is one for product support, one for the company store, one for distribution, and one for their website.

Any ideas?
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

BerserkerTails

My email to LucasArts...

QuoteDear Whomever it may concern,

I just received word that you have stopped production on the sequel to "Sam and Max Hit the Road". This disappoints me to no end as it was one of the top games I was waiting for within the next few years. I know economically the adventure game genre has not been selling enough this past years, but it's companies like you, who have no faith in the customers and weight of well known characters, that have killed this genre.

I am emailing you to inform that due to your decision today, I will never in my lifetime purchase another game by LucasArts. It saddens me to no end to do this, as I have been purchasing your games since "The Secret of Monkey Island 1", but I have now lost complete faith in the company. I believe you have made a stupid decision and stunted the return of adventure games to today's market.

Sincerely,
   Allister Howe
I make music.

Ytterbium

Quote from: big brother on Thu 04/03/2004 00:22:05
Man, I'm so pissed off. That latest trailer looked awesome.

I want to write them a email, too, but I'm not sure which email address to send it to. There is one for product support, one for the company store, one for distribution, and one for their website.

Any ideas?

mnelson@lucasarts.com

Currently in production: Septigon

Migs

Let's take matters into our OWN hands.  It's time to make our own Sam & Max fangame.  (Then have it banished to the nether regions because LucasArts would consider it a copyright infringement.)
This signature intentionally left blank.

BerserkerTails

*COUGH COUGH* The Case Gilbert *COUGH*

Sorry... Bad cold...
I make music.

Domino

Quote from: Evil on Wed 03/03/2004 21:48:48
The only people that would have bought Sam and Max would have been Adventure Game activists, and those of us are here and make our own games. They figure they can cancel it, wait til we make it, and then sue us for copyright infringement.

Migs, you and Evil think alike.  :)

but not a bad idea though. Screw LucasArts

if they already started Sam and Max maybe they would be so generous to give it to us, so we could finish it and play it.  ;D

Shawn

Evil

I'm actually Migs too. But he doesnt know that. I have a split personality. And beleive me, the whole have sex with yourself thing, it doesnt work.

Esseb

pr@lucasarts.com

Don't mail to the address Ytterbium mentioned.

BerserkerTails

I make music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk