Sam and Max 2 Cancelled! (Not Anymore)

Started by magintz, Wed 03/03/2004 19:13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

magintz

When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Phemar

Haha "I heart the darkside." Good 'un.

PsychicHeart

:D :D :D :D :D man that is awesome!!! "hey max, let's go undercover, i've got the perfect disguise"  :D :D :D
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

magintz

From the unofficial sam and max website I just read this relating to an article with steve purcell.

Finally, Steve concludes his comments with equivocation about whether his involvement in the game industry is completely behind him:"Would I get back into games? Sure. The [Sam & Max] license is back in in my hands now so we'll see what happens in the near future."

hmm.... :D
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

magintz

Posted by: Mats Berglinn      Posted on: 29th August 2005 at 20:03
Insert Quote
I don't know if anyone here at the forum have seen it but Joe White, one of the animators of Lucas Arts (or maybe ex-animator of LEC, not sure) have published a couple of animation clips from the cancelled Sam & Max: Freelance Police. Apart from the shots from the E3 trailer there are a couple of characters walking, one with Max shaving his butt in a office shredder (bet you will find this hilirious like me) and a clip of Sam & Max perform some groovy dance moves on a college disco (my favorite).

http://www.joe-white.com/joe_animation.html

Watch and enjoy (and maybe laugh your guts off too)!

Igor

haha, that was f***ing perfect! :D no really, what the hell were they thinking at LA? Canceling this game! i mean.. look at those animations.. pure joy!

auhsor

Indeed, those animations were awesome. It's more of a shame now that the game wasn't finished after seeing those.

lo_res_man

Can't we just move on?!?! I'm despertly sad at the cancilation as well but this moping is getting to us nowhere. We ARE the adventure game develipor community... we uphold a stong tradition of great games, and we look to the futre for more... are we going to sit on our butts and pity ourselves?!?! OR OUR WE GOING TO MAKE SOME GREAT GAMES?!?!!?
LETS GET OUT THERE AND MAKE SOMETHING!!!

(:-[ sorry for the shouting, i'm sorry, but.. moping helps nobody)
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Scummbuddy

youre forgetting one thing. us "moping" is letting us greive, and most imporantly get us a tad angry, which can lead to motivation to ensure that the adventure genre does not dry up.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

lo_res_man

OK Ok, grieve, i would rather be making games and in that making sure the comunity do not dry up. Really, what will help the A.G. community more? Grieving...or working? I grieve as well(as I said) I agree, this IS a reason to take action. but lets TAKE action. why not boycott, and start a REAL write in campain, like with snail mail, we would be less ignored that way.
as well work on new games.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

InCreator

Wouldn't bunch of good Max'n'Sam fangames be much more useful, showing people's love and dedication to these characters/world, plus healing a bit of the wounds cancelling made?

And maybe - if LA jumps on makers again, possibilty to say "You may have broken our hopes, but not our love towards it, so eat copyright violation, bastards", hehe :D

jetlag

Telltale games secured the rights of Sam&Max. They will make a sam&max game but not the one lucas arts canceled.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/news.php
15th september 2005

Scummbuddy

Well, then. I guess this thread is closed... 8)

(Throws a party. You're all invited.)
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Kweepa

Yippee! I'll be there, ol 'buddy!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Al_Ninio

That's excellent news. I'll be reading Surfin' the Highway in celebration.

In other related news, http://www.samandmax.com/.
Cryptic!

Ozwalled

It's Sam and Max's heads on Mars!!  ;D

magintz

I'll think you'll find it's Kilpeck, England in the 12th Century

Perhaps Sam and max will travel through time in England in their new adventure.

Mr Flibble

Just a little piece of news, a copy of Sam and max Surfin the Highway sold on eBay for about 65 quid.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

fovmester

Yes, finally!! Maybe we'll see the finished game before we die after all!

1337_123f13x35

Well it is the people who make the games not the publishers that REALLY MATTER

100%

The pubblishers just choose good game makers mostly...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk