Pirate Fry 2: The hand of Anturus

Started by Squinky, Mon 08/03/2004 06:13:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Pirate Fry 2: The Hand of Anturus
Whats that? Hell froze over? Yes, it did....I finally decided to release this game. I remember how I responded a couple years ago when a few people said they liked Pirate fry one, I even remember saying it would be done in like a month. Ho ho ho! The hilarity. Becuase I jumped right into it, I had to re-do and scrap and then redo again until it took quite a bit to make it look like something worthwhile. During the process I had Pessi signed on to be my background artist (A great honor) but then decided to try my own hand as I learned from Pessi. Many other folks beta-tested and added considerably. You are all thanked and loved and I will send you a christmas card with me and Mr. T, I promise
The story, art, puzzles have all been redone.

Screenshot available at: http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=2005

The game is available at: http://sylpher.com/squinkyproductions/FRYTWO.zip

Bob The Hun

evilspacefart

me too! downloading. congrats Squink!

Nixxon

Darth Mandarb

Yay!

Downloading ... will get back to you!

~ d

remixor

Hooray!  I was going to say something else, but I forget what it was.  Time to download the game.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Timosity

I thought I was seeing things, then I made sure it didn't say Fry3, then I checked the date to see if it was April 1st.

So unless I'm in a Lucid Dream, and I've created this reality in my mind, I think this might actually be it.

well it's downloaded, so time to unzip and ........

remixor

Just completed Act 1, and it's looking really good.  I'll finish it tomorrow or something when it isn't 2:45am.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Nixxon

Yeap, couple of puzzles into it... A top quality AGS game :)
I'll re post when i've finished.

Pet Terry

w00t! Gotta download this one as soon as possible! I'll be back.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Vel

WoooHoooo! More Ezine material to cover!

Squinky

Rock on guys, I'm a little sad this game didn't become what it was supposed to now, but it's cool seeing that you guys are still interested in it after all this time....

Hoop-a-dee-doo

Timosity

Cool Squinky, Finished it, loved it & now I can find out what happens in 3, oh, I already played that one.

Graphics, humor, actually the humor was the best bit, puzzles ran very smoothly, all in all entertainingly excellente

Spoiler
I loved making the sausage, top notch ingredients, and what happens to that dude from fry1 with the help of your neighbour is hilarious, the 2nd cutscene made it even better (brilliant cause I'd forgotten about him)

can you go into that other guild building on the left of map? cause it said only if I had to, and I didn't need to
[close]

thanks for finishing it, I really appreciate it, and congrats

Squinky

Coolness, I'm glad you liked it man. That Mercenary's guild isn't available. I had it available at one point but cut that part out. Heres a little list of all the stuff I cut out:

The Generals mansion, I had like four screens. The janitor in the mansion needed hemorhoid cream, then he would fix the elevator and then you could ge to the caves below the mansion and be eaten by a dragon and answer crappy riddles from a giant stone head. Yep, this was all in the game about a year ago...

There used to be a beach with a creepy pirate, a tailor, a set of scuba gear and an underwater portion. It just didn't all meld, because I got in such a hurry I just threw crap together, and I was learning the engine and thought it was cool, and then 3 months later I would realize it sucked, so I would re-do it again....

But enough with my rambling, I'm really glad you liked the game Timosity...

magintz

and i was like weeeeeeeeee

good job, am downloading now, will report back soon...
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Inkoddi

Chicky

magintz

Found a bug.

On the knife throwing competition if you hit the 3rd target on the 10th try it says: "Har Har you suck" or something, then it says "You Win", then it crashes.

Something about a requested room change for 2 rooms in one script?
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

PeaceMan

Heh, just finished it. Slightly disappointing about the Merc's Guild but the rest is great.

Spoiler
I liked the "Cheesy Action Figure" pun, damn funny.
[close]

Now, I'll have to play Fry 3 again to remember what happens.

Rincewind

Since Snake hasn't been very visible here for a while, I'll take on his role and say this:
Hardily Hoodliy Hoo!! W00t!

Downloading now... I can't wait to get my icky little hands on it... :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk