A Friend Indeed : The Adventures of JP & Cosmo

Started by Darth Mandarb, Tue 09/03/2004 06:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

MrColossal - Kudos on spotting the 'Easter Egg' in A Friend Indeed  (read his spoiler text to see what it is!)

Spoiler

I had some dialogue in the game where Cosmo tells JP that he 'beamed' up the fish tank at the last minute before Earth go Boom.  He decided to break the rules and went to save you.  When he got there he realized that you had already escaped so he saved the fish instead.

I decided to take that bit of dialog out because it stretched out the scene a little too much and made it a bit too chatty.  I left the the tank in the room as a 'sort of' easter egg.

But worry not!  They do in fact play a role in the sequel ...
[close]

~ d

HappyHobo

I just finished it, and I enjoyed it very much. It seems you put a lot of hard work into it.
I does feel like a sort of 'guided tour' though. There weren't many different interactions with the backgrounds. JP would usually end up saying something along the lines of "No" whenever I clicked on something interesting.

With all that said, I am loooking forward to a sequel.

P.S. I got a kick out of your use of Dust In the Wind in the credits.

Dorcan

Hi Darth !

There is not much things left to say, you already received all praises you deserved for this beautiful little game !
It's about time I post a comment, but you know, I was kind of busy lately. I wanted to give you some more bugs report, but eh... Forgot to do so  ::)

Anyway, I just want to say that I loved to play A Friend Indeed, the main character is so cute  ;D ! I totally love your backgrounds style, full of details... And the story was quite surprising too.

yeah, well, all I can say is: congratulations ! this game rocks !  ;D

Darth Mandarb

HappyHobo - I'm glad you liked it!  I realize it's kind of easy, but it started out as a three room demo I never meant to release.  Then it just kind of expanded.  I was only doing it to learn how to use AGS better ... scripting especially.  The sequel (down the road) will have much harder *but logical* puzzles and better interactivity.  It wasn't until the end that I learned some scripting tricks which make it better!  Just wait ...

Dorcan - Thanks for the praise!  I'm very much looking forward to your game (the one with that kick ASS character walking animation and that amazing background!)

Glad to know people are still playing it!

~ d

Candle

Sam.

it would be alot more fun playing the game if i could download it. i mean it comes up with:

Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
Server unreachable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

Now, if u ask me, theres something wrong ther. could be me...
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Czar

I know everyone already said everything good about the game, but I'm just gonna repeat it.
I just played it, and i love the phil collins intro, it makes the accent on drama and hoplesness (???).
I really loved the graphic, but there is one thing you didnt have, and that is music through the game. I really missed that.

Tho it is buggy, i really love it. [half-a-spoiler ahead]
I dont know if someone mentioned, but at the end (with teh whiskey) I didnt manage to cool the engines, and after all the credits it started on the last scene (cause of the bug, I had the In the air tonight playing :) )
and then I managed to do it. Thats one (cute) bug.

And the other I think you know about - the teleport thing, and the double space suit bug.

Cheers ~ Cz
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Darth Mandarb

I'm (VERY slowly but surely) making small improvements to the game!  Fixing more bugs, etc.

LucasFan has done a German Translation for me which is just so cool seeing the game in German!

I'm going to release a 'Special Edition' version eventually.  Which will, hopefully, have all the kinks worked out.

Questions:
1) What double space suit bug?
2) During the END you heard the Phil Collins song?  (That should ONLY play at the beginning - the ending is Dust in the Wind (another appropriate song huh?))

~ d

PS
Glad you liked it!

Czar

Yeah, but the Collins song only comes on THE 2nd (by bug provoced) ending. Not even the credits are right on the 2nd. There is the title and to be continued on the same place. But i like the whole mixup.

And about the space suit. After you get one, and wear it, you can pick another.  8)

If you want a Croatian translation, just let me know :))

Cz
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Pesty

I remember first messing around with this when it was just the demo of the house and I thought "Man this is going to be an awesome game" and I was totally right! I love your art style, it's so clean. I can't wait to play the next one.

In this game, if we mess around in the house for half an hour, do we get exploded? That'd be fun! Like Guybrush drowning after 10 minutes of being under water.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Happyhelmet

Fricken awesome game Darth. I can't wait to see the next installment. :)
*<@: ) ("Clown Hat, Curly Hair, Smiley-Face" - Cartman, South Park)

KathrynMxPx

dude, the game rocked...i know you know it was a bit easy, but besides that, i enjoyed it!  played it twice.... :P

bobby

I cant find the basement. The computer said to go there but i cant find the basement

Ashen

IIRC, the stairs to the basement are at the front of the house, in the dining room area. I think they're hidden by the front wall initially.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk