A Friend Indeed : The Adventures of JP & Cosmo

Started by Darth Mandarb, Tue 09/03/2004 06:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

Well, at long last I'm proud to release:

I have added some sound effects, which isn't my strongest area, but I think it turned out well.  If you find any errors/bugs/etc.  Please let me know and I'll fix them!

[color=550000]
You play as JP ... an ordinary, everyday kind of guy.

You're about to be thrown into an extraordinary adventure.

Just sittin' about one day, you hear on the news that an asteroid is on a collision course with the Earth. And all life will be wiped off the planet when it hits!

You head over to your friend Cosmo's house in hopes that his bomb shelter will provide some protection.

But after you find your way into the bomb shelter, that's when the adventure really begins ... [/color]

Download Game (~2.5MB)
Visit Website

Website contains a detailed walkthrough.

I hope you enjoy the game!

~ d

Nixxon

Whooo! *holds crouch and awaits the download*
:D :D :D

aussie

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Nixxon

Teh Yay, just finished :)
Excellent, well detailed graphics... Just wow.
Some room music would be well appreciated, otherwise it's a crisp and well polished peice of work indeed :)
I want to see Huge and epic sequel!
Well done mate :D
- nix

EDIT **
Minor bug -
SPOILER
Spoiler
If you walk out of the teleporter to fast after appearing, JP continues to glitter and dissapear untill you put the space suit on
[close]

Vel

MORE Ezine material to cover?!?!?
* Vel sighs and goes to write the ezine.

Downloading, btw.

Timosity

Excellent DM, I've been waiting for this too

seems like there's been a little productive period for people over the last few months.

I'll get back to you...

modgeulator

Damn, this game rocks! I offered to do sound and music for this earlier, in a PM, but you never replied.

remixor

Good stuff, DM!  I just finished, and I have to say it's very well-produced, and very consistently professional.  I look forward to seeing more from you.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Timosity

I loved it Darth, excellent at all levels.

Spoiler

I liked the fact that there was a timer going, on my first attempt I took so long exploring the house, that the earth kept exploding before I could take off. But once I knew what to get, It was easy to restart and do it quicker. - great idea.

As far as bugs go, it was pretty good although I did find a couple, at the end, If you interact with the chair up the top of the spaceship while standing at the level below it, It gives you points (or you get the points sound) at the same time it says "climb up there first"

There was also a baseline issue downstairs in the house as below

I noticed that I couldn't get my score cause the end was all blocking, so
I just went and tested this for the points, I got 290/300 but I found that out after it went back to the start screen. Then I tested whether the points carried over if you then start again, and I was at the start with 290 pts

Ah, I know the 10 pts I missed, the paper towel, I got it the first time, but when I started over to be quicker I forgot it.
[close]

Thanks for this wondereful game, and I look forward to some more chapters, the story seems very interesting.

Congrats on completion

~Tim

James Kay

ROCK ON!

And I got credited, too, you old ego-stroker!  ;D

I second that glittery bug. Also, I couldn't access my inventory the first time I entered the, um, large vehicle (spoiler? Surely not).

MORE! MORE!

Mage

been waiting for this for a long time. :D great job darth

piraatlife4me

Alright Darth!
The full version :)
I'm downloading it right now. Stoked to hear that you finished it. Now I'm looking forward to your next project!
Nice job!

Daniel
Winebarger

Pet Terry

Bah, there's times when no new games are released and then a whole bunch of cool games are released at the same time. And I haven't even downloaded Pirate Fry 2 yet ::)

Soo... downloading as soon as possible :P
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

AGA

Finished it. Awesome little game. Great graphics, with plenty of details. Enjoyable plot. The puzzles were a little easy, but the atmosphere more than made up for it. The lack of hotspots was a pity though, with such lovely detailed graphics it would have been nice to have been able to click on everything in sight. Overall though, as I said, awesome little game. I take it from the ending that there's a sequel planned?

aussie

I managed to finish it.

Excellent. One of the best I've played in a long time.  ;D

Nice atmosphere and graphics too.

Spoiler

I came across a little bug.

When you get to the astronaut suit room, there's something slightly wrong with your character's views. I think you forgot to release JP's "blinking" view from the teleporter.

Also, a suggestion which may help you with the sequel (because I really hope there is a sequel):  ;)

I think the puzzles should be slightly harder, people enjoy games like this, with such nice graphics and stuff, so the game should maybe last a bit longer. I'm refering to the car puzzle for example. The bar was lying just there. It would have been more challenging to find it elsewhere, pehaps inside a cupboard. ::)
[close]

Anyway, the fact is that although it took me no longer than 15 minutes to finish the game, I replayed it a couple of times just to enjoy the feel of it (and find ways to get killed).

Keep it up.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

kaaZ

Excellent game !
Although I think there's maybe a bit too much pace in it for such an epic story...felt like I could just click my way to the end scene...but apart from that I enjoyed this game big time...really proffesional feel to it! Looking forward to the sequel...
Pantomime players are the root of all evil.

Czar

like playing with LEGO all over again  :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Minimi

Just played alittle bit, but Woaw! It's already one of my favorite games of AGS!! REALLY GREAT JOB! It's such a good drawing style(as I told you in pm), and I think I want to live in such a big house, as Cosmo has!

aicram

Absolutely fantastic.  The graphic style of this game is awesome.  More. More. More.

Baron

Wow -excellent game.  Top rate graphics.  

Spoiler
I'm glad idiots like me could still finish the game without figuring out the coolant puzzle!
[close]
8)

Too bad there wasn't a countdown status bar -that would really make the time factor more...intense.  

Looking forward to many sequels!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk