March MAGS: Evil Enterprises

Started by Gregjazz, Mon 22/03/2004 02:02:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregjazz

I've finished my first MAGS game, called Evil Enterprises!

It features:

- 320x200 3D rendered backgrounds
- 32-bit alpha blended sprites
- full MP3 soundtrack
- voice!

Here's the link to the download:
http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelopers.com/EvilE.zip

And here's a screenshot:

Enjoy!

rookworm3

Snake

Looks good, but what's it about??

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

foz

Hi...played it .........

Excellent stuff...better than most the games that take longer than a month..
Sound is good...mp3 `s are heavy on size...13mb

I have seen the rest for this month but am sure this`ll get my vote...

laters

fOz

Gregjazz

the total zipped game is 9 megs. The music adds up to almost 5 megs.

foz

Sorry Geoffkhan
your right i looked at the file after its was unpacked....

The only things that bugs me in this game is the constant .."i can`t do that /That does`nt work "on everything you click......

Apart from this it is a very well made game ...graphics and animation very good....sound goood.....and i like the sfx ....such as the footsteps change when on gravel or wooden when in side the room..

Good stuff

fOz

Ginny

Great MAGS game! who did the voice acting? It's quite interesting, and by that I mean unique and un-repetetive, though the accent is a bit muffed sometimes. Very high quality, and great second puzzle:

Spoiler
repeating action puzzle is very good. really solvable in terms of actually thinking about it rather than clicking about. Only too bad there wasn't any notice that informed us that he went away and why (I mean, him saying he has to go to the bathroom, or alternatively him going to a doctor cause of vitamin overdose. Heh :D
[close]

I havn't finished yet, only been playing for a few minutes. :)

P.s. Oh, and I forgot to say that there was a glitch when running the game, and it doesn't play full screen, so I had to make it 640X400 resolution to at least see it. Damn XP for having 800X600 as the smallest resolution :P. This is probably a problem when downloading or something to do with my pc, not ags.

edit: Finished, it was fun, and a funny ending!
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

ElaineMc

Leopold wasn't precisely a sympathetic character, but I thought you did a great job of showing his point of view about the situation.

The graphics were great; I especially liked the opening pan up from the ground, to Good Tower. The voice acting was solid, although Leopold was a bit too exaggerated, IMO. The music was especially nicely done, and suited the setting perfectly.

Definitely recommended for download.
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

Kweepa

Good stuff!
When are you firing big brother?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Gregjazz

:) I make better games with Big Brother, thank you.

GinnyW, I did all the voice acting myself. In fact, I made everything myself. Except AGS, of course.

Sorry about the scarcity of character animations -- I didn't want the game to be any bigger than 9 megs, which would definitely discourage downloads, especially since it's a short game.

By the way, "Oliver" is Leopold's henchman, but he's on vacation. (I planned on mentioning it in the game, but I never got around to it)

Migs

Holy smokes!  Downloading RIGHT NOW!
This signature intentionally left blank.

Gregjazz

(obvious bump)

Hope you enjoy it, Migs. Remember, I need your votes this week!

Lazy Z

I just played it, and I have to say it's excellent! Well done, Geoffkhan! I especially liked the voice acting and the music.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Gregjazz

Thanks. The voice acting just about held the game together.

I slapped together the music in an afternoon. :)

Potch

The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Khris

This thread was dead for almost a year, just send a personal message to the games' creator instead of bumping it.

Potch

I'm sorry.  I didn't know that was a bad thing to do.  I've done that a bunch of times, and nobody ever said anything about it. 
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Khris

No prob.  :)
It's just to make sure that the threads on the 1st page are recent ones.

Gregjazz

mitm

Played it, liked it. Although the main character voice started to cheese me off after a bit....the one thats a bit like a demented Fraggle Rock/Sesame Street guy...sorry! Overall though I was happy.Ã,  Kudos to the khanster.

Secret Fawful

The exe won't run. It says can't set video or something.

Gregjazz

Quote from: mitm on Sat 19/02/2005 13:46:47
Played it, liked it. Although the main character voice started to cheese me off after a bit....the one thats a bit like a demented Fraggle Rock/Sesame Street guy...sorry! Overall though I was happy.  Kudos to the khanster.

Dude, that's my patented Dudley Doright/Fozzie voice. It's so awesome because it sounds nothing like my real voice. Sometimes I like to suddenly switch to that voice to scare friends. Well, I don't do that very often, actually.

More proud of the grave digger voice, though. My vocal cords still ache. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk