Crypt - A story of evil (MAGS March 2004) :UPDATED:

Started by mätzyboy, Sat 27/03/2004 20:07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

mätzyboy

Jippie! My first game for public release:
http://members.fortunecity.se/matzyboy/
(Click "download crypt.zip(798kb)")

It's called crypt, and it's my entry in the MAGS march competition!

I haven't written any help file so:
left click = walk
double left click = interact/use/pick up/whatever
right click= look
inventory comes down from the top of the screen, together with save/load/quit/info about CJ... :D

While using an inventory item left=use, right = release inventory cursor

Feel free to report bugs, I'll see what I can do.

Enjoy!

*Edit*
A screenshot:

There are a few soundeffects, but the compiler wouldn't create a vox file. Please tell me if you still can hear the sounds or not.

:UPDATE Ã, March 31st 2004:
Fixed a bug giving the possibity of having multiple copies of one certain inventory item.
Increased the time within which the second click of the double click must be made, in order to simplify interaction.
Added a read me file to the zip.

:UPDATE April 18th 2004:
Fixed another bug giving possibility of having multiple copies of other inventory items... Ã, :P
Added pointers to the inventory items making them easier to point with.
Minor graphics and text script updates...
Changed the year in the header of this post... ;)

Travis

Cool game :) Kinda hard.....I like the graphics and the sound effects.

Lazy Z

I got around to playing your game, and I have to say I really like the graphics! Funny game, too. For some reason though, I got a "failed to initialize audio hardware" message. when the game boots.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Krynge

Haha

This game rocks!!!

Short fun, first productions like this are awesome!

Nostradamus

Really cool game.

How about some help?  
Spoiler
I pushed the crate on the pearls to the locked door. Now what?  I can't seem to do anything else. Saw that hint about a crack but can't do anything about it.
[close]

mätzyboy

Nostradamus:
Spoiler
What else have you got in your inventory? Perfume perhaps? Put it on the stone (your crate) and look at it! The hint given then is pretty obvious. I believe you will find the rest clear... Otherwise, I'll tell you more...
[close]

Krynge: Glad to hear it! I bow with gratitude!

big brother

Ooh, I really like what you've done with this one -- clever concept, good humor, and a nifty graphical style. Definitely worth the 10 minutes of play time. :)

Spoiler
It would have been nice to be able to catch that pesky archaeologist and his assistant though.
[close]
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

ElaineMc

This was a neat little game. I did kinda feel sorry for the mummy, though, for not being able to catch the intrusive archaeologists; but at least he's free, now, to carry out his evil plan.
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

mätzyboy

Big Brother and Elaine Mc: I assure you he got his revenge... :)

Nostradamus

matzyboy:
Spoiler
I don't have the perfume
[close]

Mätzyboy at uni

Nostradamus
Spoiler
If you had the pearls you MUST have the perfume! It was one of three things (perfume, necklace, spear) that you took from the sarcophagus. If you somehow managed to lose perfume, you might have found a MAJOR bug... :/ if so please tell me if you can repeat it. The only other solution I see is that you used the string on it an in that case you should have a perfume bottle with a string in it in your inventory instead. Tried pressing the arrows in the inventory? (Although I dont think you can have so many things at once that scrolling is possible...)

Anyway, with the perfume on the stone, all you have to do is use the string on it and then find a way of transporting fire from the torch to ignite it...
[close]

jane

A great little game................only one prob - I had to click on the stone for absolutely ages in all different places for it to move  :-\

mätzyboy

jane: Many people seem to have problems with interacting. I've updated the game increasing the time whithin which you have to make your double click. Hopefully the new version suits you better!

Kediri

This is probably a stupid question....But what the hell!
Spoiler
How do I light the fuse? I have a piece of bandage that's on fire - I've tried using the spear and all sorts. Just says he doesn't want to be near when it blows up!
[close]
Also discovered that I can go back and pick up same items again although not the spear!  :D

mätzyboy

Spoiler
I suppose you have used the string from the necklace on the perfume bottle? After that all you need to do is use the burning piece of bandaid on the bottle (the fuse itself is so hard to point at...)
[close]

I'll check on that bug... I think I did a stupid inventory check instead of using a variable...

Kweepa

Nice little game!
Some great animation in there!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

mätzyboy

Thanks for the kind words Steve!

The game has now gone through it's second update... (See top entry)

Peter Bear

Just downloaded / played and ended it :)

That was fun, nice graphs and I really liked the end, made me laugh :)
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

Pet Terry

Hehe, that was excellent! Neat graphics style and animation, nice idea, all in all very cool short game!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

mätzyboy

Thanx a lot Leshaussebons and Petteri! Glad you liked it! I've started thinking about a plot for the continuation of this game, but on the other hand somthing completely different would be more fun perhaps... ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk