Cirque De Zale

Started by Kinoko, Tue 13/04/2004 05:17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Pirate

I actually beat it yesterday, but I just got around to posting now.

I liked it. I was laughing all the way through, especially after
Spoiler
getting zapped to Dimus' tower and getting washed up on the island.
[close]
Great ideas. Very nostalgic, and at the same time a great little sendup of the usual tasks and puzzles to be expected in these games, especially with your little snot of a hero.  ;D

I actually know a guy named Zale. Pronounced [zayl], though, not [za-lay]. The top hat reminds me of Aram.

One other thing:
Spoiler
The demonological colouring book, the troll doll and the seal's blood - great red herring. I love that kind of stuff.
[close]

Oh wait, I lied. Two other things.
Spoiler
What the hell happened with Little Red Riding Hoodie? I was laughing, but seriously, what the hell?
[close]

Uplifting, inspiring, soul-soaring stuff. Made my day. Everybody: do the download.
My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is. --Ellen Degeneres

Keith Weisshar

Where do I find the sunscreen, I need it to obtain the glasses.

Kinoko

OK, as for the bug reports... most of the stuff had been mentioned earlier, ie. Drew's glasses. I honestly have no idea about that one, I'd like some more specific information about when it happens because I just can't make it happen myself. Believe me, I -want- to fix this stuff asap.

The wolf head thing - I think that's a general bug, not related to the scripting because it makes no sense whatsoever. I just can't figure it out @_@ If anyone has any ideas... please tell me!

Spoiler
As for the ringmaster not changing after you get rid of his troupe, unless the seal was the last one you got rid of, you have to exit and re-enter the circus tent for him to change
[close]

The ladder bit had been fixed already. People that downloaded the game straight away will have that problem but noone else.

OK... did that address them all? I think so. I'm still checking things but there are a few things like Drew's glasses that I just can't make sense of. The script seems fine to me, I just can't find any loop hole that would cause that. Please give me as much information as you can on these things.

By the way, with the wolf head... did you get an error message? If so, can you tell me exactly what it said? Thanks ^_^

Spoiler
There's no 'sunscreen' as such, but you can give him something that looks like it
[close]

One other thing... I don't really mind but it seems like the mods might prefer us to keep hint requests in the Hints forum. I don't want to be the gang leader of a bunch of forum hoodlums or anything! ^_^

Damien

The bug happens when:
Spoiler
I try to give wolf head after talking with mother. If i use give on the wolf head before talking to mother, nothing happens.
[close]

Here's a pic:

Kinoko

Hmm, it definitely isn't a scripting error. Not on my part anyway. I don't know how to fix that or exactly what's going on. I can only assume it's just a bug with the engine or something.

Kweepa

Post global script line 656 and relevant context to the Tech Forum.
We'll sort it out there, no doubt.
Cheers!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Peter Thomas

Spoiler
Where do I get the blue lego block to give the engineer?!
[close]
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Jockstrap

Ooh, ooh! I know that one!
Spoiler
Poke the big bird (northish of the hatch) with the fork
[close]
You whet my pants...

Kinoko

Spoiler
You need to get rid of Little Red Riding Hoodie. SOMEHOW!
[close]

Jockstrap

Ooh, ooh! I know that one too!

Spoiler
Have you been in the hunter's cabin? Do you know the story of Little Red Riding Hood?
[close]

That was more of a clue than a dead give away....
You whet my pants...

Kinoko

Gee, you know... it never occured to me that someone might not know the story of Little Red riding Hood.

Jockstrap

That could be your fatal flaw...
You whet my pants...

Kinoko

Still you know, there IS a hint to it in the dialogue with LRRH.

big brother

Ok, I finished it.

I liked the game, but things got really weird at the end. It seemed like the tone changed.

Anyways, I think my favorite line was something like:
"No, no, no. I won't use the fishing rod on the fish."

That one made my day.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Monkeyman1138

Hey ho, I need some help.
Spoiler
I got rid of the circus troupe and got the seal and the kids for my own troupe, where do I get my third member? I have the fishing rod,colouring book, wolf head and the circus deed.
[close]

Agamemnon

Spoiler

Show the deed to various people. ;)
[close]

Peter Thomas

Spoiler
Okay...... I'm on the island with the engineer blah blah blah. Amazingly enough I found the martin glass, umbrella and big hat. But now I can't go anywhere!! I can just walk left and right..... and then I talk to Dustin and says "gimme effing lego block" (not quite) but I can't go anywhere except the shoreline?! Or am I really dumb and missing something completely.....
[close]

Peter Thomas

what the freaking hell?! I would edit my last post, but I'm annoyed.....

I got up to the island yesterday, SAVED THE GAME, went to bed, woke up, tried to LOAD THE GAME, and it says there AREN'T ANY SAVED GAMES!

GARR!! What the hell is with that?!

So now I have to start again (should be really easy this time), but I'll still need an answer as I previously posted

Iron Pirate

I'm not even sure this is really a spoiler, but...
Spoiler
Mouse around until you find the 'jungle' hotspot. Then, walk into the jungle.
[close]
My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is. --Ellen Degeneres

Peter Thomas

Possible bug?!

I'm replaying the game, and I've done pretty much everything. I've got everyone to join the circus except the mother. Every time I try to show her the deed it says "it isn't time yet". She's got the doll, and she's agreed to give me the kids as soon as I show her proof I can take care of them.... so why can't I show her the deed.

(I've got the wizard, pimp, bear and comedian who all agreed to come. The only items I have left are the colouring book (Which I know is used in the tower), the fishing rod, the wolf head (which I've already used) and the deed)....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk