Beasts

Started by Peter Bear, Fri 16/04/2004 10:47:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Bear

Hi

I just downloaded AGS a couple of days ago, I used it to port the first adventure game I've made ( I've made and started several ... )
This was just a test, and an AGS exercise to check what I can understand in it.
Anyway, this is a full short game to download now.

Story :
You are woken this morning by a loud scream ! What the hell is going on here ?

You will soon figure that some monster beasts are inside your house and they are hungry of fresh meat.

Find a way to kill this monstruosity and get out of there ! Quick !

length = Short
no nudity, no strong langage, some blood :)

http://haussebons.free.fr/files/beasts.zip
zip size : 800 Ko

dont forget to read the README.txt first to see release history, troubleshooting, walktrough etc ...
-----

Edited the post after reading the below advices :)
If you come back there, know that one of my next games will be call of cthulhu related :)
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

ElectricMonk

Hi, and welcome to AGS.

Very good first work, I especially like your use of sound effects. At first I had no idea what to do in the game, but when I got near the end it did all make sense. Some very nice ideas in there.

But please post some screenshots and tell the other people what your game is about, so they will be more enticed to download and play it.

From your readme file:
QuoteI was pretty proud to redo everything, everygame effet ( as there are few ) withouh bugging anyone in the forums,  just by reading them and reading the documentation.

*applauds wildly*

Kweepa

Yeah, I liked it.
It was interesting not having a clue if the game was good or bad, short or long, or what was possible...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Phemar

Quote from: leshaussebons on Fri 16/04/2004 10:47:19
If you come back there, know that one of my next games will be call of cthulhu related :)
Quotesecret worshipper of little cthulu
Quotecthulu blues

What the hell is a cthulu?

I like your game, cool puzzles. The story was a bit farfetched, and you did use Roger as a main character. Else I enjoyed it alot, and would love to get hold of the '94 version. I didn't get the ending though, until I read the README.txt.
Pretty good for a first game tho', *Zor compares his first game, and laughs at how just how much yours beats his

Slicing off a piece of your maid, hmmm.

Vel

Did you mean Cthulhu? He's an evil god in HP Lovecraft novels, as far as I know.

Peter Bear

right, the call of cthulhu is an horror novel from HP Lovecraft.
He was the Stephen King of the 1920's.

There are some games adapted from it's writtings :

Alone in the dark 1,2,3,4 =)
Shadow of the Comet
Necronomicon ( that sucks )

The movies : Evil Dead 1-2-3
Necronomicon ( short stories )

Most of survival horror, or spooky games / movies refers to his writing, which was huge.

Davis

QuoteIf you come back there, know that one of my next games will be call of cthulhu related  

Well I will be 'bout it 'bout it, friend. I love Lovecraft. (Ho ho.) Seriously, his stories are hawsome.
"So I've proved my point a thousand fold," snorts Davis. "Ho ho."

Kweepa

Actually it just occurred to me that this game reminds me quite a lot of Five Days a Stranger!

jane

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

(off topic)

leshaussebons - Don't forget "Prisoner of Ice" "Dark Corners of the Earth" (I think)... and "Anchorhead", a freeware IF game. The IF game is VERY good, I recommend it.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Peter Bear

shame on me I ve forgotten prisonner of ice

I did play the original ( bought ) floppy + cd version ( rebought it last year on internet )

I remember, ( that was in 95 I think ) that I had some troubles to make my adlib sound card to work with it, I had infogrames on the phone, I talked to some game programmer and to bruno bonnel himself, they sent me some patch disks directly ( hand written floppy disk )

:')

that was old good time !

I dare anyone to talk to a big game making company chairman nowadays and ask him to compile a little patch just for you !

Kweepa

Bruno Bonnell, huh?
That's a great story!

And redruM, thanks for the Anchorhead recommendation - I thought I'd played it (and didn't like it much) but I just read a description and I've been confusing it with another game for years.

For good Lovecraft inspired IF, you can't beat Infocom's The Lurking Horror.

leshaussebons,
You say one of your upcoming games? Now that's confidence!

Peter Bear

I admit I am a big game releaser, never found the time to develop my own engine ( started in SDL some weeks ago ), as I found AGS I though it was a waste of time to remake exactly the same 'weel' as it seems to work very good

I have most of the stories and media ready for the release for at least 4 adventures games since the end of the year 2004.

Only one will be horror / thriller, the other ones will be fun ( that's a stuff I am maybe better at )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk