Dante's Day

Started by Milo, Wed 21/04/2004 19:17:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I've just finished my first game, Dante's Day. I'm not sure if it is good enough to submit to the site as it's the first one I've done, so I would greatly appreciate your comments. Keep in mind that I was learning the AGS as I went along, and sadly, I am not much of an artist. Hopefully other things will make up for that. Anyway, here's some screenshots and the link to the zip file. Enjoy, and your constructive criticism is welcome (and let me know if anything doesn't work).
                                                                                            - Milo

http://www.geocities.com/kamelion51/index.html

aicram

Hey Milo,  Just played the game - i liked it.  Noticed a bug I think.
Spoiler
when give the book to the cook and he tells you to take the steak, the word Steak does not show in the action line.  ie: it only displays the word "interact" not "interact with steak".  It does the same when the Wizard gives you the potion.  I spent quite a while looking for the steak because of this.
[close]
Anyway, as I said it was good for a first game - look forward to more.

fransaskois

pretty good game.  If I had one comment to make, it's that the music's a little too high-pitched to be playing throughout the whole game.  then again, i haven't finished it yet, so I don't know if it changes later :P

good work, though
"My computer is narcoleptic."

nope!

not bad at all.
I found two "bugs":

Spoiler
after recovering her apparence, the queen is still named "Frog"-  I used the  rope with "Frog"

I managed to reach the score of 75: I picked a second cat tail after giving the first one to the wizard
[close]

ElectricMonk

Jesus Christ, talk about a harsh ending...

Other than that, excellent writing (I enjoy it when the puns are piled on so thick that they hurt) and nice sound effects (ching ching ching, heheh).

As usual, a few niggles:
- The cat's tail is labeled "Hotspot 2"
- It's a bit annoying to have to figure out the one flower to pick. For the longest time I thought I was going the wrong way about picking them (like maybe I needed bait or something).
- At the very beginning, Dante is standing up before his sleeping animation is shown. Perhaps you could fix that by setting the character view and animation in the "before fade-in" part of the room.

That said, I really enjoyed it and hope to see more games from you...

AtakeeR

I just finished this game - It was funny, good, short game. Really good for first game. I love Dante, and noise he makes when he walks. Ending was very very funny :).
Spoiler
Poor Dante.
[close]

BTW
Spoiler
QuoteI managed to reach the score of 75: I picked a second cat tail after giving the first one to the wizard

You also can get additional score by talking with king: "Can I help?" after you gave portrait to frog (You'll get next portrait and next 5 points). I think that it's infinity chain but i didn't try to give second portrait to frog  
[close]

I'll wait for next your production.

Queen Kara

Wow , I finally finished the game and that is a sad ending!
His eyes may be scary but I still felt badly for him.
Thanks for making this game.
I just read the part where you stated that you made this as you were learning AGS , guess I kept skimming over the first message and missed that part. lol

Spoiler
It took me a while to figure out that I _could_ go further into the castle just by going south , I don't know if you check your pms or what but I had asked you for help and you didn't reply back...just saying...if you don't check your pms , please start doing so. Any way ,  other than the annoying parts ( trying to find my way around....thinking I was stuck for quite a while when all I had to do was look around more ) , great game. Sad ending , I know not everything has to have a happy ending but I like happy endings better. Any chance of a sequel where it turns out that Dante didn't really die and the whole end scene was in a fact a bad joke? I can't wait to see other projects from you.
[close]
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk